Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Marine here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    Ah, okay.
    Im...a tad reluctant to give up my backpack, just because it can hold so much stuff...but Ill give the satchel a go.
    I have some more questions...
    - Ive heard people that have sworn by buckshot, and others say that slugs should be used in a supporting role. Me, being the revolver wielding medic I am, have used neither, not even as an unga (M41A with masterkey doesnt count, Im pretty sure.). Which would you say is better for someone of my role?

- How do I flamethrower without people asking me if I was dropped on my head as a kid?

- Is masterkey even worth using? Wouldnt the stun of HEDP UGLs be better?

- Are FOB crates just shoved onto the Alamayer/Normandy and then onto the LZ, or are they fired down to Bravo via OB?
    - take buckshot, slugs require near perfect aim and FF from them is real bad, use buckshot like a melee weapon by firing it at point blank range.

- Don't take the flamethrower at first, take an extinguisher and start getting good at extinguishing people as fast as you can during combat, flaming is easy, dealing with the aftermath is tye hard part.

- It's very meh, it has a slow fire rate, only three shots and is only good as a surprise pb stun that doesn't deal as much damage as pure buckshot.

- Req has an orbital drop.
    Last edited by hatman52; 01-29-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Added buckshot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Oh, okay.
    Speaking of...stupid question, but...
    How do I PB? Extra damage and the stun I mean. Do I just click on beno with help or...

- What do I flame then? Im good at extinguishing, but what should I flame?
    Flanks? Everyone suddenly wants to go in that direction and I get called a tard.
    Weeds? SL runs onto it and dies.
    Benos? I burn 3 Xenos and a Ravager comes out of the blue and pulls the SL into the flames. I get screeched at even though I forced 3 Benos to retreat.

- Ah, okay.

- I know about THAT, but is Req drop faster than just putting the crate on the Almayer?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Oh, okay.
    Speaking of...stupid question, but...
    How do I PB? Extra damage and the stun I mean. Do I just click on beno with help or...

- What do I flame then? Im good at extinguishing, but what should I flame?
    Flanks? Everyone suddenly wants to go in that direction and I get called a tard.
    Weeds? SL runs onto it and dies.
    Benos? I burn 3 Xenos and a Ravager comes out of the blue and pulls the SL into the flames. I get screeched at even though I forced 3 Benos to retreat.

- Ah, okay.

- I know about THAT, but is Req drop faster than just putting the crate on the Almayer?
    PB - Be on harm intent (Red) - hotkey is 4 and then click your target when it's right next to you.

About flames, DO NOT flame during pushes. It's not worth it. Xenos heal up fast and you're only delaying the push.

Flanks, shortly, preferable alternative to CBT. It's all about tactical awareness and map knowledge. Don't get upset, join the group of marines and go flank.

Weeds, destroy the weedsacks. It will eventually clear the area of them.

Have a shotgun, always have a shotgun. Not having a shotgun with buckshot is pretty much crippling because it's the only weapon capable of scaring off xenos in a 1v1 scenario.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hatman already responded, and yeah, don't be scared to try new loadouts or roles! You gotta try everything, see the pros and cons and then decide on what to take. Don't think we are forcing you to take the shotgun, we are just recommending it. It is your choice on how to play, at the end of the day. I wish you luck and if you got any other questions, feel free to ask us.

I typed it like an hour ago and played the round, uhh, Avalanchee responded, uhh, yes, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how I know what CBT is.
    Sadly, Im not good with map layouts, so Ill just hope for SL to call everyone on him for an epic gamer 3 Benos down flank.

Thanks for the PB help! Does the stun change with every weapon or can I stun a Beno to death with a shitty M41A single round?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how I know what CBT is.
    Sadly, Im not good with map layouts, so Ill just hope for SL to call everyone on him for an epic gamer 3 Benos down flank.

Thanks for the PB help! Does the stun change with every weapon or can I stun a Beno to death with a shitty M41A single round?
    Stun only works with shotguns loaded with Slugs/Buckshot. M41 PB does slightly more damage but it's not recommended to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that makes sense.
    Im hearing talk about Slugs being useful as a tool for blowing open windows and doors and disabling Beno abilities (like Spitter spit)
    Is that a good enough reason to take them over Buckshot, or is it a preference thing?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that makes sense.
    Im hearing talk about Slugs being useful as a tool for blowing open windows and doors and disabling Beno abilities (like Spitter spit)
    Is that a good enough reason to take them over Buckshot, or is it a preference thing?
    Buck has more damage, more stopping power and breaches doors and walls more effectively. ONLY effective with PBs

Slug has range but it's a single projectile, it disables abilities and slows on impact but turns useless against T3 xenos.

Flechette doesn't stun, pierces armor and it's damage is meh. Only run flech with mou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so thats whats stuffed in those...
    What goes in backpacks?
    Quick protip: you can use the cardboard found in req to make magazine/shell boxes, and these hold a lot more than a backpack can for the same space in your hand / a crate
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, thanks for the quick tip Benbot. Cant reply in quotes Im on mobile-

So basically...
    - With BS, dont shoot until Elder Warrior XX-304 decides to lunge at an unga who got shoved out of the cades. Superior damage in close range, get PBs for optimal results
    - Dont use Slug except against T1 and T2 (Spitters and Warriors? )
    - Dont use Flechette.