Date of Incident
    February 3, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Queen

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1am~

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 6/ Metagaming

Description of the incident:
    To put it simple it seems marines rushed with all four squads.

So the round round starts and when marines land about 12:25~ at LZ2 we prepare to hold out and let larva come out aliens age so on and so forth. Fighting was at filtration and it seems Charlie went through ETA to push towards our hive in the south east forcing about 12:31 devoi as I was getting shot at.

Next bravo pushes in from the north, then alpha then delta. Basically all squads started to push in.

We held off the push or it was admin MOOC for marines to cool it hard to say but, command should know better then to send all four squads at once into the caves.

Tried to get the XO/CO name but ethier the mod couldn’t or forgot about it or during all the fighting I didn’t notice a response or something. Byond name couldn’t get.

Was told to make a report about the metarush.

Would recommend looking at announcements and such if they ordered all four in. Currently only know I saw a lot of purple, yellow, red, and even blue marines.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    N/a

How you would punish the accused:
    Note+ whatever escalation based on history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs in the next 24 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

CO briefing orders:

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO briefing orders:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bravo orders:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Squad orders during the fight:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO orders while groundside:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by CryoDrake; 02-10-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh it felt like a blur after the grape ambush at like 12:31 or so, whenever I was forced to deovi. If you cant get that first time getting shot since I deovied right then. Thought all the squads was hitting much earlier, like 12:35. That or was the timer messed up? ahhhh. I know after I pushed back charlie I was going to re-ovi but timer was still on cooldown then we got attacked again so I had to deal with that but then we were totally pushed out of the southeast. Only other thing is I believe I posted some maps as queen to help the xenos see where they were at and all so might give some ideas of positions too along with timing of those positions. Lastly I was tired when it was all happening, last game of the night, with Charlie just bumrushing through eta and just popping up out of nowhere when they arrived at the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was (am) Amos Calendar, and was playing Executive Officer this round.

It seems the logs pulled omit a lot of critical contextual information.

My initial plans for the round were:

Alpha & Delta scout around the borders (moving opposite of one another) of the colony before collapsing inward and linking with Bravo at Administration or Lambda Entrance. Charlie was to be instructed to follow the IO's and assist in gathering intel and figuring out what went wrong on the colony.

Pretty standard stuff I'd assume, except I gave Bravo orders to deploy as early as possible (to establish an LZ2 FOB, they were also split into two fireteams, one to move forward to administration and do some RP silly stuff, and the others to remain as the FOBBITS), to be briefed on the dropship at 12:20 with a 12:22 launch (or 23, I can't recall, but it was ASAP). I think it was some 5-10 minutes into the round when the Captain spawned in, went to the CIC, and asked me for my orders, and then said I would be holding briefing. Problem is, while megaphone shouting at the neatly assembled Bravo squad on DS2 around 12:20, the Captain (whom I don't recall the name or ckey of) rallied the lads in briefing and gave orders there. Those orders, whatever they were, were never communicated to me, and I have no idea what he said to the other squads, as while returning to briefing to give the rest of my orders, I was pushed by the cascade of ungas down the halls towards the DS. I returned to the CIC, the Captain said I was late (even though I said I was holding briefing for Bravo at 12:20 and the rest of the squads immediately after), and then relegated me to sitting in the command box as they deployed immediately on the 2nd or 3rd drop, ceasing general communications for the rest of the round besides the occasional order to other squads.

So, like an enterprising XO, I told an SO to grab me some ciggies, booted up Minecraft and cut some trees down in windowed mode (Given how the CO had completely broken their promise on letting me perform briefing, I was un-incentivized to continue heavy order management lest I be undercut again.) while keeping tabs on squad comms. Charlie immediately holo-bungaed through filtration (or atmos? I'm not sure, the first time I checked the tac-map they were already balls deep screaming “What are our orders” and “The hive is here!”, attempting to clarify in squad comms yielded no returns from the SL before their ultimate demise. After realizing what Charlie was doing I attempted to rally the lads to their location, but only Bravo really followed through going to Lambda, only to have brought one C4 (And since all the engineers were at the FOB, Lambda entrance was never breached.) As the other squads trickled in, Bravo moved to assist as a group and managed to reinforce the stragglers creating a small hard point of troops that only held for 10-20 before routing after the SL died, ultimately failing to hold the filtration choke and then the FOB. Fun fact, the Normandy PO left against orders nearly stranding everyone on the planet.

Literally only Bravo followed the orders I gave, because they're the only people I actually gave orders to. The pincer plan mentioned in the logs never happened, because again, the other squads trickled into the combat zone. Briefly people clumped up in the caves around, I want to say 12:50 or 13:00, but the position was untenable since Charlie was literally all KIA against orders (I think only 5 wound up surviving as late drops and late joins?)

You need to pull logs on the Captain around ~12:20 and probably just later in the round, they were calling the shots groundside for the most part while I fussed over Bravo.

Pigeon my apologies the Xeno early game was ruined for you, as a hivelord main I know how cock&balltorture it can be to get rushed right out the gate. If it's any solace Marines got their shit handed to them in the end.

To be clear, I never gave Charlie, or anyone else explicit orders to enter the caves on their own.
    Last edited by Triiodine; 02-09-2020 at 11:37 PM.

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I was CO that round, first game or second game CO since I had returned, like a week ago from today. By the time I had made my way to the front line, the marines had already been fighting over filtration cave entrance. I simply joined the assault there and tried to direct the men directly and organize some pushing. (Which took me a little bit because I was trying to remember the map layout.)

There was no metarush ordered, it was just how the marines ended up pushing. Also, I'm pretty sure I just relayed what your orders were for the other squads, but I can't quite remember. I try my best to avoid any metarushing but a lot of times marines tend to just push on their own regardless of orders they get, unless their SL is especially good at wrangling ungas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything that convinces me of a metarush - on the part of the CO and XO. It looks like marines did run into xenos early, but it doesn't look like Command's (conflicting) orders had anything to do with that. So while this shouldn't have happened, I can't really hold Triiodine or LordBanshee accountable for it.

Resolved; no action taken.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.