Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Marine here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, try my medic loadout and see how you like it:

POUCHES: 2 medkit pouches filled with basic shit
    WEAPON: The good ol' shotty, good at making the runners scared shitless... at least most of em
    BELT: Lifesaver belt, filled with basic shit + epinephrine bottle and ImiAlky
    SATCHEL: Red Cross for da win, filled with 2 defibrillators, advanced medkit, hypospray filled with epinephrine, a suicide/offensive nade and buckshot.
    ARMOR: Medium filled with 3 buckshot
    BLACK/BROWN webbing: MEDEVAC stretcher, roller bed and 3 buckshot
    HELMET: filled with 2 protein bars

Now, to answer your questions:

1. Wanna scare off runners and lurkers? Take the shotgun, they will most of the time(if you don't encounter BOO in a 1v1, then you're kinda dead) run away in fear, load it with buckshot and you can easily 1 shot them if you get them at point blank, 10/10 weapon for medic.
    2. Yes, give them 2 pills of bica and one of quickclot, wait a bit, then give them the 3rd pill of bicardine to minimize the time of overdose. Better than evacuating them, which most ungas will refuse.
    3. Iron is useless, my opinion.
    4. Please don't throw nades if you're behind marines, it will bounce off their backs and end the assault or blast the whole cade line up. If you're sure you won't get moved by marines and you're on the front, in the cade area I mean, then yeah, throw it and make the xenos mad.
    5. I guess so, I never used the revolver... only once as survivor and I was learning how to actually use it.
    6. No, keep the autoinjectors, you can't open pill bottles and they're gonna keep the unga alive until you heal them.
    7. Squad engie... just read the wiki and a guide, I am sure there is one. Go on Bravo squad and build the FOB at first, then go MT and learn how to repair reactors and shit. Also, learn how to repair APCs and hack shit, very useful... Cargonia? Pfft, hope there is a RO or CTs that can help you, if there is none, tell command you're kinda bald and they will 100% help you. Don't be afraid! We all started somewhere and we got better and better. You will too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive PRAISED the wiki, I always have it on a other tab when Im something thats not Medic...but it just cant replace my extreme inexperience D:

And one time I told RO I was new.
    I got desk duty the whole day!

Everyones telling me to take the shotgun but I really, REALLY dont want to fumble around with shells and shit when with a pistol or something I can pop a mag in and go to town. Usually Im not fighting Lurkers, surprisingly, since they always just retreat behind walls (where I can proceed to Kelo the spat marine), but more commonly Warriors, Crushers, and Ravs who wont just fuck off after doing their thing (except hedgehog)

3 Bica one Kelo? Might be a bit expensive, but...my role is to keep people on the field, no? Thanks for the tip!

I dont mean pills in the kit, I mean trauma and burn kits. But now that I think about it, its probably useful to keep them around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALSO FOR THE RECORD, my loadout is...

POUCHES: Medical Pouch! Health analyzer, Kelo and Bica. Autoinjector pouch too! Oxy goes in there, Dexa+ too, 3 Epi 2 Inaprovaline. Im not high, just...I use Inaprov injectors to jab a dying marine and handle them later while Im fucking about with defibbables or the result of a flamer tank FF.
    WEAPON: Revolver! Holster on armor slot lest I commit crimes against God, Smarty Scope, RC, underlaser
    BELT: Lifesaver! Splints, basics, usually an extra tram, peri, and one of both kits.
    Back: Backpack! Defib, kit, maybe one or two more kits...otherwise pills!
    Armor: Light. MRE and Medevac stretcher.
    Black Webbing: Roller, Stasis, others...
    Helmet: Uno reverse-
    Kidding. When I feel like being serious rather than special, I stick a protein and a spare Inaprov injector in there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Cargonia? People expect me to be perfect 100% of the time and when Im not they screech at me (sometimes literally) and I inevitably die from my shame and baldness.
    FOB crates should consist of basic ammo and mats, mats meaning plasteel metal and sandbags. Don't send sandbags on Prison down or order them. I typically make a FOB crate with 150 metal, 60 plasteel, and 100 sandbags and shovels, along with shotgun, M41A ,M39 and L42 ammo boxes.

On low pop there is typically no ammo boxes except for a few, in the right vendor, so you have to make your own in prep, to make ammo boxes before filling them you need to use cardboard. Cardboard can be found by the hypersleep console south of the middle vendors, you can launch crates without CIC by using echo pad.

