Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't CLs whitelist only?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The state of the player-bases mentality of "what is roleplay" is essentially listening to Low-RPers claim what the standards should be under the guise of Higher-RP all while they've been banned, job-locked and shelved as Low-RP players.

While Dreven is a role-player he's demonstrated numerous times that he a Low-RP player who will ignore lore, rules and other players roleplay at the expense of what he views as "Fun".
    Which is essentially using RP as a guise to do stupid shit because you think it's fun.

CM was "On-rails" with rules to follow for a solid 7years and was the number one server with constant growth maintaining Medium RP standards.

Your statement is just factually false.
    Oh hey, the man proudly playing as Tyrone DeBlack came out of the woodwork to share his two cents on medium roleplay. Starting off strong.

Anyhow, like I said, I am not going to argue with you about dreven and his specific take on roleplay.
    I'm promoting the idea of players having some degree of 'controlled' freedom when it comes to roleplay - which doesn't mean being able to do stupid shit, mark it as 'RP' and avoid all punishment.
    I disagree with things dreven does but at the same time, it's the ONLY source of RP that has some value and meaning, that makes the rounds memorable and sadly, the only type you can find in your average CM round unlike in 2018 when nearly every round and interaction was memorable.

That brings me to the next point, your CM on rails vision isn't the reason why everyone cherishes old CM - in fact, nobody really liked the rulings you guys pushed and I very vividly remember people getting mad over notes for 'bringing a spare powerpack' or other whack shit.
    The answer as to why old CM was better is always going to be the small, dedicated playerbase (mainly marine sided) that made the game such an unforgettable experience - not anything else.

EDIT; and yeah, im glad we can agree on the fact that CL whitelist is a silly idea. That's all I needed to hear from you, save me from your forum rants.
    Last edited by lanche; 03-11-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    The answer as to why old CM was better is always going to be the small, dedicated playerbase (mainly marine sided) that made the game such an unforgettable experience - not anything else. Seriously, go ask around

EDIT; and yeah, im glad we can agree on the fact that CL whitelist is a silly idea. That's all I needed to hear from you, save me from your forum rants.
    The great thing about my "Forum Rants" is they come from Management and Development direct point of view and compiled with legit, factual evidence or trends in CM's life-span.
    Whereas your statements are all personal opinions accompanied by no prior evidence or experience to back it up other than "bro go ask people".

So what's left to say other than cool story bro.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your CM staff experience ticket that consisted of powertripping, calling ethan's mum at 2am and eventually getting kicked off expired 4 years ago.

back it up with some actual 2021 CM experience from a player point of view and perhaps, maybe then your personal opinion accompanied with no prior experience to back it up other than ''half a decade ago I was staff'' will become relevant again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your CM staff experience ticket that consisted of powertripping, calling ethan's mum at 2am and eventually getting kicked off expired 4 years ago.

back it up with some actual 2021 CM experience from a player point of view and perhaps, maybe then your personal opinion accompanied with no prior experience to back it up other than ''half a decade ago I was staff'' will become relevant again
    Bless you
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like how feweh dodged that he played as tyrone deblack to try and further strengthen how he knows MRP best

funny bloke, must be welsh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    making CL a whitelist role just sounds like an excellent of preventing anyone from ever having a chance experiencing and experimenting with it. CLs never had to have big impacts every round they have the opportunity to be a slight influence and mess around with research.
    RIP research btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not play IO instead
    Techwebs moment
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here i stand, only senior exec ive seen, who also couped CO & CMO & beheaded CMO while kidnapping CMP for tampering with my plans & having couple of surv PMCs. CL is okay as is. Learm to game. Admins not responding to faxes? Powergame your office into company bunker with mini research.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once upon a time I played as an African CL and started sending faxes in accented Ugandan English. In one such particular round, the company warned me to start speaking in proper English or face dire consequences. I asked back which English since there are so many types of English, American English, Australian English, Canadian English, British English.

Prior to this I thanked the company for accepting me in the company under their diversity programme, which proves that the company was not racist.

After replying to the company with my sassy questions, the Company sent a team of Deathsquad to blow up my office and collect my body.

They breached into my room and starting lighting me up along with a poor survivor who had no clue whats happening. After I died, they dragged my body all the way to the deathsquad shuttle.

In Dchat, the badmin manager said 'WY is an Anglo-Japanese Company, and is therefore racist. Diversity is not welcomed'

10/10

This was when we had a staff team with a sense of humour.

Moral of the story: If you dont want CL to always self antag at least let us do something else hilariously fun. Nowadays, we are very restricted in what we can do, which includes faxes.

But then again this suggestion may backfire since we have a new set of players so I dont know if laxing such rules would work. So your hands are pretty tied.