Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinkle's Dozen: The USS Almayer declares Independence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinkle's Dozen: The USS Almayer declares Independence

Hello.

Had two rounds today that inspired some canon for my character Tom Dinkle because well I thought it was fun and unique. I'll summarize it briefly.

EPISODE 1 THE CRIMSON MENACE:
    The USS Almayer has been sent to the CORSAT research station to investigate why it has not returned hails. As the marines were mustered and deployed, they found a xenomorph hive has grown and broken loose! But something more sinister was happening aboard the Almayer; Captain William Crimson, for unknown reasons, has abducted and experimented on his own men within the confines of research containment. For what end we don't know, but numerous marines have been subjected to medical experimentation, including being purposely infected with xenomorphs. The Captain gave strict order for all medical and CIC personnel to hide any evidence of his wrongdoings. However, several minutes later, a doctor broke the news and started warning the entire Almayer of what was going on. He was swiftly arrested and made to disappear. XO Quint Hawkings and LT Tom Dinkle began preparations to blow the lid to the marines and cause a mutiny to depose William. By using his megamind IQ, Dinkle warned all squads via Overwatch messages of what was happening.

The marines quickly rushed back, only to be greeted by flashbangs and tear gas. A fight broke out and in the end, High Command sent Riot MPs to arrest the Captain, but not before he blew the brains out of XO Quint. This left Dinkle acting commander of the USS Almayer. His first order was a swift execution of Captain Crimson. As he was being put against the wall, the Riot MPs received new orders to evacuate the Captain off the USS Almayer. Dinkle really hated this and went on a 30 minute rant about how unfair and unjust it was, only to be cut short when ARES alerted him of a hostile boarding party. Dinkle ordered all personnel to repel the boarders. When the fight broke out, the enemy appeared to be a USCM Black Ops unit sent to dispose of all witnesses to the Captain's horrific crimes. There was fighting yadda yadda lots of people died in the end the Almayer won. Looking at all the death and destruction, Dinkle declared the Almayer an independent vessel and established a new faction called the Dinkle's Dozen.

EPISODE 2 ATTACK OF THE USCM
    Being recently declared independent, Dinkle declared himself Captain of the USS Almayer. With the Almayer deserting the USCM, it required major reform in how it is managed and maintained. How will the ship resupply on weapons, ammo, food, medical supplies and other miscellenous but ultimately necessary equipment? This was a long-term problem that had to be solved, and quickly. The one asset Captain Dinkle had was the undying loyalty and high morale residual from the previous victory against a country that betrayed them; but it would not last forever. Who would willingly live on a failing, stateless vessel for long? The Captain had to think, The United Americas was not without enemies, and the Company could also be negotiated with given the right terms. The first problem that needed solving was money:

'Money can be exchanged for goods and services.' Dinkle thought outloud as if that would help him think better.

'I will have a crew if they were paid, simple as that. But, what can a ship full of veteran and highly skilled xenomorph exterminators do for money?'.

He pondered, and then suddenly... an idea. "I could.... ask people if they want to pay us to dispose of xenomorphs!".

So it was done. Dinkle's Dozen accepted numerous contracts for hive extermination. With every job done, more and more men and women joined from all walks of life. The USS Almayer gained fame and reputation for their highly dangerous, but much appreciated work. While the Dozen had the framework of a mercenary company, they were moreso pest control of the most reviled hated species in the galaxy. The massive income flow coupled with the respect and adoration of the locals solved nearly all the problems the Almayer was plagued with during its initial independence. Manpower was easily replenished due to lucrative contracts and positive reputation of both military and civilian variety. Colony Space Ports allowed the Almayer to dock for repairs and Dinkle negotiated numerous supply deals with both CLF gun smugglers, local colony businesses, and shady backdoor Weston-Yamada channels sold new synthetic units loyal to the Dozen. Even the UPP were clients of the Almayer, as they have limited military presence and a lack of experience dealing with xenomorphs.

But with every success the Almayer experienced, the USCM suffers twice the defeat. The utter shame of one of their vessels going independent and their deserters actually being hailed heroes and carrying respect of colonists cannot be suffered for a government like the United Americas. They have something planned for Dinkle's Dozen, and it will be swift and violent......

That's all I can write for now. I think it's a fresh new take on CM for me and I'd love to roleplay this out more in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I was an SO brutally executed for spreading the horrors the CO was committing to the squads over OW panels during part 1 I love this write up.

Just edit Dutch's Dozen to be renamed Dinkle's Dozen and have it be future ERTs or more events. That round was one of my all time favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorta related - sorta not.

I've been toying with this idea in my mind on how I could get a desertion/defection by the ENTIRE Almayer from the USCM. Could probably do it, but I'd need the stars to align per se.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh man I cant wait for the next episode.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont just rename dutch's dozens, you could do so much better, like the dinkle patrol, or the almayer rebels

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now roleplay as Dinkle's Dozen ingame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    dont just rename dutch's dozens, you could do so much better, like the dinkle patrol, or the almayer rebels
    Good point it was made in like 5 seconds before the round restaryed I didnt put much time into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    How about 'The Dirty Dinkles'?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinkle's Dinksters

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the RO for part 1 and runner/ lurker part 2

Part1; Dam meme RMPs forgot chain of command when we had an RO and CMP and made dinkle CO
    Two rando marine murdered XO because griefers ( why DS was sent so players had something to do while figuring that out I Guess)
    Three it was a god dam death squad. Took a Ltb tow tank to stop it.
    Four dinkle became aCO anyway because everyone else died to DS
    Five fatty good xenos bad(3:30 marine win)

Part two
    Queen ordered the most defendable chock on LV blocked with resin walls because big brain
    Look above for how aliens got curb stomped (1:30)

Fun fact if you played the next round on BR marines got defeated for once. Bar holdout got encircled and marines had 55 vs 27 aliens when we went up( was crusher)( 1:45~)