Marines will typically use abbreviations for attachments like

MH = Mag harness
    QFA = Quickfire Adapter
    BFA= Burstfire Adapter
    AG= Angeld Grip
    VG= Vertical Grip
    RDS/S5 = Red dot sight
    HPR kit = Forward Shield Kit
    MOU kit = MOU53 Field Test kit
    Smartpistol kit = Experimental Trooper Kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so thats whats stuffed in those...
    What goes in backpacks?
    Do we ever send kits or weapons down?
    One round RO gave the whole Bravo squad a box of HEDP.
    They left it by the cades and ungas retreating grabbed a bunch and blew the cadeline to hell.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backpacks are used for stuff that doesn't come in big boxes, such as flares, MREs, flashlights, and so on.
    A good RO will usually end up sending his extra JTAC kits down to the ground side, as well as the other weapon or item packs on request.

As someone who plays RO a lot, I send down my cargo techs to the FOB to help organize materials and drops, as well as coordinate supply requests with the squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if we dont get requests?

Do we just send the basic FOB stuff down every few minutes or can we add stuff in like, say, nades for ungas, or HPRs for everyone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't send nades down unless someone you can trust like a GL spec asks for them, otherwise some dumbass will grab the box of HEDP and just keep chucking it on the frontlines, usually blocking marines to push 98 percent of the time. If you don't get requests, send more basic stuff to the FOB that you get from ASRS, be sure to call up the lift at least every four - five minutes for the free stuff, and make sure papers are stamped with either the ROs stamp or the Denied stamp, any stamp counts to points according to devs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    Ive PRAISED the wiki, I always have it on a other tab when Im something thats not Medic...but it just cant replace my extreme inexperience D:

And one time I told RO I was new.
    I got desk duty the whole day!

Everyones telling me to take the shotgun but I really, REALLY dont want to fumble around with shells and shit when with a pistol or something I can pop a mag in and go to town. Usually Im not fighting Lurkers, surprisingly, since they always just retreat behind walls (where I can proceed to Kelo the spat marine), but more commonly Warriors, Crushers, and Ravs who wont just fuck off after doing their thing (except hedgehog)

3 Bica one Kelo? Might be a bit expensive, but...my role is to keep people on the field, no? Thanks for the tip!

I dont mean pills in the kit, I mean trauma and burn kits. But now that I think about it, its probably useful to keep them around.
    Having the wiki on another tab is useful when you're new. It, of course, cannot replace your inexperience, but it will help you until you master the role.

Some people just don't want to help others if they are not EXPLICITY told you need help with this and that. Tell him you wanna learn the ways of cargonia, and if he's not a jackass he will help you!

Try my loadout with the SATCHEL and you'll see it's easier to manage. Yes, you sacrifice a little bit of space but oh well, it's better in my opinion. Shotgun's the best weapon, trust me.

3 bica and one kelo.. and one quickclot, yes, it is expensive, but oh boy it's faster than medevaccing.... surgery... and then he comes back after what? 10 minutes? You can fix it in a matter of seconds with minimal consequences.

Your first responder role is to scan, see if they're bleeding, patch them up, give them the needed painkillers and be a normal unga. As far as I know, you can't deffib and it takes time to heal. You should keep those meds to yourself, like Don said. But if you want to me a mini-medic, sure, go for it!

Also, you won't need as much buckshot as a normal unga does. You need just enough to be able to reload 1-2 times if the runners are persistent. If you somehow run out of ammo, there's plenty of ammo boxes if cargonia has 1+ IQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, okay.
    Im...a tad reluctant to give up my backpack, just because it can hold so much stuff...but Ill give the satchel a go.
    I have some more questions...
    - Ive heard people that have sworn by buckshot, and others say that slugs should be used in a supporting role. Me, being the revolver wielding medic I am, have used neither, not even as an unga (M41A with masterkey doesnt count, Im pretty sure.). Which would you say is better for someone of my role?

- How do I flamethrower without people asking me if I was dropped on my head as a kid?

- Is masterkey even worth using? Wouldnt the stun of HEDP UGLs be better?

- Are FOB crates just shoved onto the Alamayer/Normandy and then onto the LZ, or are they fired down to Bravo via OB?