User Tag List

Thread: Runner auto exit vent network?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Runner auto exit vent network?

I was playng as runner, suddenly exit the vent and got killed, I dident touch-clicked anything, can marines force you exit the vent network?.
    Alsoo couldnt re enter vent I dont know why, there was 2 vent enters and simply say there wasent.

Im newbie, awsome game.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vent pipes were probably broken or dislocated so you get forced up if you continue moving in the "broken" direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    The vent pipes were probably broken or dislocated so you get forced up if you continue moving in the "broken" direction

all vent networks were OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what happend, when go to a vent exit already in vents, it auto exit when you reach the vent entrace-exit. that happend, its very unfriendly for new players

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjax View Post
    I know what happend, when go to a vent exit already in vents, it auto exit when you reach the vent entrace-exit. that happend, its very unfriendly for new players
    This works on every sever this way. No matter if you are a monkey, mouse, beno, or other pest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im new IN SS13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im new IN SS13
    Always check the log text when you're in vents to know if you're accidentally exiting, also if the pipe looks fine but you're suddenly stopping then that means the vent is cut off and you should move back immediately.

Also very important, explosions can destroy pipes and instantly pull you out of the vent. So let's say a marine throws a grenade on the floor and you're in a vent near the grenade, the explosion will not only destroy the vent bul also pull you out and leave you stunned on the floor for a few seconds, enough to get killed by marines.

Last but not least, moving trough vents produces a an ambient sound that humans can hear, as well as exiting the vent displays a message on the log that says something like "You hear something squeeze out of the vent", it's in italics and red colored so most marines will not miss it unless their log is clogged by too much shit happening around them. Be careful not to jump out vent when the marine is aiming at it with a shotgun.
    Last edited by SilentMountain; 01-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This works on every sever this way. No matter if you are a monkey, mouse, beno, or other pest.
    A lot of other servers have progress bars, but cm just has a text notification and sense unsecured pipes and normal pipes look so similar, you can get messed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im new IN SS13
    Hey if you are new to CM and like to play Xeno, I'd suggest playing Defender, it allows you to have a large margin of error while not taking T2 or T3 slots !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was probably because the vent pipe was taken which leaves a huge gap in the vent system. It automatically takes you out of the vent if you keep still. Otherwise, it's a bug that is unknown. I suggest you GitLab it if you feel it is a permanent issue.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635