User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the appropriate length in to a game to join?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the appropriate length in to a game to join?

I love playing CM but everytime I get the chance the round has already started. Let me tell you nothing is more frustrating than to see that the round has only been going on for 10 minutes. How long into a game is it appropriate to join?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The start of the round is most preferrable for the squad, but since rounds usually go for 45 minutes to potentially 4 hours and new marines are pretty much needed at any point of the game. Personally I don't find briefing to be all that interesting so missing the very start of a round isn't a loss for me, but I can understand wanting to experience something once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The closer to the beginning, the better. Be prepared to deal with a drought of attachments and kits, running across the map to catch-up with your squad, and nobody telling you what the hell you're supposed to be doing in a timely manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only two guaranteed sour spots imo, the first is around 22-25 minutes into the round, as there is not enough time to get fully kitted up before DS1 launches. After getting your gear, you're probably looking at another 10 minutes of just waiting on the ship with nothing to do other than annoy Almayer staff. The second sour spot is right before Xenos crash land on the Almayer, although this is difficult to predict. Same issue, though--Not enough time to get kitted up before the lights go out and nightmare mode begins for your naked and hungry ass. Then you become a volleyball for a pair of Elder Warriors on the basketball court.

Other than those two timeslots, any time is good to join, but your experience will be a lot different. Early game is for RP and making the coolest Operator ever. You'll drop and probably get to patrol around a fresh map before battle fronts are made.

Mid-game you can often take your time and still get good attachments from the Req. You'll drop at the height of frontline combat, but becareful when walking to the front. Try and find a battle buddy to walk with if the front is far from FOB.

Late game you'll probably drop with barebones equipment but you can scavenge plenty of equipment from the battlefield. Unless Marines are doing a final push, you'll probably drop into the final FOB defense followed by a frantic Evac then Almayer defense. Some of my favorite stuff if you can get to late game Almayer defense.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to join around 12:05 to 12:15. Mainly so I can see what roles are still needed and grab the one I like most. Past 13:00 most roles aside from unga are taken, though, so that’s my usual cut off for joining into a running round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally I would join at 1220, it's enough time to gear up and actually get to the dropship (pro tip: take off your armor) while skipping all the tedious horseshit that is briefing and roundstart req lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it depends on the job, for normal marine, anytime is good. You will always be needed.
    Medical roles, sorta the same if not more so.
    Shipside roles like MP and tech are a bit slow but I guess it is up to you on that one.

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joining near the beginning of a round is the best

There is an advantage to joining later, which is looting morgue and taking various goodies that would otherwise not be used. One time I latejoined and looted morgue and got
    HPR,MOU,M15, 2 HEDPS, full injector pouch, SL armor and helmet, JTAC key and laser designator.
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 minutes of the round max for marine roles. Otherwise take shipside roles or just go xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty1983 View Post
    I love playing CM but everytime I get the chance the round has already started. Let me tell you nothing is more frustrating than to see that the round has only been going on for 10 minutes. How long into a game is it appropriate to join?
    There is a discord that you can join and get the new round alert role, and a bot pings the role whenever a new round starts.
    beast