Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P0tat0 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    P0tat0

Player Name You Use Most?
    Anders Brightwood

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    I have not submitted any applications in the last year.
    I have not yet received any jobbans within the past year.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I have not received a ban within the previous month.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Execution (BE), in my opinion, is to be used both as a leash and as a last resort in order to keep marines from going into complete disarray. The only situations that would call for a BE is when there is a crewmember, a marine, or a civilian causing either irrepairable damage to the Almayer or is extremely hampering the ongoing planet/station-side operations. The BE mechanic is different from a regular execution because of the finality of the decision. Unlike a regular execution where the decision lies on a jury, a BE instead relies on the decision of the current Commanding Officer present in an operation as his decision will have an effect not only on the operation itself, but also the morale of the men and women part-taking in said operation.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Captain Anders Brightwood believes that a Commanding Officer should only be the guiding hand that points the crew to their objectives and to ensure that they accomplish their objectives quickly and efficiently. As such, he is content with allowing each and every crewmember to do their own thing if and only if it leads to the goal of achieving the objectives assigned to the crew of the ship and if it is acceptable under the Marine Code of Law and Marine Standard Operation Procedures.

However, there are some crewmembers that have varying beliefs and principles that lead them to be insubordinate to higher ranking personnel, especially the Commanding Officers. This is most prevalent within the standard Marine ranks but also pops up between the various support and command personnel.

In the case of insubordinate crewmembers, those of Gunnery Sergeant and below, Captain Brightwood would promptly order the Military Police to arrest and apply the appropriate charges, albeit he is willing to grant them a second chance provided that they show themselves to once more follow the ideals of the United States Colonial Marines and conduct themselves in a manner desired by USCM High Command.

In the case of insubordinate officers, those of Ensign rank and above, Captain Brightwood always gives them a stern warning and will not hesitate to dismiss and even arrest officers that actively hamper the USCM efforts in the Area of Operations. On the other hand, he is also willing to provide a second chance to all dismissed or brigged officers by assigning them.to assist in planetside operations.

In the case of dire situations, such as hostile boarding parties overwhelming the ship's crew or heavy ship damage, he will oftentimes call in the evacuation of his current ship under his command in order to save the lives of all those subordinate to him.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    It is the Commander's job to be the guiding hand that points all those subordinate to him to accomplish their objectives quickly, efficiently and safely, making sure to take into account o the lives of all or, regrettably, most of the crewmembers.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    From my experience playing under competent COs, I can safely say that the CO, by itself, is already a well-balanced role, that is until a major update arrives, changing the tactics, equipment, or rules that may drastically change how the each round is played.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I could contribute by being whitelisted by providing insight on player actions each round, and perhaps recommend actions that can spice up a game, or completely change how certain maps are played, depending on whatever I suggest. But most likely than not, by being whitelisted, I may only provide insight to marine and perhaps xeno actions by observing them from a marine perspective.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Anders Brightwood was born on August 16, 2164 at a hospital in Seattle, Washington at a family of doctors. He displayed a high aptitude in his academics during his childhood and teen years, most especially, biology. Intending to join his parents on their professions, he entered college studying for a Bachelor's degree in Medicine. He graduated among the top of his class at 2186, working for the hospital his parents used to work in. There was a certain trait of his that didn't go away even after his graduation from college, and that is the thirst for adventure. So after merely 6 months of working in the hospital, he accepted an offer from an old friend of his to join the USCM together, not only for the better pay but also to sate his thirst for adventure. He enlisted into the USCM as a combat medic at 23 years of age, and after 3 months of training, he was off to his first combat operation. With the multiple threats that the USCM is facing throughout various sectors, Anders Brightwood rose through the ranks either through sheer luck, or his skill.

