Your Byond ID?
    MattAtlas

Your Character Name?
    K'zar Thar'n

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Mizari

Accused Character Name
    Datuin Luar-Ke

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20 UTC+1

What rule(s) were broken:
    Honor Code, Abominations clause

Description of the incident:
    Mizari was infected in the Hospital when his mask was knocked out. I heard this and proceeded to find the carrier that infected them. I had a hunch they were devoured but I was not 100% sure - so I waited a few minutes for them to regain consciousness while I battled a few xenos.

Of course, nothing happens. In the span of 15 minutes Mizari did not say a single word on the Yautja radio. Frustrated, I attempted to find them near the hospital. I found Mizari cloaked in the middle of a group of xenos tackling him down, while he was doing absolutely nothing and only pushing Xenos.

I attempt to plasmacast him to get rid of the Predalien larva but that did not work, I shortly after got infected as well due to a lucky mask knockoff but I managed to kill myself near instantly.

From talking to other players who were involved, it seems like Mizari was only running in circles around the Cargo area, doing nothing to prevent the larva in him from bursting. This is reinforced by the fact that he didn't use his radio once when infected, even when he ESCAPED the Xenos. He didn't head to the ship either and made no attempts to kill himself.

This was in my opinion yet another Predator player intentionally bursting, which is against the Abominations clause of the Code.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I have none on my phone, the Admins can dig the relevant logs up.

How you would punish the accused:
    Potentially removal from Predator whitelist considering their recent warning + ParadoxSpace's punishment for the same thing.
    Last edited by MattAtlas; 01-12-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to add that Mizari ghosted before he bursted.

And yes, he managed to escape from the hive not once but twice. I was a runner and I was actively hunting him until I died
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 01-12-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Logs

Mizari begins engaging some aliens:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mizari Gets infected, carrier grabs them:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mizari starts attacking xenos again, and escapes them:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mizari is close to bursting, continues fighting:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Right after that, Mizari bursted.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 01-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness.

It seemed like he was intentionally waiting until he bursted, as he had escaped from the hive relatively quickly, yet never engaged them. The only xenos he attacked were the ones that attacked him first. He remained very, very passive, and even went as far as to start butchering the xenos he killed in order to claim trophies -- instead of attacking the hive and forcing them to kill him.

The xenos generally end up just ignoring him, and welp, what do you know? He bursts/
    I want to emphasize this, he was NOT BEING SPAM TACKLED, NOR TRAPPED IN A CORNER. He was freely roaming the colony, almost refusing to attack the xenos first -- and he bursted while standing, with no xenos spam tackling him.

This was the moment of his burst. There are literally only T1s in the vicinity, and he bursted while standing.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok going to get started, alright yup I had my mask knocked off and couldn't see anything at all, no lights or anything. Equipped lantern but got tackled before I could use the light. I dived around in panic trying to find a way out and roared a couple times trying to basically alert the other Predator I was nearby. Eventually I manage to cloak and get away still unable to see and eventually came across flares, roared again when I heard the other Predator fighting, alerting I was nearby. I came across the Predator getting tackle spammed by the rest of the hive and used my smart disc to try get them off and lure them onto me. Keep in mind I still had no mask at this point and had a flare only.

Eventually I get about 3-5 runners chasing after me, some slashing and I continously circle the area trying to evade them and fight them off. Eventually I did return to the ship and got a new mask and returned to the planet to try locate the Predators body and eventually come to multiple fights where I killed about 4-5 Xeno's, none had tried slashing or I maybe got slashed once or twice not sure, they were trying to tackle me pretty often. I then proceeded for clarification from another Predator in Mod chat if I could detonate my bracers where I was told I couldn't and to basically go out fighting which I tried to instigate a fight where I would be overwhelmed but it was just one xeno attacking at a time which was a bad tactic on the xeno's part. Also I ghosted as soon as I bursted, yes because I was dead and there was no need for me to be in my body any longer. I was not even the abomination also I want to point out nor was it my goal. My goal was to fight the xeno's and get killed in combat which I even stated in staff chat.

