Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelists are a joke.

Remove predator
    Make synth a time locked role
    Make COs actually have a standard of role play again.

Whitelists are a dated concept.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Whitelists

I wanted to only keep predator whitelist as a manager tbh

With timelocks there's no need to really have an application process for synth or CO
    Also I love how everyone thinks that writing a dumb 500 word essay shows your ability to play a role.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is kinda dumb that CO is exactly the same as XO, except you get the extremely convenient command tablet, a fancy gun, and a cool hat.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Fuck Whitelists

I wanted to only keep predator whitelist as a manager tbh

With timelocks there's no need to really have an application process for synth or CO
    Also I love how everyone thinks that writing a dumb 500 word essay shows your ability to play a role.
    Boomer yet again proves why he was the best manager.

Predators running around like they are jokesters, wearing trophies like hunters IRL (they are human hunters its different).
    I could go into the whole "LRP Predator" thing but honestly I feel like at this point it's wasted since people don't actually understand how restricted the role is in terms of how much fun you can have anyway. If anyone actually wants to talk about we can.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a over-restrictive honor code, and although until recent a developer took the reigns, predator is the forgotton step child that no one knows what to do with.\
    Predator isn't as cracked up to be anymore.
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelists only reason for existance (besides Predator) is just to keep the job slots open for robust players. If everyone can go CPT and Synth, then the slots will be taken all the time. Thats about it.

As for Predator, might as well remove it TBH. It can honestly be de-whitelisted and turned into something you can be randomly like survivor but only if Predator weapons / armor are downsized and the cloak turned into Scout cloak instead of infinite cloak. By that I mean HPC downsized to be on a long CD and LPC only being a couple of shots (since you can stun lock with it then murderize both sides too easy but its stopped by honor code).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Whitelists only reason for existance (besides Predator) is just to keep the job slots open for robust players. If everyone can go CPT and Synth, then the slots will be taken all the time. Thats about it.

As for Predator, might as well remove it TBH. It can honestly be de-whitelisted and turned into something you can be randomly like survivor but only if Predator weapons / armor are downsized and the cloak turned into Scout cloak instead of infinite cloak. By that I mean HPC downsized to be on a long CD and LPC only being a couple of shots (since you can stun lock with it then murderize both sides too easy but its stopped by honor code).
    HPC is on a long cooldown already.

Also, Predator will never get removed. I don't really know why, but it's never gonna happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think people are getting tired of predator as a concept and round-specialty (in fact I think other "Random Third-Party" round-specialties should be added, like UPP invasions along with regular benos), but rather people are just sick of a super-sekrit club where you have to write a dumb story, think up a speshul pred concept (as if that's even possibly anymore with how little we're given), and have lots of meta-budz on the discord to join.

I would MUCH rather pred gameplay be opened to the public as a timelocked "Third-Party Round" role with less intense restrictions, severely limited abilities (perhaps ICly Young Bloods searching for their first acid mark?), and severely increased numbers (im talking up to a dozen open roles). In my mind, people don't covet the power of preds as much as their ability to introduce new forms of gameplay simply by being something 'different' from the main two factions.

Since it would feel kinda weak to have a group of schlubs representing a powerful alien hunter culture, everyone with an active pred whitelist could be grandfathered in with a speshul Clan Leader role with regular powers and restrictions for when they roll pred. Maybe we can even keep the whitelist open as a Clan Leader thing, even keeps the possibility open for more "Third-Party Round" Leader-type roles like UPP Commissar or whatever. Could be a good replacement for the CO whitelists, which I think should be thrown out and just changed to a long timelock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    I don't think people are getting tired of predator as a concept and round-specialty (in fact I think other "Random Third-Party" round-specialties should be added, like UPP invasions along with regular benos), but rather people are just sick of a super-sekrit club where you have to write a dumb story, think up a speshul pred concept (as if that's even possibly anymore with how little we're given), and have lots of meta-budz on the discord to join.

I would MUCH rather pred gameplay be opened to the public as a timelocked "Third-Party Round" role with less intense restrictions, severely limited abilities (perhaps ICly Young Bloods searching for their first acid mark?), and severely increased numbers (im talking up to a dozen open roles). In my mind, people don't covet the power of preds as much as their ability to introduce new forms of gameplay simply by being something 'different' from the main two factions.

Since it would feel kinda weak to have a group of schlubs representing a powerful alien hunter culture, everyone with an active pred whitelist could be grandfathered in with a speshul Clan Leader role with regular powers and restrictions for when they roll pred. Maybe we can even keep the whitelist open as a Clan Leader thing, even keeps the possibility open for more "Third-Party Round" Leader-type roles like UPP Commissar or whatever. Could be a good replacement for the CO whitelists, which I think should be thrown out and just changed to a long timelock.
    I like this idea personally, though I think having the WL shouldn't get you bonus privileges over what it used to give, since frankly there's plenty of people on this whitelist currently that I would rather not see getting more things to abuse.

Also, as for the "speshul pred concept", nobody's asking you to be unique. Look at Audi's app, his pred is as generic as they come, he just had a good app. All they want is a good app and someone who they can tell isn't gonna grief.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    someone who they can tell isn't gonna grief.
    Problem is not that, its more so
    Hey guys here are all these powerful tools you can use, WAIT YOU DID WHAT I DONT CARE IF YOURE TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME REMOVE HE!
    Get off my lawn you kids