3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yayyay007 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Yayyay007

Marine Name
    Koki 'Koi' Mamoru, Bart 'Braindead' Ubuldini, Hannibal Haverness, TT(TT3T) Xeno.

Other Whitelist Applications
    None (first application).

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Brian.

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    1. A lurker attacks me and a marine I'm busy treating.

Attack the lurker, disable it if I can; but if better, try and disengage the fight at any time, as it is not going to view death as a valuable outcome for one marine life. However, do not kill the lurker. I'm there for the marine, not the alien.

2. I'm cornered by a lurker, but I can escape.

Try my best to escape the lurker; I'm a synthetic, not a combat synthetic. However, if it does keep attacking, likely I will have to attack to disable, mostly just to retreat and get to somewhere else, somewhere safe.

3. Marines are attacking me/actively trying to kill me.

Try to negotiate first. If they are attacking me, there is likely a reason. Synthetics are not meant to kill or hurt humans, so preserving other player lives is still at the forefront of my responsibilites. If they persist, try and flee; or stun those who pose the closest threat, if it is not harmful or potentially harmful to their life (such as a nade being in the way, nearby xenos).

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...witOdl5Y/edit#

^^^ Mostly here to bypass the character limit. The document is well past 100 characters, I assure you.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Brian was designed to be a sympathetic, and always kind unit. Though his programming is flexible, he is designated to help people cope with loss, or stick around them while they are unable to do anything/are dying. The original Brian 1 models were intended for retirement homes, so with the Brian 2 series; they expanded out to military operations. With a catalog of new material added to them, and a catalog more of directives; Brian 4's were meant to be a way to help both civilian and military asset alike, but still with a keen focus on Company profit/acquisition.

Therefore, Brian will always like to be nice to others (as most synths are), but more than that, focus on those who lose an arm, an eye--or anything else that could be heartbreaking.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I like to play Engineering roles for the creativity of it. Squad Engineer makes me feel really at liberty to construct either a beast of a fortress--or a innovative design meant to captivate on certain strategies, or maybe even on how to best conserve materials for the frontlines.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I like to play more-so on a confident side. I tend to be rather strategically thinking now; and usually, I think of what is a negative, and what is a positive, rarely on patient thought. I like to go in with a strong measure, like if the Queen dies; I want a full push, or if the tank is killed or retreats; I want a full flank as Xeno/Queen.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I used to be very good at identifying on the go as a FOB Field Medic; before IB appearing as 0 brute was removed. I still do like to do it, I'm just a little worse for wear. Otherwise, I tend to try and conserve my items as much as possible, and I've been recently re-learning a lot, but I still have a huge knack for chemistry and the like.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know the pain of dealing with a single line of Requisitions while still juggling forward with orders and the like. I tend to keep a calm, level-headed mind while I play, and make sure to keep going despite any pressure that I feel.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I feel like I could bring a bit more fun to the table, use up a Synthetic slot in the hours it's unused--and more than that, I feel like I could contribute some to the MRP in CM13. I don't feel like RP is something that's enough here, but I won't let that interfere with the fun of the game either.

I also feel that I could do well with the whitelist, while also respecting boundaries and rules; and not breaking any precedents/respected boundaries of it.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have not been banned in the last month, or have any active jobbans, I'm sure of it. I do still have a bit of timelock, but I was around when timelock wasn't about.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I love critiques. Critiques with a basis of respect (or wise observation) are loved by me. I don't want to be given a spoonful of vanilla, but I don't want a critique to be as equal to an insult; the difference being that one helps me improve, while the other does not.

I know that I can be a bit of an odd person, and sometimes I say rash, or act rash--so I'm always trying to improve as both a person, and fellow player of CM13. I do always try to keep IC actions IC--and when I bring it OOC, I don't try to start fights, I promise that; but if I have a bit of rowdy feelings about me, I apologize.

Also! I realize my forum account appears young, I used to have one in the past--but I guess it got deleted. So I made this one roughly today, so I hope that's fine.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT!
    Been an hour, not bumping or anything--but I do believe the quirk should be more obvious; as someone pointed out in reviewing the story. Although I don't seem able to edit it directly (just wonky?) I'm planning to make the quirk more visible by making Brian more patronizing; treating people as if they WERE at a retirement home all the time, as to make them have a better and much more visible quirk to themselves. Hope this is okay!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you competent as a doctor or maintenance technician?

You're asked to go planetside and the captain hands you a shotgun; how do you proceed?

You're currently treating a marine with IB as a surgeon when the XO shows up and demands that you immediately stop and fix his broken leg. How do you proceed?

A squad medic asks for your lifesaver belt. How do you proceed?
    Synthetic Senator

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for the questions.

1. Are you competent as a doctor or maintenance technician?

I know how to DO MT, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it OOCly; yet I know how to fully rebuild a place incase it was detonated by say, a chem grenade. Doctor-wise, I completely enjoy the role, and find macro/micro fulfilling. Both to chemical combinations and etc., aswell as experimenting with cryogenic mixes are highly entertaining.

2. You're asked to go planetside and the captain hands you a shotgun; how do you proceed?

"Commander, my programming must inform you that I am incapable of handling firearms; unless you wish this delivered."

3. You're currently treating a marine with IB as a surgeon when the XO shows up and demands that you immediately stop and fix his broken leg. How do you proceed?

Well, given chain of command, IB can get treated rather quickly ingame. Whether that just be giving them a solution of QuickClot, or precise Bicaridine OD; but if they wanted it treated, it goes between two points. Chain of command, and potentiality for human death/injury. If the human is far from dying (blood still high), treat the XO expediently and continue. If the human is about to die, continue operation and explain yourself.

4. A squad medic asks for your lifesaver belt. How do you proceed?

Gonna have to give it over if they desperately need it. A synth can always head back up shipside and get another one; while a synth also shouldn't be on the frontlines while a squad medic likely should be.

Also, hi Mortimer, I known you from the past before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for how long this has taken me to get to. Your application is fine, the quirk, story, and answers are alright. The only that you are ALLOWED on the front lines, you just can't fight, and you aren't required to give the medic the lifesaver belt, but you can if you want. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    I apologize for how long this has taken me to get to. Your application is fine, the quirk, story, and answers are alright. The only that you are ALLOWED on the front lines, you just can't fight, and you aren't required to give the medic the lifesaver belt, but you can if you want. +1
    Hey, cool thanks; also, the time is no bother for me.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you critted a xeno while defending a revivable marine, would you finish it off?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna mirror what Bra- I mean, Superjo said.

Story is quite good, not going to lie.
    The quirk is nice I bet you'll be spending more time doing medical related duties.

I cant vouch on experience regarding RP or roles, but hey, you can make a fine addition to the synthetic gang

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    If you critted a xeno while defending a revivable marine, would you finish it off?
    Nope. No reason to; as it's no longer a threat, and likely will die on it's own. Besides, the marine could die at any moment, so wasting time trying to finish off the xeno would go against programming.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "two marines drinking from queer flasks" First time we have a homophobic synth. Quite good story and quirk works, not much to say.

One comment, make sure you know Squad Medic well without fumbling before playing synthetic, as that is going to be 70% of your duty. Rest is fine.

Best of lucks +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem