JaioAcex - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    JaioAcex

Marine Name
    Jaio Gsulio

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Athein Bo'ytill

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Yes, (Improper Escalation.) (Griefing; Was an IC problem that evolved, after some explaining was lifted.)

Other Servers: No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Athein Bo'ytill was a peculiar Yautja, enjoying the persistent, and brightly colored red... Blood, trinkets, it didn’t matter to him. Anything that possessed the color red peaked his attention, and he loved it. His armor, he rarely cleaned. He took pride in the marking of his battles. Unless it had the color of war and ferocity, he felt it didn't deserve a spot upon his armor. Even then, the blood stayed, and was soon replaced by countless layers of his enemies. more.. and more.. His armor boasted multiple piercings by shortened spears, brandished a partially shattered helmet, a xenomorph skull, all splattered in blood. Now, for awhile, He had been blood thirsty, and considered himself impeccable, invulnerable. A Yautja that could kill anyone, and they should be delighted to sacrifice their blood to him!

One such action drove him to what he considers to be his most honorable duel, and it all started a few years back. Now Athein, he was a recently blooded Yautja, and he wanted to earn his way to the most formidable hunting grounds. So he set out and for many days and nights, the Yautja hadn't encountered anyone. The occasional flare on his thermal HUDs would catch his eye, but it'd be a small animal or other anomaly. About four days after his setting, he finally encountered a Pyode Amedha (Soft Meat, Human). Now, this human seemed lost, he wandered gazing around, as if he had never seen the forest before. And it didn't keep his attention for long either, its armor was cladded in a displeasing blue... He despised that color. It was clear the Pyode was a part of the force against the Kiande Amedha (Xenos/Hard Meat). At first the male seemed to be of no use to Athein, but this soon changed. His HUD flared with thermal activity as a keen bodied, red velvet Kiande started circling him, and this caught his attention. He perked up even while cloaked, relishing the thought of its skin draped over his armor, or on his floor, or on his wall… Its skin pigmentation flared perfectly in the twinkle of moonlight, and it started driving the Athein mad to engage, but he couldn't... Not that stupidly, or rashly... If he rushed and the Pyodes interfered, it could mean his demise.

So, he watched, as the human had arrived to what appeared to be a squadron of Pyodes, armed with long rifles, and an incinerator pack, spitting flame on the weeds of a small, struggling xenomorph nest. One of the Pyode's wore dark red armor, enticing, but not what he was after. This Kiande, he knew it was going to be his trophy. The loud chatter of the men, and the vibrant noises of the jungle masked the runners daring movements as Athein watched it sprint straight towards the group, diving right on top of the one that had initially caught his interest. Athein relished this view, watching the blood spew from the gaping hole in his chest, as it splattered the color of raw, pure red onto the others. He was tempted to roar... It sparked energy in him! He ached for more bloodshed. But he was able to subside the feeling and settled down to not relinquish a roar and reveal his presence.

The male went down as a clean slice to its chest was delivered, the other's snapped from their shock and raised their rifles, in which it sprinted behind a nearby human, as the bullets were fired, the human fell. Friendly Fire appeared to be the concept this Kiande was going for to win this outmatched, and underpowered fight. Athein was enjoying this more and more, but he winced at the thought of its precious crest being pierced by a bullet. But the Kiande proved skillful. The blood of the fight spilled into puddles, locking his gaze into an obsession, until he thought of the Kiande as his trophy again. His eyes adjusted, watching it’s movements intently. With another pounce, following with a slash to immobilize a secondary male, three Pyode's remained. The Kiandes rear right hip erupted with the phosphorus green blood that splattered the ground with an odious hiss, causing its balance to falter. The men moved to tower over it. The creature's razor tail came around, striking one in the chest with deadly precision, piercing it and rendering him dead. In a desperate attempt the others began spraying their magazines as it started to sprint with its startling reflexes. Its movement speed gained the Kiande an ally, distance and time. With this skill the Pyodes had missed their shots and finally emptied their magazines and began to reload, in which the Kiande returned to effortlessly dispatch them. The interaction had enticed Athein further, and he had almost got within the line of fire in his attempt to fully observe this. The Kiande began dragging a male off, accompanied with a sickening crunch as Athein watched the creature dig its teeth into the body. He decided to stay on its trail, and challenge it soon, he just had to learn a bit more.

