Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    In the past I said anyone who had a CO whitelist if they ever decide to do something like this should get the Commodore title.
    I mean I guess it would be grandfathering if that's the case. If it really is the decision of the head brains of this server so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Removing BEs would fix the problem. The current problem is that we cant literally handle whitelist issues and sometimes new moderators dont note COs because its a "whitelist issue" and you just contact the whitelist guy and tell him that the whitelisted guy fucked up.
    If you remove that red tape most LRP like plain stupid LRP COs will get banned.
    How about remove the red tape? Mods should have the full power to ban any whitelisted people and then those said whitelisted people can appeal to the whitelist council or bancrose himself. This will actually make punishments swift rather then waiting seven years for the council to log on and give their thoughts.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Remove the fuckin councils and let Bancrose work soley as whitelist maintainer WITH ADVICE from the ENTIRE WHITELIST, no more tiny little clique senates. Either readd VOTED IN COUNCILS to the COMMUNITIES VOTE. Or remove them entirely and let Bancrose take full control.

Im sorry but Whitelists councils were good when we could pick who was on them, once Emerald started unilaterally choosing because she didnt like the results of the votes it became a flawed and quite honestly useless thing. This new senate thing is no different sorry bancrose chief its true. Its just council memes all over again.

Either let the community choose their representatives again.
    Or fuckin remove the entire thing.
    this, I never understood why councils weren't chosen by the community when they are meant to be the community reps for that role

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    this, I never understood why councils weren't chosen by the community when they are meant to be the community reps for that role
    Because they were chosen for 3 terms then emerald decided she wanted to pick, we havent chosen since.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    If timelocks ever become a thing for whitelisted roles can whitelisted players be exempt from them?

I don't want to grind 100 hours for CPT despite never losing the CPT whitelist and being active on it.
    All roles including newly timelocked roles follow the same principle of already being unlocked if playtime is already tracked for said role.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Actually I have come around.. lets remove all whitelists.

Hey while we are at it can we talk about the state of moderators?

It seems silly that we have a list of approved players who are supposed to know the rules but just go through an app process. I mean they abuse their power alot so it must not work.. just look at the number of staff reports!

What we should do is after you have played 200 hours anyone can mod. And if they break the rules just have the other mods handle it right then..

Much easier right? Better system.
    One is an in game role that has absolutely zero OOC authority and the other is one that does.. This comment is pretty stupid

Lets be real, if you play enough to unlock XO you should be able to play CO. The literal difference is BE authority and medal authority. Staff make hard decisions all the time regarding marine law and other shitlery, we should be able to say "Yeah man you earned that BE, or Hey CO you violated the BE rule."

Don't get me started on Predator, I already called certain devs out on their lies and bullshit in discord, and I could go on a long winded boomer tangent about it.
    I have a code branch already finished and waiting to remove whitelists

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually dislike whitelists on the one hand, because often they are slow moving to act on things at times.

On the other hand, I don't really trust the staff team simply because we have such a diverse team, ranging from LRP to HRP, you could likely get banned, noted or otherwise based on which moderator is offline. We already have issues with this on the wider server.

If we DID get rid of whitelist, I'd much prefer one or two members of staff to handle CO related matters, but when you look at it like that, its basically the same thing as the council.

I just want consistency applied and its difficult to get when you have a large staff team enforcing rather loose interpretations, rather than a few guys who will debate the matter.

Either way, its a difficult choice the community has to make and either one has pros and cons.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO shouldn't be whitelisted

the other two should

councils blow and have always blown but any system CM staff ever come up with is a billion percent overcomplicated so that's no surprise

based Dinkle thread though

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ay, Im working on Preds, but its a 2 way street with devs if you guys want to fix that role.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    I mean I guess it would be grandfathering if that's the case. If it really is the decision of the head brains of this server so be it.

How about remove the red tape? Mods should have the full power to ban any whitelisted people and then those said whitelisted people can appeal to the whitelist council or bancrose himself. This will actually make punishments swift rather then waiting seven years for the council to log on and give their thoughts.
    Also Mods will fucking REE if I unban one of them cause "overstepping authorities" because the knuckle draggers here think I had the power to unban sleepy lmao.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    Also Mods will fucking REE if I unban one of them cause "overstepping authorities" because the knuckle draggers here think I had the power to unban sleepy lmao.
    No we wont because if you let mods deal with the stuff in-game, you and your councilors/senators/whatever the fuck you wanna call them can make the decision to let them back, etc... after they've been punished.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No we wont because if you let mods deal with the stuff in-game, you and your councilors/senators/whatever the fuck you wanna call them can make the decision to let them back, etc... after they've been punished.
    Sounds like an excuse to have even more red tape and bureaucratic nonsense.