User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was making a bad joke when I said it was 2016 all over again, but lo and behold, history once more repeats itself... I'd ask why we can't just all get along, but long years of experience have taught me that people are just different, and it's impossible to please everyone.

I wish you well in your future endeavors, hopefully they have less drama.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VitorThauma View Post
    holy shit can we please delete this fucking game already
    I tried and failed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how people are actually considering vigilante mods when it was a shitpost.

But seriously I will do it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    I love how people are actually considering vigilante mods when it was a shitpost.

No
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post

Problem is I dont trust anyone to do it.

Vigilante Mod: HE WAS A GRIEFER SO I KILLED HIM!
    Player: Wtf I just punched a guy by accident and this shithead just shot me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Problem is I dont trust anyone to do it.

Vigilante Mod: HE WAS A GRIEFER SO I KILLED HIM!
    Player: Wtf I just punched a guy by accident and this shithead just shot me.
    Like I said ill do it.

If a vigilante mod fucks up they get perma banned its part of the contract.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 01-27-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rotating hosts/vice hosts/et cetera is a good way to see visions change and no progress be made on a path set out on.

Simply put, if you want your own playground go and build one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grabs popcorn
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, I just want this server to not implode since for better or for worse as of right now, besides Alien Isolation, this game is the only good thing to come out of the Aliens franchise since roughly 2010 (Damn you Randy Pitchford.)
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Host should be someone who wants to make the game better. Right now Jamie just sits in the host position and hoards his powers just to have the last say over everything. With Jamie having so much control over the server and everyone else having so little, all while refusing to actually do anything, the server is practically gridlocked for changes while he is gone (which is often). When it came to giving out abilties, Jamie would often not want to hand out additional powers to other roles so I (outside grim or neth) was the only person who could update certain things half the time. If I didn't update the Whitelist file, literally it would never get updated. I also had no abilities to hand out any powers beyond the forums or server itself, meaning everything I didn't really want to do still had to get railroaded through me now as Jamie never bothered to do anything himself and both Neth and Grim were already busy doing stuff. It took months of just laborious effort of messaging Jamie over and over to get any real response as he was always, "too busy right now," or, "it's too much work, I don't want to do it," or sometimes just flat out never replied. When I tried to shift my focus away from the current tasks I'm stuck with, Jamie would usually just say no leaving me stuck in the same place with no real ability to make any meaningful changes. Hell, I took vice host in the first place so I could stop being the person in charge of literally everything that wasn't the dev team, which took months of arguing for and only really happened in the first place because Dean left out of the blue. I should have just quit if I had common sense but I figured maybe I could talk some sense into Jamie and remove the stranglehold he had over CM.

As it stands, someone like Grimcad should be given host while Jamie moves to a server manager section. I've never had any desire to be Host and even if it was offered to me, I'd have turned it down. I've never wanted to run all of CM, rather keep things moving so CM can actually move forward and not be stuck rudderless in the water, then retire. Jamie's refusal to do anything is the biggest issue CM has at the moment as it's left the server without leadership for about a year now.

Also damn you Randy Pitchford.
    Last edited by Emerald Blood; 01-27-2020 at 10:57 PM.