User Tag List

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like the point out queen is the most important role on the entire game and its always been available to anyone to fuck up and barely takes any time to unlock now with timelocks. Not only that but Acebite is adding a new feature called banish that literally kicks the xeno out of the hive and lets other xenos kill them and they cant fight back. If thats in the game then no other whitelist makes any fucking sense at all. Its literally a BE that any retard can use.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Sounds like an excuse to have even more red tape and bureaucratic nonsense.
    What's more nonsensical to you

adminhelp: PREDATOR X JUST KILLED ME I WAS NOT DISHONORABLE PREY
    Mod to Player X: I checked the logs you attacked him first
    Player X: THIS IS BULLSHIT
    Mod to Player X: You have to make a player report
    *Player makes report*
    500,000 people post randomness "I wuz there"
    *Mod pulls logs*
    *3 weeks pass*
    Robbrown4PM: The predator didnt break the code
    Bancrose: No action taken

or

Mod to player X: I investigated and no server rules or whitelist rules were broken HaVe A Cm DaY
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    What's more nonsensical to you

Mod to Player X: You have to make a player report
    *Player makes report*
    500,000 people post randomness "I wuz there"
    *Mod pulls logs*
    *3 weeks pass*
    Robbrown4PM: The predator didnt break the code
    Bancrose: No action taken

or

Mod to player X: I investigated and no server rules or whitelist rules were broken HaVe A Cm DaY
    The extra downside to the current system is that because it always takes so long, details and circumstance tend to get forgotten or ignored over time because people just want the report closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very persuasive argument TheSoldier. As a compromise, the Council could be kept for deciding longer term punishments and whitelist additions or bans. E.g. if a moderator did find a predator or synth or CO had done something off they could punish them there and then, and refer it to the Council for further punishment, even recommending some options.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    That's a very persuasive argument TheSoldier. As a compromise, the Council could be kept for deciding longer term punishments and whitelist additions or bans. E.g. if a moderator did find a predator or synth or CO had done something off they could punish them there and then, and refer it to the Council for further punishment, even recommending some options.
    I got sick of indecision by certain councils and mods/admins frustrated with "I cant punish WL for obvious fuck ups." and it's what led to animosity between the staff and whitelist. Everyone thinks I'm just some dumb boomer waving a stick saying FUCK THIS OR FUCK THAT, which is not the case. I want the system A. FIXED or B. DISBANDED that simple. Instead of fucking around, how about we FIX the problems

My proposal is pretty simple

If a mod or admin has whitelists, they can handle the issue in game.
    Afterwards bancrose can talk to Frans/Acute/Robbrown about it and come up with sanctions.

Our reports are a waste of time and bickering and salt 99 percent of the time. As someone who dedicated my CM Career pulling logs, I would always comment "This report is a joke" or "All this for a warning."
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-14-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Objectively I can see the merits of your proposal. Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poopys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Poopys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah that seems reasonable

---

I think theboomer has the best solution, I still feel that moving entirely towards timelocks isn't sufficient for keeping roles played as intended, but beyond helping to approve apps, councils just make everything less efficient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Council's can be involved in appeals processes as well in addition to what the boomer said. Those will always be handled in forum/discord and could serve as a way to counter-balance what the Admins/Mods are doing versus what the Councils desire from the role?

So:

First, In-round, Admin/Mod has immediate authority to intervene and temporarily job ban to prevent abuses.

Second, Bancrose/Other Higher-ups can hand down sanctions or warnings if needed during the temporary ban phase.

Offender can appeal to the Whitelist Council for larger sanctions/job bans, or for help in getting clarity on rules and expectations for the role. Whitelist Council can appeal to lead admin/ect for overturning the sanction or clarify rules in extraordinary circumstances if a consensus was reached to do so.

The key here is that the admins would not be needed during the appeal process aside from information gathering, so any long-drawn out deliberations are occuring while at least the offender still has their punishment in effect. It's only after the Whitelist Council decides to appeal to a Lead Admin would staff need to get re-involved, which would ideally keep the server staff from needing to babysit proceedings and spend inordinate amounts of time having pointless arguments just to get bad players from breaking server rules. Whitelist Councils can still have their big arguments by themselves and would still have a part in defining the play experience for these roles without preventing the day-to-day adminstration of the rounds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruel as it sounds I liked the Feweh days when he and he alone decided your fate for your WL fuck up. He was blunt he was quick and goddamnit he was effective. Before jakkks incident he remembered the time he made a mistake and feweh took his synth WL for over a month, he had the same philosophy when he setup the synth council.
    Get off my lawn you kids