User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xeno winrate needs to improve back to 70-30 so that...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just had an experience with the non-lethal boiler gas.

Its such a poor design choice.

Who thought added a near hugger length stun to be added in to the game would be fun?

At least old huggers needed you to be NEXT to them.

But yeah, I dont mind a higher winrate IF xenos are actually fun to fight against.

Being sniped off screen and being put to sleep for 60 isnt terribly fun and has very little counterplay.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 02-06-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boilers use the neurogas because the lethal gas is considered ass, smaller area and does jack dmg(or did anyway). Also neurogas can give caps which is nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst is the neuro gas randomly full stuns you for 4 seconds based on a RNG chance and if you get hit by this you have no counter play and get dragged off to hive.

Lost an entire spec round this way; hit a Boiler directly with a rocket yet they survived, but they fired right as I fired, and the boiler blob they hit me with stunned me due to a RNG chance, which made me sleep for 60 + seconds and get dragged to hive.

Completely bullshit mechanic and fuck anyone who thinks its fair and balanced or fun to play against.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    The worst is the neuro gas randomly full stuns you for 4 seconds based on a RNG chance and if you get hit by this you have no counter play and get dragged off to hive.

Lost an entire spec round this way; hit a Boiler directly with a rocket yet they survived, but they fired right as I fired, and the boiler blob they hit me with stunned me due to a RNG chance, which made me sleep for 60 + seconds and get dragged to hive.

Completely bullshit mechanic and fuck anyone who thinks its fair and balanced or fun to play against.
    its fun that you dont see the irony. Dude who shoots 1 shot off screen instagibbing people complains about not instagibbing person that then stuns him and gets him killed and calls it bullshit and unfair. epic

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    its fun that you dont see the irony. Dude who shoots 1 shot off screen instagibbing people complains about not instagibbing person that then stuns him and gets him killed and calls it bullshit and unfair. epic
    I mean, Boilers are supposed to be super squishy backline support that needs to be protected. For them to be able to survive direct rockets that need to get within like half of the boiler's range unmolested is pretty counter to their role as squishy backline support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the game can MECHANICALLY force you to be at FOB and still I would unga to the front. Fuck FOB duty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    I mean, Boilers are supposed to be super squishy backline support that needs to be protected. For them to be able to survive direct rockets that need to get within like half of the boiler's range unmolested is pretty counter to their role as squishy backline support.
    This.

Having to risk getting close to a boiler in a 2x2 hallway where they can spray acid spam you and still be unable to kill them as a SADAR spec, 1 of 4 specs, while they can essentially perma kill you with a cloud of smoke that stuns you 60 + seconds as 1 of several T3's that can be replaced, is ridiculous, but I guess you have no critical thinking skills able to realise this point.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    This.

Having to risk getting close to a boiler in a 2x2 hallway where they can spray acid spam you and still be unable to kill them as a SADAR spec, 1 of 4 specs, while they can essentially perma kill you with a cloud of smoke that stuns you 60 + seconds as 1 of several T3's that can be replaced, is ridiculous, but I guess you have no critical thinking skills able to realise this point.
    OOF. You cant even see the irony when its pointed out. Neither of your replies matter in the fucking least. its still irony. But have fun thinking I have no critical thinking skills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos usually tend to lose the most from 2am-3pm from what I’ve seen, outside of that marines usually lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Do you want to actually make a point or do you just want to complain about not enjoying being an engineer, but you still do it?
    Here, since you don't seem to be able to draw any lessons from my little anecdotes without some assistance, I will spell it out for you.

As a semi-competent engineer, you can pretty much take the following for granted:
    - Neither your squad mates nor the FOB squad will protect your cadelines
    - Neither your squad mates nor the FOB squad you as you are building/repairing the cadelines
    - Neither your fellow squad engineers nor the FOB squad engis will be even remotely competent and you will have to do almost everything yourself
    - Neither your fellow squad nor the FOB squad will follow any orders more sophisticated than "walk towards hive"
    - Neither your fellow marines nor command will be even remotely aware of/concerned about anything other than what is happening in the CBT zone that they like to think is a "push"
    - Nobody will react to flanks in time to prevent an evac/groundside wipe, even if you spend half of your round autism forting up said flanks
    - By the time the screech and neuro gas gang are finished with the rest of the marine force, they will be in no shape to defend your cadelines from a capture bloated hive

And your answer to this conundrum is...buff xenos?

Good thinking, brother.