User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur Marine here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amateur Marine here

Hi! Its me, Henry. Im a more recent player, but Ive picked up Squad Medic and Ive been having a lot of fun with them. I have a few questions though...

- As my weapon, Ive been rocking an M44 Revolver with a Smarty Scope, underbarrel laser, and an RC, but Ive been checking out the Smartpistol (especially when Charlie or Delta steals all of the smarty scopes ).
    Is it better than the M44? I want a weapon that can...
    1. Scare off Benos. Scare them. If I shoot at a Beno my goal is to make them run off before they realize Ive been hitting them with peas so I can grab my patient and GTFO.
    2. Might be a bit contradictory to my other point, but I want to be able to disable Benos too. Warrior lunge, Runner pull and sanic off, Prae #6 grab and creep off, etc etc. If I can punish the Beno for commiting to the capture, then I can do my job! Of course if they dont and just slash...even better! I can just heal them, Im a Medic.
    3. High ammo capacity. I dont want to dedicate my webbing or pack slots to ammo when I NEED those meds when Charlies treat Alpha like their own personal firing range, or the benos are spit-happy. Yeah sure, revolver only packs six shots, but I can carry a bunch of ammo in the holster.

- Is it REALLY worth it to bica OD on purpose to heal ungas? From what Ive heard its 3-4 pills then you baby the marine for a while.
    I cant do that. I have a whole squad and then some to heal, but sometimes people ask for it and...

- Is Iron (or Iron/Sugar) REALLY that useful? Ive never gotten patients with 70 blood or below, and usually when that happens I just pass them an MRE or have them eat. Whats the advantage of taking more time to wait for Chem Hell over just giving them grilled chicken or crackers?

- Whats this "overhead throw" for nades? Ive heard rumors about it but I cant manage it with training nades. I just kinda dont wanna gib my whole cadeline when Delta unga wants to swap places with me to "suppressing fire" a beno.

- Spinning the cylinder of a revolver randomizes the ammo placement, right?

- As first responder unga, do I just ditch the autoinjectors and get a medkit pouch or something? From what I understand, my role as First Responder is to rollerbed and yackety-sax it outta there, jabbing them with meds to keep them stable before going back out for another.

- Any tips for getting into Squad Engie? Or Cargonia? People expect me to be perfect 100% of the time and when Im not they screech at me (sometimes literally) and I inevitably die from my shame and baldness.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only going to answer a few, but for 1. & 2. the only weapon that really works is a shotgun. A person with buckshot will stun T1s and using slugs disables Xeno abilities for a short amount time. The only issue is with 3. as shotgun ammo management can be a pain, but you'll have to sacrifice 3. if you want 1. and 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to run a scare weapon which is the M4A3 QF+LS which turns the pistol into a walking A-10 but since they removed the click delay, you can now fire the M4A3 pistol as fast as you click... beware this thing dry ammo fast, slap a red dot and laser sight on it and you’re good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, I dont want to merk my allies too (the reason i take a Smarty scope) while Mature Runner XX-404-X memes through our whole squad and has everyone FF everyone
    And Shotgun FF is even worse (

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun and M4A3 are the best medic weapons, you can even bring both if you sort your supplies currently (steal medkits)

If you wanna disable a xeno use shotguns with slugs or a revolver with heavy ammo. Just don't marines. And shake them when you do.

If you're really that low on ammo you can take an HPR but again, you should be able to grab enough with a proper loadout

Depends. IB shows up as brute damage that won't heal, until you OD. If it's 30 or so it's pretty easy to fix but higher numbers make it not worth it. Unless you're using it on yourself. And you should have 3 bica bottles anyway at the very least.

The advantage of iron is the speed compared to eating but it's the marine's job to bandage themselves. Don't feel obligated to bring it. Also, iron>iron/sugar

Overhead is activated by clicking ctrl r and I've never seen anyone use it so don't bother.

It basically works the same way as irl revolvers.

As a first responder unga your job is to heal yourself. Don't bother with other people, it's slow and you don't have enough supplies. If you wanna be helpful, find an oxy medkit (blue) and grab an inap injector to stab dying people on the frontline. And having a rollerbed is good as any role.

Well you can learn CT by asking them for stuff as a marine and seeing what happens. Engi is less frantic than medic so just play it and make sure to listen when people tell you how to do something. The wiki has all the construction stuff anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the only kits left are the oxys in Medbay and the normal one in the firing range (shh...noone ever takes that).
    I COULD dedicate a whole kit to slugs...but what about speed in reloading? Thats another reason I take revolver tbh, but Revolver has low ammo capacity...

Ah, that makes sense.

Right...so thats a no? Good, never liked waiting for my KD and TB anyways and always picked those up last.

Aw.

Makes sense.

But I want to play medic when I missed the medic roll or Im a latejoin D:

Right...might be a bit suspicious though? I dunno, kinda reminds me of tators in other SS13 servers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post

- Is it REALLY worth it to bica OD on purpose to heal ungas? From what Ive heard its 3-4 pills then you baby the marine for a while.
    I cant do that. I have a whole squad and then some to heal, but sometimes people ask for it and...

- Is Iron (or Iron/Sugar) REALLY that useful? Ive never gotten patients with 70 blood or below, and usually when that happens I just pass them an MRE or have them eat. Whats the advantage of taking more time to wait for Chem Hell over just giving them grilled chicken or crackers?

- Whats this "overhead throw" for nades? Ive heard rumors about it but I cant manage it with training nades. I just kinda dont wanna gib my whole cadeline when Delta unga wants to swap places with me to "suppressing fire" a beno.
    I can help you with at least these three.

- IB got reworked and now starts low and climbs up, 90% of IB you'll see will be fixed in seconds. Give them 3 bica 1 kelo and they're good to go.

- From what I noticed a lot of marines do not carry MREs with them so it can be helpful. Iron is more useful later in the round after a lot of fighting and patching up, lost blood adds up after a while.

- Absolutely useless unless you want to grief the marines. It's a 4 tile throw with a windup that goes over mobs and cades (it may have been changed, I haven't heard anything about it). Windup makes sure you won't be able to throw it on the front without getting severely wounded/dying/getting captured, 4 tile range makes sure you can't use it during fob defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it DID? Thats wonderful!

Right, thats fair...

So its a worse throw that might go over cades? Guess Im sticking to an UGL or just not bringing nades then...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me rephrase that, medkits only hold medical stuff (and MREs) not ammo. They're VERY easy to get though, oxygen lockers always have a medkit. The trick is to get tothough medbay early to grab an advanced one so that you don't have to spend points on kits (feel free to grab the ones in the storage room too, docs never use them anyway). Basically, if you want to save space all your medical supplies should be kept in the belt or in a kit. You can make an exception for a roller or a hypi though. I'll post my main loadout if you want to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would, thank you.

I carry a backpack instead of a satchel for the extra pill space and stuff, so thats why Im complaining about the efficiency and speed of reloading via backpack. I have to stow my shotgun, grab my bag, get the shells out, and reload. That takes a while. A bit too long for me...