User Tag List

Thread: Tristan63 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tristan63 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Tristan63
    Character Name?
    Benjamin Werry
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    N/A
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Bastion of Hestia, Fallout, TGMC.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I've been banned on Bay and Urist before, and Citadel once.
    Reason for Ban
    https://i.gyazo.com/6b007baa8cafe922...74edf94b52.png

Original:

" Banned |Duration: 10080 minutes|Reason: As the RO, comitted a crime and was being purseued, instead of hiding or turning himself in, he chose to steal the players ID and weld him inside of a locker, disguising himself as the MP, while wearing his ID. Permaban pending due to previous notes. | Thu, July 13th of 2017 "
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I have appealed before, and in my previous appeal I tried to explain away what I did as somewhat reasonable or necessary for the time, however no amount of explaining can justify my actions then. I was a RO and thus responsible for the oversight of all supply drops and mission critical item delivery, a very important job indeed. Amid this I ordered a weapons crate, thinking I could send it down and have spare weapons for Marines that might lose theirs. Keep in mind, this was just a regular weapon crate and not a blackmarket one or the likes. I ordered it and stated such over radio, to the dismay of MPs whom assumed it was the contraband crate. Long story short, MP comes in and tries to tase me so I ran, instead of using my command channel to reason or do anything else I simply ran, and hid, then resisted by using a cattleprod to attack MPs chasing me. Would a RO do this, should an RO do this? No, ROs are more professional than a CT, and have no place being harmful to the crew. I should not have taken the MPs gear or ID as such items are a very rare commodity, and cannot be simply replaced especially if missing the thing that gets them to you in the first place. Of my mistakes I regret all of them, being a pain for everyone involved and not accomplishing much as a result, not to mention garnering the ire of staff members. I have been around SS13 for quite a long time, and I have been a CM player for a large majority of it. I miss the times when I could saddle up with the brothers and have a fun game with very little in the way of complication, one of the few servers where tactics and strategy could get you far instead of just brutish methods. I have since my ban, also been playing SS13 and among my favorite servers, BOH, I have had a blast RPing as a Marine and having high/medium RP makes for great stories and makes everyone involved feel great, and simple actions carry more weight. I would like to see what CM is like and how I could improve other peoples experiences through it all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In March last year, your ban was accidentally lifted due to a ban.txt issue.
    During the month you were unbanned, you received several notes.

I have no issues with lifting a 2 year old ban about an RO.
    What worries me is why despite getting a second chance almost 12 months ago (abeit unintentionally)
    You still broke the rules.

What has changed since march last year, and why should you get another chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since last year I have played more HRP servers, and thus have developed more of a respect for rules. Doing the sort of thing I did last year on say, bay or cit wont fly at all and made me more self conscious about the rules in place. Back then I was just getting back into combat, or MRP and had thought there was a large gap in the behavioral expectations therein. I think I should get another chance because my time in HRP has given me more of an understanding of the importance of rules, and how it can make or break a situation if not followed (both ic and ooc rules). I've taken this and if allowed another chance I could be a good person to fill support roles and trend to the higher RP of things instead of being a break neck unga bunga marine tribesman many others would expect. Another chance would let me see what the server has become, clearly its worth more than I treated it back then because it has been around and has consistently maintained a high pop where others (such as lebensraum and a few fallout servers) have failed.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide a vouch from other servers you play on?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The admin team has discussed this, and we have been fairly balanced in support and opposition.
    We received a vouch from Hestia although we agreed for the most part it wasn’t a particularly reliable one, based on lack of playtime details only.

The problem is, your ban was lifted by an error and you managed to get into fairly serious trouble yet again.
    I have thought about this a great deal. After the discussions with the admin team we will be lifting this ban, however you will be on a three month probation for 18+ content and grief. Any incidents of either will result in the reinstatement of your permanent ban. Any other rule breaks will receive escalated punishments.

This is your last chance. Mess it up and you will find it nigh impossible to return. I hope that’s clear.

Resolved, accepted. Contact myself or X31stOverlord if you are unable to connect after 24 hours.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001