User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing the whitelist for Captain would be positively god awful. You think it's bad now, but I guarantee you it would be worse without it. Are there problems? Certainly, but removing the whitelist is not only a drastic move, it's counter-intuitive. The story section might be a sham, but there is a reason we vote our candidates in at all.

On the synthetic side, this can be solved mechanically. Simply remove or gimp their ability to deal damage. Make it so that they cannot strike without being struck first.

Predators are trickier because they're an active antagonistic force. Since I don't pay much attention to them I can only advocate that they also be fixed mechanically, with some kind of meta-hunting system where they mark individuals who can either accept or deny hunting status, locking them into a duel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Every CO discussion goes the same way:

You guys do realize that the more staff has to deal with something, the less fun it becomes, right? If CO was TRULY MRP, you would have to ACTUALLY play a normal person. No more WW2 Japanese Generals, no more indian/tribal shaman warleaders (Windhealer is already at odds with staff more than other COs, any rise in standard would simply force him out 100%). So you're left with Lauffer, Carson and a bunch of cookie cutter COs you'll barely ever talk to.

There's the argument that removing the whitelist would make CO LRP (as if it wasn't already). But CO wasn't whitelisted for roleplay reasons. It was to stop baldies from playing their first game as CO (and apparently this was a better solution than timelocks).

And on another note: WLs and mods. Moderators already handle Marine Law shit (which is cancer), they could very easily deal with BEs. Synths, you literally just check logs to see who they fireaxe'd and what they said. Preds, well...remove preds. As it stands, the fact that you have to write a dumb story to get a role doesn't really contribute anything to the server. And it DOES make devs less willing to dev for these roles. Remove WLs 2020.
    And how's that the bad thing? Just remove BE then, cut some skills off and sure remove WL. As long as BE is here it's a bad idea to remove time-locks. Also notice how some captains get followed more? That's because they either grinded hours and had a free pass to roll CO ( due to white-list) to get known. I would like to see how you try some "new" strat if you're random nobody. In fact you can make experiment and have a RNG name every round as CO too see how far you go without any "rep".
    Also I would like to point out that playing 100 hours of XO can make you burnout (because hello same round every round LV,BR CBT), feeding whole memery cycle yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Somebody who spent 100 Hours as Command, or 20-30 as every support roles would risk way more than some famous fucko who copypasted generic story, changed names to fit CM "lore" and his character and got 100000000 "+", because he is active shitposter on Furscord.

Long Timelocks solve greytiders, Ssethtiders and whatever.

And there exist objectively wrong LZ's and it's not in quotation marks, because fucking ICE LZ2 is and always was a death sentence. Just that one thing of putting this certain word in quotation means, you are the problem you try to fight, but can't quite grasp where it is.
    I Got WL before I installed gaycord... Sure I'm not ideal, but at least I acknowledge that.
    As for LZ that's literally your opinion. If marines are competent any LZ FOB or lack of it can lead to victory. Also ICE LZ2 got changed quite a bit and it's ideal for TC's believe me or not. People like Creesman or Hind absolutely decimate xenos on LZ2 ICE with tank (Hind uses plow for that and still scores tons of kills)

PS: Oh yeah with recent xeno evolve buffs LZ2 on ice is shit. So yep.
    Last edited by FelixG; 02-12-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators aren’t even part of Alien’s lore smh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be real, if you play enough to unlock XO you should be able to play CO. The literal difference is BE authority and medal authority. Staff make hard decisions all the time regarding marine law and other shitlery, we should be able to say "Yeah man you earned that BE, or Hey CO you violated the BE rule."

Don't get me started on Predator, I already called certain devs out on their lies and bullshit in discord, and I could go on a long winded boomer tangent about it.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Don't get me started on Predator, I already called certain devs out on their lies and bullshit in discord, and I could go on a long winded boomer tangent about it.
    I want to know those juicy lies and the truth they were hiding, no names attached, of course.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predator whitelist is a fucking joke and it always was.

It wasn't as bad, let's say a year ago but the bar dropped significantly over time as most, if not all the competent people, who actually cared dropped out or left.

Now every retard who can write a fanfic using B1 english or afford a gender surgery has pretty much a 100% of getting in.

No wonder most tunnel visioned muh rp pred players bitch and moan about a single individual killing them round after round after round.

Other whitelists shouldn't even exist as they're basically an already existing role but with few minor benefits

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I want to know those juicy lies and the truth they were hiding, no names attached, of course.
    Here's the problem with predator. You will have devs who outright refuse to touch the code or devs who say they will do something for pred, and it gets put on the back burner.

The only developer who ever tried to tackle predator was MattAtlas, and he made it his soul purpose to properly balance the game. Now as of late you have Vicacrov who is making some changes, and that's good.

The problem is as a whole our developer team is split on predator, so half the devs dont want to touch the code, or the other half want to remove predator. Also every time we have a developer who is interested in fixing it, they end up having to deal with other priorities. Everytime we have a developer who wants to do something, we end up giving them a wishlist and it just gets forgotten about.

It's the same old song and dance. End this wretched experiment.

ngl: I almost broke out my old Java and C++ text books from over 20 years ago to relearn how to code to become a coder who would dedicate himself to predator, but unfortunately I'm just rusty.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id be fine with removing XO and making CO not whitelisted and see how that plays out.

Also a note: its very hard to create a serious RP atmosphere with how lethal your environment is and how expendable we all are. Thats why we all RP as retards FYI.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 02-12-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Remove the fuckin councils and let Bancrose work soley as whitelist maintainer WITH ADVICE from the ENTIRE WHITELIST, no more tiny little clique senates. Either readd VOTED IN COUNCILS to the COMMUNITIES VOTE. Or remove them entirely and let Bancrose take full control.

Im sorry but Whitelists councils were good when we could pick who was on them, once Emerald started unilaterally choosing because she didnt like the results of the votes it became a flawed and quite honestly useless thing. This new senate thing is no different sorry bancrose chief its true. Its just council memes all over again.

Either let the community choose their representatives again.
    Or fuckin remove the entire thing.
    yeah +1
    Magdalene Meinhof el marino
    FF-XXX-V1 el xenomorpho
    Zin'Keh el predatorro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixG View Post
    snip
    I already said BEs aren't an issue, they can easily be resolved during the round instead of two week long player report CBT.

Swagile literally randomnames as CO every time he wants to try a new strat and people mostly listen. Although it generally goes poorly but that's the nature of strats in CM.

And lastly, the notion that having too many people playing CO so that you can't become known to have people listen to you is pretty selfish and also wrong because a) you'd already have spent a decent amount of time playing XO and would've been noticed and b) marines only listen if they like the order.

Any non idiot CO player could go randomname right now and get basically the same feedback they usually get, just with less metabuddying.