User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should squad stereotypes be reinforced through gameplay?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so, maybe i missed something, but WHY do you say the squad identities are dead? I started playing in...... October? October of 2019, and that is when i came to enjoy the squad dynamic that was in Bravo. When i play as a Bravo SL, i like to emphasize that we should play as a FOB and logistic squad, not some super ungas that dont follow orders and just run off. I try to get our unga Marines to be in our QRF and have them support the back lines.

This ties into a bigger thought about the need for cades when marines fight, as why would ANY modern military force engage in a combat in the open, WITH NO COVER, and expect to not be shredded? This is a major issue i had when half of my squad (Charlie, unfortuanley) would ignore my orders to stay behind the cades and fight, and just fed the meat grinder north of hydro bridge on LV; i had to go out, PUNCH my SG, drag em back, tell them they were ignoring my orders, have them say "What your problem fag?" and then run back across the bridge; a bunch of Charlie went with them too.

I "Might" be a bit salty about that round...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always grab at least one pair of zipcuffs as SL for this very thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >join bravo
    >Get fob gear
    >"Bravo head to the Frontline alpha is doing fob
    >"Alright why are they mutinying?"

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    Charlie does the chores and has the best cohesion throughout the game.
    Oh, my sides! Charile has a squad cohesion of a herd of cats on catnip. That "Charlie is robust and sophisticated" stereotype dates to some ancient dark times and currently there's little truth to it. That's sorta the reason why Charlie gets mostly menial work now - Alpha is too decent to be wasted on that.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    charlie is just straight up fucking retarded, legit half my ff deaths are from charlie and 80% of those are from some random fucking gay pvt with black short hair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    charlie is just straight up fucking retarded, legit half my ff deaths are from charlie and 80% of those are from some random fucking gay pvt with black short hair

Aw shit, [Squad that I'm in] is the FF team today! I'm going back to the Squad that had good composition today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much any squad can be a FF disaster zone depending on the day and luck, basically what Arty said. The Sseth or Greytide idiots probably don't even have a squad preference yet, so the squad they muck up changes every round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh stereotypes don't work. Bravo can be equally bad at FOB as for example Alpha, Delta can be very bald. And it was year+ since Charlie had breakfast pre-drop.
    Squads received their eh stereotypes during age of boomers, since it's age of zoomers it does not matter anymore. People come people go.
    Squads are more or less equal now, what gives some squads and edge are some good players, and since good players don't play engineers no more whole squad dynamic with bravo being fobbits falls apart.
    I think main problem here is that people don't listen to orders, play game as it's single-player or just regular online shooter.
    I believe that we should fight whole game-play meta with preassigned squad roles. Every squad should be able to do the job and follow orders. They should be interchangeable.

probably don't even have a squad preference yet,
    Hm, I don't use squad prefs. I like changes of pace from round to round. And I think they should be turned off globally for week or two to break cliques and give a fresh perspective on squads and their roles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, actual Stereotypes dont stick that well on squads lately, since there's so many marine players, there's not a lot of consistency on playstiles in a specific squad.

Some may be bald, other robust, in the end individual skill is what matters in this game (and a tad of teamwork)
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as obvious as before but squad stereotypes are still there. It goes with the gameplay you're looking for. Personally since I have little to zero free time to play I just go delta, unga and perform a major or die early, and works for me.