I'm going to point out that when the logs are posted you will clearly see that I am attacking Xeno's and fighting them and killed several of them trying to engage a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    Ok going to get started, alright yup I had my mask knocked off and couldn't see anything at all, no lights or anything. Equipped lantern but got tackled before I could use the light. I dived around in panic trying to find a way out and roared a couple times trying to basically alert the other Predator I was nearby. Eventually I manage to cloak and get away still unable to see and eventually came across flares, roared again when I heard the other Predator fighting, alerting I was nearby. I came across the Predator getting tackle spammed by the rest of the hive and used my smart disc to try get them off and lure them onto me. Keep in mind I still had no mask at this point and had a flare only.

Eventually I get about 3-5 runners chasing after me, some slashing and I continously circle the area trying to evade them and fight them off. Eventually I did return to the ship and got a new mask and returned to the planet to try locate the Predators body and eventually come to multiple fights where I killed about 4-5 Xeno's, none had tried slashing or I maybe got slashed once or twice not sure, they were trying to tackle me pretty often. I then proceeded for clarification from another Predator in Mod chat if I could detonate my bracers where I was told I couldn't and to basically go out fighting which I tried to instigate a fight where I would be overwhelmed but it was just one xeno attacking at a time which was a bad tactic on the xeno's part. Also I ghosted as soon as I bursted, yes because I was dead and there was no need for me to be in my body any longer. I was not even the abomination also I want to point out nor was it my goal. My goal was to fight the xeno's and get killed in combat which I even stated in staff chat.

I'm going to point out that when the logs are posted you will clearly see that I am attacking Xeno's and fighting them and killed several of them trying to engage a fight.
    All of those kills were 1v1s that you didn't start, it was the Xenos hunting YOU. You also started to butcher a Carrier while you were infected for some reason, and why would you think the Xenos would kill you when you're infected instead of calling for help in the radio? You escaped the hive before I died.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I roared to alert and I was under the impression all other preds were dead until I seen you getting attacked and heard the Plasma Cannon. You'll see from the logs which I can already see. The only person that tried killing me was avalanchee who I killed I believe. It was even stated in Moderator Chat to be more agressive so I did, I attacked the carrier, killed it, attacked a spitter in the same area and a runner trying to get them to fight back or die, most chose to try tackle and run away. I wont suicide by my own blade, I actively engaged xeno's and the logs will show that soon enough. The logs clearly show I attacked Xeno's right up until I burst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a lot of discussion about this. The conclusion that I, at least, came to is basically this, based on talks with witnesses and Mizari himself: What happened here clearly wasn't intentional. Mizari did fight back against the xenos that came after him almost constantly since he was infected, and while it's true he didn't charge head-first into the hive, we also have no rulings regarding what's expected of predators when they're infected.

Since it's clearly an issue, it will be discussed and clarified for future reference - especially since infected predators are a contested issue in general - but there actually are no clarifications on this in the Honor Code, and so I'm opposed to any sort of punishment or warning for this case. Mizari can't really be held at fault for not wanting to immediately kill himself by his own blade, and if it's absolutely expected that predators should go out of their way to get themselves killed no matter what, even charging headfirst into the hive, that needs to be absolutely stated in the Honor Code.

This case is different from the general expectations of predator behavior. I'm generally opposed to punishments or warnings dealt out for unwritten rules or expectations, and amendments will be made for future reference.
    Last edited by Sailor Dave; 01-12-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only attacked xenos who had went out of their way to attack you first. You even said it yourself, you were trying to instigate them, which was, in this case, sit around until they randomly decide to attack you -- and after they run away and escape, back to wandering aimlessly around the colony. The only reason you even bursted was because the xenos decided to just ignore you for the most part, and then when T1s engaged you, and you chased them, you bursted mid-fight. Practically 10 seconds into the fight.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I observed this part of the round and I saw two things of note happen:

1. The predator dragged a carrier down to the connector between the hospital and the corporate building and continued butchering it, saying something like "Just one trophy..." until being interrupted again by a runner, and giving it up to run at Viro where the xenos were hiving up for the FOB assault.

2. The predator did run at the hive at Viro multiple times to start attacking xenos, (the last of which actually caused the marines to begin a large push out of the FOB) but I think he wanted to hold back because he had killed a carriers and a couple of T1/T2s without gaining the opportunity to butcher any of them. The xenos barely managed to land a few hits on him while he was critting T1s left and right before the marines pushed out.