User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State of the Whitelist

Predators running around like they are jokesters, wearing trophies like hunters IRL (they are human hunters its different).

Synths running around with laser designators taking over JTAC and charging xenos with fireaxe (this is a wtf right here).

Captains acting incredibly LRP not taking the role seriously and acting serious all the time (this is not a role for fun and games dude)

What is the solution? I think the best solution is to have staff members who don't even play once a month (to remove bias) decide what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. What do you think, CM community?
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 02-06-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    solution: h

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, are you advocating for people to not act like the server isn't LRP?

Or is this a joke post?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New RP focused server. Removal of Grieffing shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is good RP even enforced? It seems like bad RP is okay as long as you're not killing people left or right for no reason, the server has been LRP meme city for awhile now. Almost no one really even pretends to act like a real navy or military, because why bother when everyone else is munching crayons or acting like buffoons? Might as well realize the server is LRP and try to enjoy whatever you can, in whatever form.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait is this a shitpost?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for that; I 'do' RP as being in the Marines when i am a Squad Leader, or spec, or MP, or whatever; its not that hard. As for staff not playing, i "have" seen some start playing quietly, as PFCs mostly, in quite a few rounds lately, as the holidays are now past.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The server is in my image, MRP. There is a balance between people who prefer LRP and just killing xenos with friends with the occassional memes. And there are the HRPers who like to make a backstory for their characters and reflect it during the round and the battles whilst RPing as military personal in the USCM.

The issue arises when whitelisted roles who have powers, notably COs tip the scale of if the round is going to lean LRP/memes, or HRP with standards and laws strictly enforced. It ends up 50/50 depending on who the CO is. I see no issue with this, a nice balance gives each side what they want on the occasion so neither side is oppressed.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    The server is in my image, MRP. There is a balance between people who prefer LRP and just killing xenos with friends with the occassional memes. And there are the HRPers who like to make a backstory for their characters and reflect it during the round and the battles whilst RPing as military personal in the USCM.

The issue arises when whitelisted roles who have powers, notably COs tip the scale of if the round is going to lean LRP/memes, or HRP with standards and laws strictly enforced. It ends up 50/50 depending on who the CO is. I see no issue with this, a nice balance gives each side what they want on the occasion so neither side is oppressed.
    I completely agree with you on the balance, Snooper, the ability to go between a Meme-y round and a more serious one is part of the appeal. I still RP as a Marine, but sometime i go for a MEME marine in those cases, or a more serious marine in other case, but i still RP as a "Marine", not just a guy with a gun with Marine Stickers on his stuff.

P.S. I love the rounds when you are the CO or my SL, just a blast to play those rounds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had synths lose their WL and recently for combatting

Synth WL is still being strickly enforced from what I see