Eventually, he reached the position of Commanding Officer after 4 years of hardship and struggles within the USCM, and along it, his first ship command duty. His first operation as a CO was on a jungle.planet named BT-432, where reported CLF forces have been causing havoc at the Weston-Yamada colony there. Captain Brightwood, taking his experience fighting the CLF in multiple environments, opted for a slow-and-steady approach, using fire support in conjunction with sweel and clear attacks, in order to minimize casualties and to ensure every last cave, tunnel and pillbox is clear. The Battle for BT-432, was a resounding success after months of brutal fighting. Miraculously, Marine deaths were only limited by the tens, whereas the CLF battalion there was overly decimated due to Captain Brightwood's approach at offensive operations, utilizing fire support as much as possible and ordering his troops to clear out whatever enemy structure there is. It was after this battle that he was assigned to the USS Almayer for his second command assignment, as the need for independent commanders grew, especially in the Tychon Rift Sector.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I thought your BE answer was fine, but for some reason it put me off a tad bit. Your quirk with the character seems alright, however somewhat stale; but average amongst majority of CO's. Lastly the story, I found it to not SHOW YOUR CHARACTER AT ALL. It was interesting at first to read, but had no dialogue, length, and action. It felt more like an obituary. All in all, the key factors to my decision is that: this app seems low effort, when you have all the time in the world to complete it. As well as, I don't recognise your name and recall never seeing you in-game, maybe it's different timezones or such. With all these points in mind; I'm giving you a -1 ,take these points into consideration for the future.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I have a question for you.

How often and when did you start playing XO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not often, as I typically get to play XO sporadically especially during high pop hours.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "the finality of the decision" Isn't the correct terms to use for BE's. Regular executions also do not rely on a Jury. It relies solely on what information the MP force and command has received regarding the situation. People are not drawn from the masses to make decisions, nor does CM have and IC "Jurors".

"not only for the better pay but also to sate his thirst for adventure." Lore-wise; the USMC is underfunded compared to PMC and freelancer units and the pay for freelancer/PMC units is better as well.

You failed to mention having to attend OCS in order to even qualify to be a comissioned member of the USCM, let alone CO. It is also barely possible for enlisted to become an officer, let alone getting promoted to an officer then climbing to CO within 4 years.

Even disregarding the technicalities, your story is very sub-standard and mundane. It's obvious not much work went into it. It is not presented in an interesting format, the storyline is extremely boring, you also fail to represent your character's quirk through it.

Both your application's answers and story is lacklustre, I don't see a reason why you should be Whitelisted.
    Put some thought into applications.
    Last edited by Novacti; 01-29-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions time !!!!

( Answer as if you were a CO )

You see a new PFC that needs help with his first few steps and you have Full CIC staff. What do you do / tell him ?

Your disobedient LT that causes problems all the time, was brigged for maximum time for assault and you only have the XO in the CIC with you. Would you think about pardonning him ?

It is Low pop and you barely have enough marines and engineers to be deployed. An MT was arrested and brigged for max time for Damage to government property for making a small bar in medbay without your authorization. What would you do in this situation ?
    Last edited by smov; 02-02-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really care about not having milsim bullshit in your story because there is no milsim in CM. My problem is that neither I nor anyone I've talked to has seen you in CIC (thought I've seen you play SL).

Play SO and XO and we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see you playing as executive officer or staff officer. -1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I believe that you can lead a single squad mate,since I have seen you do it with excellency. Now the question is, can you lead multiple squads and overall shipside crew ? Haven't seen you playing any command roles so I simply cannot vouch for you right now, since I don't have the confidence that you can pay attention and lead the Whole of the Almayer's crew. Play XO / SO and apply again in a near future, because I believe you can get this WL if you try a little bit harder.

That being said, I'll leave my -1

Feel free to PM one of the CO council members if you need help regarding future apps you post , or if you want tips on how to play command.
    Good luck !
    Last edited by smov; 02-06-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a decent SL lad but I don't really recall you in command much unfortunately. (If you do play quite often nothing spectacular that I can remember).

I don't comment here about the app itself so no words there but once I see ya in command more I wont hesitate to give you a +1 if you do your best and show me competence.

Until then friend, -1 from me. GOOD LUCK!!