Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amateur Marine here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    So basically...
    - With BS, dont shoot until Elder Warrior XX-304 decides to lunge at an unga who got shoved out of the cades. Superior damage in close range, get PBs for optimal results
    - Dont use Slug except against T1 and T2 (Spitters and Warriors? )
    - Dont use Flechette.
    Slugs lock abilities for any xeno, so they can be situationally useful against T3s or even queen if you're lucky about it. Flechette is pretty much only useful in the MOU, since it can't take buckshot
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, okay.

Is it really a life or death thing if I ignore all this to carry a Revolver? I know I asked for advice and that its annoying to give advice people dont listen to, but a few more rounds of CM had me falling in love with the M44 again. I felt like I did better with a Revolver and being able to reload and shoot on the spot without fumbling with my unique action hotkey or shells in a tense situation where Im usually focusing on dueling Mature Runner XX-404 while Im healing the 3 fibs that got FFed by the tonk again. I felt like if I had a shotgun in that scenario, Id fire once then get tackled down by whatever trying to load in my next shot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, okay.

Is it really a life or death thing if I ignore all this to carry a Revolver? I know I asked for advice and that its annoying to give advice people dont listen to, but a few more rounds of CM had me falling in love with the M44 again. I felt like I did better with a Revolver and being able to reload and shoot on the spot without fumbling with my unique action hotkey or shells in a tense situation where Im usually focusing on dueling Mature Runner XX-404 while Im healing the 3 fibs that got FFed by the tonk again. I felt like if I had a shotgun in that scenario, Id fire once then get tackled down by whatever trying to load in my next shot.
    Revolver is meh. Good as a sidearm thanks to the fact you can attach bayonet, so you have a ghetto crowbar and spare boot knife. Revolver sucks when shooting one-handed without laser scope and recoil compensators, so in default scenario, where you don't want to take attachements for a sidearm you might never use, it's rather bad. Handguns are usefull when your arm is cut off, so the pistols are the main deal here. This is why I choose Rail Light - Bayonet Revolver. In all of those rounds I had it, I successfully used it like once, when some bald sentinel vored me and then went on a great journey around Trijent, so I had time to slash him from inside few times and then give him bullet vaccination that caused lead poisoning.

While some bald runner might run away from M4A3 fire, slow firerate and poor accuracy (on already high dodge beno) of a revolver won't do the same effect. In theory 88 Mod 4 have only AP ammo, so it might be something usefull even when you still have your main weapon, just to shred some armor if you already know that you won't kill that armored beno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a main weapon because I dont have space for ammo without sacrifice med space
    Hence, I bring in the Revolver or Service Pistol or whatever the hell I decided to bring
    Usually its the Revolver because of the smarty scope

I usually get into situations where I only have one arm because that arm is used to drag that guy with 9 billion burn or to juggle pills while shooting.

I rock and roll with Smarty Scope, underlaser, and an RC on mine, since Im surrounded by ungas who do the job of utility and getting eaten by benos way better than I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ew my grammar. this is what i get for typing in a rush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really like the M44 but only when paired with its heavy ammo variant. At screen range, it's a relatively formidable weapon in that it'll temporarily stun T1s (and some T2s) in the same fashion a buckshot PB does (minus the damage), but when paired with the smart scope it's a very effective weapon to get a runner to not just zoom around in a crowd and to keep its distance for fear of being stunlocked and killed by any unga nearby. Bonus points for it being a one handed weapon so that you can perform medical care with one hand and shoot with the other.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a main weapon because I dont have space for ammo without sacrifice med space
    Hence, I bring in the Revolver or Service Pistol or whatever the hell I decided to bring
    Usually its the Revolver because of the smarty scope

I usually get into situations where I only have one arm because that arm is used to drag that guy with 9 billion burn or to juggle pills while shooting.

I rock and roll with Smarty Scope, underlaser, and an RC on mine, since Im surrounded by ungas who do the job of utility and getting eaten by benos way better than I can.
    If you would decide to abandon Smart Scope, then SMG with arm brace might be made especially for your build. Webbing with light armor gives you space for 5 mags, so that should be way more than you can bring revolver ammo. Just don't use gyro on it.

I would argue that having something that spams bullets is more important for medic than minimal frontline support of a Smart Scope revolver. It's not unusall for medic to stay on the back line, treating wounded, while some lurker or runner decides to run there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    If you would decide to abandon Smart Scope, then SMG with arm brace might be made especially for your build. Webbing with light armor gives you space for 5 mags, so that should be way more than you can bring revolver ammo. Just don't use gyro on it.

I would argue that having something that spams bullets is more important for medic than minimal frontline support of a Smart Scope revolver. It's not unusual for medic to stay on the back line, treating wounded, while some lurker or runner decides to run there.
    Well, Im an Alpha unga at heart, and always have been. Even if Im assigned to some other squad, usually I get dragged into frontline combat by the fact that my squad is THE de-facto scouting squad. Because of that, I prefer to have something that WONT down all my teammates on accident in the 2 by 2 spess vietnam hell that is ANY CAVE SYSTEM, and I prefer to have one hand free too, so that knocks the L42 out of the question.

I HAVE tried arm brace SMG once, but I just felt like I was doing so much worse than I would with a revolver. Atleast with a revolver I feel like Im hurting my enemies - SMG just feels like a bunch of garbage to me.