User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I have to say surrounding the removal of whitelists is that they actually make any form of lock against it sane and reasonable. If you were forced into 300 hours of XO to unlock CO then that would be a terrible grind seeing as there is only one XO per round (cyros not included). Good luck competing with 100+ people for XO, it's already bad with limited roles being a competition and some people will be insanely unlucky and forced to be bottom bitch even if they could play CO far better than the majority of the playerbase. I'd say we should keep the whitelists but change what they whitelist is. At the moment it's a bunch of autistic screeds that say you "can" RP properly only to go onto a server that is LRP most days of the week.

So I propose that is becomes something of an exam based around the role's mechanics, its role and the rules surrounding it. The second part of the application should just be based on behaviour, after all I don't think we need someone who's a massive wanker playing as a role like pred just because it might be a powertrip too far. Or a CO who's opening statement will most likely be "Hewwo mawines, tuday we will land on LWee and save the peepol. Bweifing at 12:20 UwU."

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I already said BEs aren't an issue, they can easily be resolved during the round instead of two week long player report CBT.
    Enjoy hell and fury with the amount of people who may take issue to that stance in the form of staff reports. The system is better when you actually have to make a report because it will be investigated closely rather than having people standing around answering Ahelps and holding up a round. It will fuck with the round flow. I'd rather have rulings done and put ON the books so I can look back and see how consistent a ruling is, doing it in game will just lead to a bunch of unwritten rules and hidden rulings returning again. In short there will actually be less complaints in the long run and less work imo.

And sometimes you will get shafted but you take it in your stride only for an admin to intervene in a trigger happy fashion and attempt to unfuck the situation. Only to ruin the experience of the situation and fuck things up a little more with people not quite understanding what happened surrounding a certain issue.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 02-15-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allowing anyone who wants to CO would be beneficial to low-pop if nothing less. Australian Power Hour needs more Captains.
    CO can be locked to CiC time (and perhaps additionally CMP time), and not just XO. Make the time required substantial, similar to the xeno requirement for 3 letter name, and you'll probably avoid shitlery. There's enough staff on around the clock to be able to nail down any random CO who fucks off.

I have no real helpful opinion for Synths and Preds, but I personally think them being whitelisted is fine. Maybe unwhitelist preds for 'unblooded' people which go on their first hunt or whatever, and allow a whitelist for 'blooded' preds which get access to the more big shit. Unblooded would be greatly restricted in what gear they get (both lore and mechanically preventative of fuckery) and would allow an outlet for preds to get more vet players (similar to how people play XO to get CO atm). As for Synths, just requiring certain amount of hours as CMO/CE/RO would be perfectly sufficient, but there comes the issue of synths with the same name. Not sure how exactly you can fix that without a whitelist, or introducing numbers to names.

Whitelist Councils should be voted in by their respective whitelist communities, and/or affirmed by the CM community as a whole, but that's just my own two cents.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove BEs and you make less work for staff.

Without BEs CO has no reason to be a whitelist, can be timelocked behind XO playtime. Letting fresh faces play CO can only be a good thing without them having to go through the absolute farce that is the whitelisting process.

That goes quadruple for the other two whitelists.

Synth should 100% be a timelock behind some combination of role playtimes. No one RPs as a synth after their first 3-4 rounds of the same gimmicks, there's no one to properly RP with the synth.

Predators should 100% be an event antag where the event admin determines the rules of engagement, because jesus christ the current predator rules are retarded and boring. If jimmy unga knows 100% what he can get away with every pred round 9/10 times he'll kill the pred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove all whitelists and timelocks and revert back to the role free-for-all of old CM.

I'm completely serious

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dewhitelist synth allll you are going to have is Autism Synths and Vulcans. And people who dont know how to play.

Endlessly. Synths who act like arrogant assholes too good to take orders.

Synths who struggle to fix things. Time playing does not equal game skill. Be prepared to have your "synth csnt do surgey" tells responded to with "icc issue, let them learn".
    ----
    The fact of the matter is that anyone CAN be synth if they want to.. they just have to fill out a not difficult app, and write a story. There isnt even a time limit.

You are basically saying that we dont need whitelists anymore because people don't want to bother spending an hour or so to fill something out?

Also if you are bitching about synth combat now... just wait until the role is dewhitelisted. Half of you in here count synth combat as just standing in the way.

P.S. Its dumb to simultaneously say that rp doesnt really matter but synths cant be on the frontline cause "synths are supposed to be passive helpers!"

PPS. Read some of the rejected apps for people who THOUGHT they were good enough to play synth by their own standards. All of those people will be playing synth now.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crono23 View Post
    Remove all whitelists and timelocks and revert back to the role free-for-all of old CM.

I'm completely serious
    Increase the times, I want queens with 40-80hr xeno gameplay. I also don’t want the dark days of bald SOs that can’t even move or griefers constantly going SO and OBing the FOB

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Remove the fuckin councils and let Bancrose work soley as whitelist maintainer WITH ADVICE from the ENTIRE WHITELIST, no more tiny little clique senates. Either readd VOTED IN COUNCILS to the COMMUNITIES VOTE. Or remove them entirely and let Bancrose take full control.

Im sorry but Whitelists councils were good when we could pick who was on them, once Emerald started unilaterally choosing because she didnt like the results of the votes it became a flawed and quite honestly useless thing. This new senate thing is no different sorry bancrose chief its true. Its just council memes all over again.

Either let the community choose their representatives again.
    Or fuckin remove the entire thing.
    yes let bancrose be the sole manager of all the whitelists with "COMMUNITY INPUT" so he can ignore 99% of the whitelist and listen to the 1%....
    like he already does...

all in favour...say aye....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Synths who act like arrogant assholes too good to take orders.
    So current synths?

Bonus points for running into CO office and stealing the baton without even asking

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    So current synths?

Bonus points for running into CO office and stealing the baton without even asking
    Not all bro.. not all.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will also have to overhaul the synth rules because they are difficult. I consider myself a good synth player I have hundreds of rounds under my belt. Even I have been suspended:

In a round where two marines jokingly asked me to join their munity I asked the captain if I could. He said yes, and to act as a double agent. I told the marines I was allowed to join as a double agent and for a list of names. The cmp heard and had the marines executed. As I was never ordered to stop I revived them in cyro, asked for the names of the other members, then reported to the captain what I had done. They facepalmed because the CO and Cmp both forgot to tell me to stop being a double agent
    The cmp had me charged with sedition and I became probably the only synth to be killed by firing squad.

The marines thought it was funny, the cmp thought it was funny, the Co had a great time. No one was reported. Everyone involved was punished.

If you are wondering what I did wrong, deep within the rules is a rule that a synth can choose his side during a munity BUT the captain cannot order a synth to join one. This is an unlawful order.

I was suspended 2 weeks for following an unlawful order. The CO was also punished for issuing the order.

This is the kind of stuff the councils and whitelists enforce.

Do you really want to explain this shit above over and over as people hit the goal in cmo and unlock synth?

Its not just "be robot and give bica pills".

I spoke angrily to a marine once for dragging a patient I was reviving until he died. One time. Was bwoinked afterwards.

The only question you should ask is if you think the quality of the synth role would be improved by dewhitelist. I dont see how it could be.