Athein had followed this runner back to the main hive, which forced the Yautja to play the waiting game, in order to not compromise himself from an overwhelming force of Kiande. The Yautja retreated to a nearby tree, that was slowly being overcome with the thick, black weeds of the Kiande, and after a few minutes he had relaxed back against the tree with crossed arms, in the bloodied, and trophy clad armor, he dozed off. The break of dawn came, with the pinkish-red sunlight cresting the nearby hills, agitating his eyes and drawing him from his slumber. The Yautja was awakened to witness the weeds, that had slowly crept from the top of the tree and started molding around his legs, which enacted a swift response of his blades, slashing them away. It took a bit of effort, but the Yautja was able to remove a fair amount of the weeds upon his armor, but the purple resin that now soiled his years’ worth of blood and trophies angered him, the blood of his armor was now covered with the black weeds of this inferior race. THAT DAMN SERPENT HAD CAUSED THIS. He blamed it, and not himself. With a loud, echoing, and guttural roar he moved to find it.

After more feeble attempts at smearing off the foul purple resin, he spotted it, that DAMN serpent. His anger for his armor he placed onto that runner, digging his boot clad feet into the tree and launching himself off to trail it further away to experience no interruptions. After mere minutes, he got it alone, moving swiftly and as silently as he could he dropped afront the runner and roared with pure hatred. This halted the runner, and retrieved a guttural screech in return, and with his translator he challenged it. However, this runner... It was persistent to leave, and so Athein struck first. Athein lunged forward, and slammed his wrist blades into its hind leg, splattering his armour with the phosphorus green blood, and its audible hiss as it burned marks into his trophies. However, it quickly stopped, and the runner struck back. See, in his blind rage, he had been so involved in digging deeper into the runner’s body with his blades, he forgot it was still alive. The runner spun around, striking his helmet with its tail, and followed with a piercing bite to his forearm. Athein roared in pain, a regretting one. He struggled to calm himself, as he retaliated with a backhand slice to the runners head back head, causing another splatter of blood and screeching hiss. His rage made him oblivious... The runner whipped around its tail, piercing into his shoulder armor. His own blood was showing through the newfound hole in the suit of armor, and the gash in his arm.

Athein screeched a roar, one of agony and anger. He slammed his hand to the tail, and sliced it clean off midway. Then repeating with a pounce onto the serpent, immobilizing it, he began shredding into it with pure triumph. Multiple stabs into carefully center mass with a loud cracking sound, and visible flesh flying off through his way of disemboweling it. As seconds passed his anger subsided, and the runners main body was bowel-ridden, as he held up the skin of it. ROARING with victory, as he draped it like a cape and began walking away.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend to play Athein, as a bloodthirsty, blood-loving "maniac", obsessed with the color red, who is crazed with taking trophies of that color, be it from ravagers, runners, or Alpha Marines. Of course, I wont limit myself to purely red, anything else
    perhaps covered in blood or that genuinely peaks my interest can be just as worthy for me, but my primary focus being the former. (Complying with the honor code, of course.)

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An Honor Duel, is a fight between a Yautja, and a Xeno/Human they have deemed worthy of their time, and weaponry to duel. Which prohibts outside interaction, and healing items. While both attempt to prove themselves superior via Melee combat against each other.

A hunt, is when a predator is actively hunting the prey they deemed worthy, and are allowed to intiate the fight, as long as the prey isn't preoccupied. i.e; Frontline fighting, Tending wounded, and isn't actively wounded via external methods not including the Yautja. (Xeno dismemberment, heavy brute/burn damage, etc.) Any wounds sustained via the Yautja to the prey aren't counted.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend to be extremely focused during a hunt, and relaxed/bragging after one but very much likeable. Keeping him in a tamed, likeable character and not a complete asshat. I intend to throw in remarks of his trophies etc, but if not brought up to stray away from it.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    A multitude of reasons, they look extremely fun to play and experience. I've played alot of xeno/marine sided games, and the Yautja seem to make every game a bit more like a game of SS13. Random, and thrilling.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No
    Last edited by JaioAcex; 01-30-2020 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your gimmick is admirable, but your application is full of contradictions.

You're an obsessed maniac, but you're tame and likeable outside of a hunt.

Xenos are the ultimate prey of Yautja, but the Runner from your story is not only misattributed to spreading weeds (Yautja practically breed Xenos, its like someone thinking you get wool off cows), but called part of the "inferior race". You don't catch Trophy Hunters shit-talking lions.

You like red. This means you want to hunt it. This includes:
    The Squad that is renown for being full of new, less-experienced players.
    Injured marines, as that is how one gets covered in blood.
    Runners, a tier one and - as I lack exact numbers - might be contending with the drone for the least health and damage of the whole side.
    Ravagers, a critical tier three of the Xenomorph side.

With all that being said and ignoring the minor criticisms of the story, it'll have to be a -1 from me, Chief.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an obsessed maniac, but you're tame and likeable outside the hunt.

Aye, I agree I worded that wrong, I simply meant for it to stand as I wouldn't make him a complete asshat, and raging predator outside the hunt.

------‐

With the xenomorphs breeding, I thank you for that and if this is to fail, I'll do my best to address every topic you brought to my attention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an obsessed maniac, but you're tame and likeable outside the hunt.

Aye, I agree I worded that wrong, I simply meant for it to stand as I wouldn't make him a complete asshat, and raging predator outside the hunt.

------‐

With the xenomorphs breeding, I thank you for that and if this is to fail, I'll do my best to address every topic you brought to my attention.

Also, within the standing I addressed the blood soaked marines, as in healed marines who haven't been1 cleaned via Space Cleaner or another method, which is why i added with the Honor Code Restrictions for clarification.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    Runners, a tier one and - as I lack exact numbers - might be contending with the drone for the least health and damage of the whole side.
    Ravagers, a critical tier three of the Xenomorph side.
    Not really here to vote, but on Xeno side Ravs, Praes, and Runners (only at ancient and if they're good) are three of the maybe four or five xeno castes that can actually put up a half-decent fight against a Pred, and hunting T3s is perfectly acceptable. In fact, people might think you're a bit of a baby if you're never seen hunting them now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Not really here to vote, but on Xeno side Ravs, Praes, and Runners (only at ancient and if they're good) are three of the maybe four or five xeno castes that can actually put up a half-decent fight against a Pred, and hunting T3s is perfectly acceptable. In fact, people might think you're a bit of a baby if you're never seen hunting them now and then.
    My point being that aside from the Alphas, injured marines, and squishy Xenos, the only thing OP could hunt and maintain the gimmick would be Ravs. That's fine and dandy. However, it's limiting you to half the valid T3s which just seems boring, and that's ignoring the fact that you are liable to being torn apart a good portion of the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Ah! I thought it wouldn't make sense to stumble upon a T3, then after given the fact (after I forgot) that they bred the xenomorphs, it feels more intuitive to appear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    My point being that aside from the Alphas, injured marines, and squishy Xenos, the only thing OP could hunt and maintain the gimmick would be Ravs. That's fine and dandy. However, it's limiting you to half the valid T3s which just seems boring, and that's ignoring the fact that you are liable to being torn apart a good portion of the time.
    I'm not gonna be targetting Ravagers just because their red, I stated they'd be a target sure, and probably more ventured towards! But anything that proves worthy he would duel.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im split on this. The storys good, The quirk/gimmick is... questionable and i feel sets you up for bad rounds in advance. While i dont have the qualms Arty has (or at least to the extent they do) it does pose a questionable scenario of limiting yourself while hunting. Same reason as we tell people to avoid making you pred a "one trick pony" or saying that itll only use one weapon etc. While yes i know alpha isnt generally the most robust squad its not the literal bald dumping grounds it used to be what with random assignments for new players these days etc in general there are less "well known" players. Not a problem in of itself but i really feel if you were too focused on what one squads doing youre gonna leave yourself open to the actual danger squads like delta and bravo. Thats on you though.

Ill give you a dubious +1 But leave you with these last words. Dont take your quirk so far that it limits yours or anyone else gameplay and dont try to use it as an excuse to go ham on already injured marks and such. I dont want reports of preds going on murdering sprees because "my pred saw red and went on a blood rampage". Not a bad story by any means though and combined with your answers its worth a +

Edit: Grammar and spelling changes.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    Im split on this. The storys good, The quirk/gimmick is... questionable and i feel sets you up for bad rounds in advance. While i dont have the qualms Arty has (or at least to the extent they do) it does pose a questionable scenario of limiting yourself while hunting. Same reason as we tell people to avoid making you pred a "one trick pony" or saying that itll only use one weapon etc. While yes i know alpha isnt generally the most robust squad its not the literal bald dumping grounds it used to be what with random assignments for new players these days etc in general there are less "well known" players. Not a problem in of itself but i really feel if you were too focused on what one squads doing youre gonna leave yourself open to the actual danger squads like delta and bravo. Thats on you though.

Ill give you a dubious +1 But leave you with these last words. Dont take your quirk so far that it limits yours or anyone else gameplay and dont try to use it as an excuse to go ham on already injured marks and such. I dont want reports of preds going on murdering sprees because "my pred saw red and went on a blood rampage". Not a bad story by any means though and combined with your answers its worth a +

Edit: Grammar and spelling changes.
    Thanks for the info, and +1! I won't be playing red or blood as an excuse to rampage, i'll simply use it as an ability to follow some of them, and see if they are really capable for the the honor duel, and stated in the bio I reflected it to ensure you guys I won't break the honor code for a minor quirk!