User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone please make a poll on removing the whitelist, dont feel like figuring out the forum poll system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why it's such an alien concept to expect mods and the rest of staff to just learn the WL guidelines/rules and simply apply them when the issues are reported.

I know people complain about the 'unwritten rules' but why not just make an addendum to where the rules and guidelines are posted if it's determined that it's necessary to make one? Or simply forbid the concept of enforcing unwritten rules?
    Last edited by Corocan; 02-15-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Someone please make a poll on removing the whitelist, dont feel like figuring out the forum poll system
    I feel like polls are useless, the **right** decision should be made, not the decision based on a "majority" when that majority is the small number of people who actually use this forum and then look at this thread.

Whether or not more people like one decision or the other doesn't necessarily make it the best one since in this scenario more than just the general playerbase will be impacted. It changes things staff side, whitelist side AND player side.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    I feel like polls are useless, the **right** decision should be made, not the decision based on a "majority" when that majority is the small number of people who actually use this forum and then look at this thread.

Whether or not more people like one decision or the other doesn't necessarily make it the best one since in this scenario more than just the general playerbase will be impacted. It changes things staff side, whitelist side AND player side.
    This is not a small number of people. This is more than enough to represent enough of the playerbase, and the several polls done in-game were similar in result to this one.

And this is just one example, of course, and it has the right decision too.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just L; 02-15-2020 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Better resolution on the image

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because a majority of the server plays marine and not xeno, it's really not that surprising.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Probably because a majority of the server plays marine and not xeno, it's really not that surprising.
    I disagree, I think most of the average players play both factions, marines just outnumber the xenos in terms of gameplay numbers, not actual player count.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I disagree, I think most of the average players play both factions, marines just outnumber the xenos in terms of gameplay numbers, not actual player count.
    Ehh if that was true we wouldn't consistently have burrowed larva and still be out numbered 5:1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelists are a bit more universal then the nesting changes

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How?

Nesting changes impact literally the entire server, whether you're a xeno or a marine or even a shipside role you feel the effects of them. The same can be said of whitelists, they're on par.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is factually incorrect on every account, as there were a number of xeno players complaining about permanesting in addition to plenty of marine players saying it was a shitty idea. It was a universally disliked idea with a huge impact that the community as a whole rejected, but were all ignored by devs.