User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staff Report - Sargash#6941, Melody#6969, RobertoBrown/Roberto'Taco'Moreno#4118

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staff Report - Sargash#6941, Melody#6969, RobertoBrown/Roberto'Taco'Moreno#4118

Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    NoahKirchner
    Date of Incident
    February 1, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Discord key is NoahKirchner#3008
    Their BYOND Key
    Sargash#6941, Melody#6969, RobertoBrown/Roberto'Taco'Moreno#4118
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:39
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.
    Description of the incident
    Salam, I wanna preface this with I dont want to make a dramapost because that is retarded, but I am proud of my 5 minute shitpost and enforcement here seemed entirely pointless.

During the round that took place before this happened, there was a marine named Bernie Warren who was apparently being a shitter all round. He managed to get himself up for execution, and through some series of events that I did not see got himself executed. This is where I started taking pictures to post after the round because I was dead.

(Image will be down below)

I take this image and post it into the CM discord because I think it was funny, none of it seemed particularly NSFW. I thought that to be especially true given that this marine had an EVENT based around him and was talking and had that same name/action text going on until he bursted. His statements and actions in captivity were the direct catalyst for an MP-centric HRP event on the Almayer, so it seemed to be pretty obvious that somebody was watching the situation.

I posted the picture into general, and it was apparently 18+, which is thoroughly ridiculous and I have many arguments to support that claim which I will put into evidence.
    Evidence
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...400&height=225 <-- version which removes the offending "c" word.

I genuinely do not know how anything in here can be construed as falling under the NSFW/18+ rule, as terminology like this is used constantly ingame and on the server. It doesn't take much of a search to see the term "faceraped" or "raped" being used in reference to being impregnated by a hugger. That is the entire point of the imagery of the hugger, it is sexual horror - his description of what happened to him was accurate and the colloquial description for being hugged ICly. If the issue is the context of what was happening to him, then facehuggers are NSFW and should obviously be banned.

If the issue is with the word rape existing, the 2,000+ instances of it being used on the discord by community members of all calibres certainly did not make that clear.

If the issue is with the word cock, then apparently any reference to genitalia is a no no, which is very clearly not being enforced ingame or on the discord (and is frankly ridiculous)

Nothing in my post or any actions portrayed by the people in the post were meant to encourage any kind of sexual response, no more than the term "face-rape" in reference to facehuggers is. I do not understand why I was warned for something so mundane, I am struggling to construct arguments here because there isn't anything to argue.
    How you would punish the accused
    A punishment seems harsh for this in my opinion, I just don't want a discord warning for posting something that did not break the rules in any capacity.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the record i deleted the pictures because Rob pinged discord staff bout it but upon further thought I don't really see the images as a breach of the rules
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything alone isn't really an issue. I ruled this as a case of mostly because of the excessiveness of it, and paired with the fact that you were refusing to follow a staff's ruling/arguing about it for a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    Anything alone isn't really an issue. I ruled this as a case of mostly because of the excessiveness of it, and paired with the fact that you were refusing to follow a staff's ruling/arguing about it for a time.
    This doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

If I would've posted all of these alone individually, then none of them would have been warned? I don't see how any of these parts taken as part of the group grant context to any other of the statements that breach the 18+ rule. It's just accurate descriptions of what happens in the aliens universe and the word cock - if all of these statements are alone individually and in context, then how does putting them together change their meaning so drastically?

--

Also I realize I forgot to post the dyno image in evidence and I cannot edit this post so here

https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/...03580242542592

--

As far as the refusing the staff ruling thing, I first want to mention that before I even posted those images I was having conversations in other discords, and I did delete posts that acutecircle missed before I got the discord warning, even if a bit delayed - but robbrown4pm is not discord staff. Unless I am mistaken he had to ask discord staff to take a look at it because he specifically is not responsible for the enforcement of rules on discord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    Ok im fucking retarded and copied the message that contains the image instead of the link to the actual image.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...=400&height=50

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You posted a picture to which contained multiple instances of a person claiming rape, while hsving that person exclaiming that the other party had their c*** out, ready to seemingly rape them.

I asked you to delete it for this reason as I considered it 18+ sexually related material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    You posted a picture to which contained multiple instances of a person claiming rape, while hsving that person exclaiming that the other party had their c*** out, ready to seemingly rape them.

I asked you to delete it for this reason as I considered it 18+ sexually related material.
    The "He is cock out" is seperate than what was happening. The pictures in the post show that the marine was impregnated by a xenomorph, he was accusing other people of "rape", which is exactly what the facehugger did to him in layman's terms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, CMP of that round. I didn't arrest Bernie Warren for trying to kill Julien Mao - the CMO of that round - for not giving him drugs, but I was a witness to his behavior.

Bernie Warren's flavor text - y'know, the general description that usually has a description of your character - was quote: "He is cock out."

Those black lines under him are the muzzle I put on because of their vile language. How Kirchner's picture was caught and not Bernie's in-game behavior is beyond me. The only reasons I didn't personally report them for their behavior, dialogue, or actions is because the current Captain had us on a good roleplay hook that couldn't have happened if they were ghosted and I had to cryo him.

I guess my point is that with all due respect: It's ridiculous to imagine that a player would get disciplined for taking pictures of something that at least eight people already saw, happening over the course of a half hour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I might be painting a target on my back now but whatever.

I posted a different version of my own version with the BAD word and it didn't get removed at all, Noah posted his own version and mentioned me shortly after I posted my own version with his which got removed. I find it VERY VERY VERY strange that mine didn't get removed when it had the same word, at least twice.

Love, Swagbag.

proof:
    Last edited by Swagbag; 02-05-2020 at 01:11 AM. Reason: adding proof, two typos in mind and I'm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, while it didn't contain the words rape and what not, it did contain a background of a graphic image, possible sensitive and political topics such as war crimes and war criminals, and it was seemingly ignored.

edit: added full image

Last edited by Swagbag; 02-05-2020 at 02:51 AM. Reason: added full image