Byond ID?
    SilentMountain

Marine Name
    Michael Bennett

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Dorian

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A marine guarding me gets pounced on and slashed by a lurker while I'm setting up power in the colony. I grab a melee weapon and hit the lurker to defend the marine's life againts a confirmed by USCM hostile organism.

Synthetic Character Story
    Dorian is the name given by the W-Y company to a line of administrative second generation synthetic models.The Dorian series was designed to assist junior executives and department directors in their day to day duties, helping them with every aspect of managment and the minutia that come with a middle-high position in the company.

While competent in mosts tasks as it's usual for a synth, the Dorian series lags behind in the practical skills some of the more manual-work oriented models posses, trading it instead for a more human-like approach to interpersonal relations and competitive thinking quick to recognize opportunity for break trough, both extremely important qualities for any managment position inside the company.

Given the "questionable" working conditions W-Y sometimes puts its employees trough, the Dorian series is equipped with some hand-to-hand combat capabilities for the purpose of guarding the safety of their assigned master, that being said the company was very careful not to trangress the firearms-synth directive in a model that will most likely be around high level authorities' eyes.

The Dorian is an all around excellent model for any new and upstart executive or head of department in need of all the quick thinking of a human assitant without the draw backs of loyalty or work ethics that often plague the company's work force.

---------Company Synth Timeline ends here------------------

---------Almayer Synth Starts Here-----------------------

Model Dorian #482XN was formally discontinued from company service after being returned to the factory due to a malfunction on its eyelids that caused them to stay open at all times. The original owner, a W-Y head of botanical research returned the android citing the drawbacks of having a malfunctioning android that could not look human enough giving out orders to low lever company scientists. While the fault was only aesthetic in nature and the model was repaired and refurbished, its original owner refused to take it back without further explanation. It was thus sent to USCM as part of the field testing lease program between the former and the W-Y corporation. Assigned to a disgraced and lowly regarded marine batallion, the "Falling Falcons" as they call themselves, "Failling Falcons" as they're known along the sector, to assist as the force's synthetic aboard the USS Almayer.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    428XN seems to highly enjoy filling out and redacting forms and faxes. Perhaps because of this he also seems to have an affinity for the Corporate Liaison.

While 482XN does not particularly feel any emotion towards his new assignment, he seems to project a demeaning and scoffing attitude towards the rank and file of the Falling Falcons , in stark contrast with the serviceable and supportive demeanor towards Command.

Perhaps accustomed to identify more with higher positions of hierarchy, perhaps an effort to still assist in company operations, perhaps a result of its programming trying to encourage discipline in the workforce. Whatever it may be, it is not earning it a good reputation among the already less-than-friendly men and women of the batallion.

To Command staff, the day when one of their subordinates will have had enough of the uptight box of bolts looking down at them might just be around the corner and they can already see the stacks of paperwork needing to be filled for a lend-leased company synthetic blown to pieces by a blast of pulse rifle.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Familiar enough to assemble a FOB on my own. Experience being a survivor main for a while.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Competent at SO level.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Competent at Squad Medic Level

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Competent at CT level.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    To put in some good RP on this role that I think is really missing from most Synths that just limit themselves to be MT++. Particularly survivor Synths.

I mostly want to be whitelisted to be a Synth survivor and RP with the CL/survivors.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Not that I recall.

Don't have any jobbans.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nope.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Become competent with CMO and CE. Those are the two most important roles for a synthetic.

"the Dorian series lags behind in the practical skills some of the more manual-work oriented models posses, trading it instead for a more human-like approach to interpersonal relations"

Why would you literally admit your synth lacks skills? Are you referring to the difference between a G1 and a G2 model?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why would you literally admit your synth lacks skills? Are you referring to the difference between a G1 and a G2 model?
    No it's more of a "lore of the character" thing. No real impact on my skills whatsoever. The character in question will be a G1 (since survivor) model but with a focus on RP instead of being another engineer that talks gramatically correct , hence the backstory that these models were made to be more assertive instead of manual laborerers.

I only want to play as survivor synth, not Almayer synth. I want to stress this a lot because it's important, I am absolutely NOT interested in being an Almayer synth. I want the whitelist purely so I can check "Be synth survivor [Yes]". Partly because I find being a colony synth much more engaging since how and where you build stuff matters as well as treating injured survivors is much more rewarding; and partly because Im not interested in covering for a missing/killed CMO or CE in the ship since I find those roles to be quite dull.
    Last edited by SilentMountain; 01-29-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not how it works. To be a synth you have to be ready to perform app support duties. Maybe you don't want to be qlmayer synth but nothing's stopping you for simply just trying it out in the future in case you're curious. Even if, colony synthetic should be able to perform surgery etc. as well.

For the future makes sure you demonstrate how your synth communicates.

Denied
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.