User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't CLs whitelist only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL is basically a staff assistant, the fact you’re always ignored is your most powerful advantage, go wild.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly your best bet before choosing to go CL is checking what staff are online. If there are no admins, or to be more specific, no admins who often run events. Don't even bother going CL. Expect to sit in your office write a few faxes then likely go AFK because your essentially as useless as an MT after they've repaired the engines and loaded the OB and a MP after marines have deployed and they have nobody brigged.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No 1,000 times no.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's needed is a Secret Antag role, randomly rolled at round start.

I know we took the syndies out eons ago but the rounds would be spiced up a bit from it.

Just make it as random like pred rounds and put it behind a whitelist.

Make it something lore related like CLF Sleeper Agents, give them access to fun toys, creative objectives, (Sabotage reactors, Assassinate the CO or CMP, steal Intel, ect) and let them loose.

We have everything to gain from this addition; It'll will make things more interesting and will impede the natural flow of the rounds and PVP as much as Preds currently do.......

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Make it something lore related like CLF Sleeper Agents, give them access to fun toys, creative objectives, (Sabotage reactors, Assassinate the CO or CMP, steal Intel, ect) and let them loose.
    At the moment, shooting somebody who has tried to murder you multiple times and is literally shooting at you right now can get you noted (and presumably banned) for responding to grief with grief. Having actual social infiltrators thrown into this sounds like fucking cancer - I don't want to have to toss a coin as to where the guy shooting me is a griefer who I will be banned for retaliating against, or a CLF Sleeper Agent that I will be taken out of the round by if I don't retaliate against.

The server rules would need a serious overhaul for anything remotely resembling a real antagonist on the marine side to be feasible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post
    At the moment, shooting somebody who has tried to murder you multiple times and is literally shooting at you right now can get you noted (and presumably banned) for responding to grief with grief. Having actual social infiltrators thrown into this sounds like fucking cancer - I don't want to have to toss a coin as to where the guy shooting me is a griefer who I will be banned for retaliating against, or a CLF Sleeper Agent that I will be taken out of the round by if I don't retaliate against.

The server rules would need a serious overhaul for anything remotely resembling a real antagonist on the marine side to be feasible.
    That's just kinda how it's always been in ss13 period.

If it's a griefer you'll just get Ahealed, but I would be in favor of having a code of rules for the Sleeper Agents.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelists are garbage. No
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    The CL doesn't have enough content for a whitelist. The options for a HRP CL are as follows:

Send the exact same faxes every single round
    Talk to research
    Make command sign things

If CL was a role with any definition then maybe, but tbh the fewer the whitelists the better. They may be necessary sometimes, but they just cause unnecessary drama, bloat, and decrease the amount of people who get to experience that part of the game.
    My point in the OP was exactly that. The role is empty and meaningless for the most part right now, but by putting it behind a whitelist it'd have the safety net for actually having access to potentially broken mechanics. Simply because the players who have access to it know not to be shits with it so you won't get griefers who fuck up the round. Or at least they can only fuck up a single round and then get their whitelist revoked and have to put in 40 hours on a new account before they can try again, which is a lot of effort just to grief.

I'm just severely disappointed in what the CL is right now compared to what it could possibly be. At least the Admins are trying a bit harder in adding events to the game lately to spruce up things a bit, but with a more powerful CL you'd always have a certain level of added spice in every round. More organic events instead of the ever same CBT deathmatch on the planet.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    What's needed is a Secret Antag role, randomly rolled at round start.

I know we took the syndies out eons ago but the rounds would be spiced up a bit from it.

Just make it as random like pred rounds and put it behind a whitelist.

We have everything to gain from this addition; It'll will make things more interesting and will impede the natural flow of the rounds and PVP as much as Preds currently do.......
    Also a good idea going in a similar direction as the CL whitelist.

Whitelisted antags would know not to just burst into delta prep with a flamethrower at round start (or at least would presumably have very good reason for that) and it'd liven the rounds up some more. There was a big "we have secret synths on board" event a few days ago, and man was that fun. We had riot MPs come in on a special shuttle, paranoia everywhere, SOs just trying to keep their heads down and doing their best to keep their squads from mutinying because they suspect the Xo was a synth (turns out it was the CO).... that was FUN. You don#t need something like that every round, just like pred, but having it more often without needing an Admin to have a good day and maybe a few drinks would be NEAT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    My point in the OP was exactly that. The role is empty and meaningless for the most part right now, but by putting it behind a whitelist it'd have the safety net for actually having access to potentially broken mechanics. Simply because the players who have access to it know not to be shits with it so you won't get griefers who fuck up the round. Or at least they can only fuck up a single round and then get their whitelist revoked and have to put in 40 hours on a new account before they can try again, which is a lot of effort just to grief.

I'm just severely disappointed in what the CL is right now compared to what it could possibly be. At least the Admins are trying a bit harder in adding events to the game lately to spruce up things a bit, but with a more powerful CL you'd always have a certain level of added spice in every round. More organic events instead of the ever same CBT deathmatch on the planet.
    I still think that whitelists generally are bad ideas. I think locking the ability to take some more "creative liberties" as a CL would be better locked behind something else - I've always thought an objective system like you see in traitors in base SS13 would be fun, but removing the malicious aspect. Something like -

Get the XO or CO to sign this paper (that you spawn with)
    Distribute X amount of ultrazine
    Evacuate or end the round with an alien egg in your escape pod.

--

If you make a whitelist that allows CLs to be more scummy, I think it would just result in CLs ALWAYS being scummy because that is way more fun, then there's no surprise when they try to fuck you over. Then you also get the added drama of another WL.