User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, because you straight up are not able to roleplay in this game. Stop for more than 3 seconds to type out an emote or full sentence and you are liable to get hit with a boiler neuro glob and instantly die, get tackled by a runner and dragged off and instantly die, get pounced by a lurker and instantly die, get grabbed by a warrior and instantly die, and so on.

The staff as a whole made the game this way, not the players.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet boomer would like to have like it was during APOP era and Faweh alt most likely remembers that time. When Apop would bwoink shipside beno, because it killed him as surgeon and didn't "tried to capture first".

When people will understand that you can't just RP the same thing over and over and over and over. Imagine ol'paper-and-pen D&D session where the scenario is always the same and doing anything than fighting gets you killed.

What about making more gamemodes that run themselfs? Maybe HvH with 0 admeme intervention (besides excessive warcrimes that would be IC punished)? I would happily capture some CLF, or UPP, or PMC, cuff him, buckle to chair in some desolate chair and interrogate roleplaying as Brotherhood Confessor. A bit of strangling, a bit of fist to the mouth, some curses, some bribe etc.

What I'm supposed to RP with fucking beno? Look at it trough invincible glass and see how it spins like a toy for autistic kids and then do "me" emote: "shows middle finger to the retarded spinner". This is the most common of RP I have with benos. I remember once, before First Contact, one runner was roleplaying dog and we were petting it, but it was struck down as "LRP".

All those boomers just cry: "They awe not ewpeeing anymowe... Booo-hooo... Why they don't want to ewpeee in exactly the same scenawios? Booo-hoooo... Ewpeee please, it's so easy..."
    And then they make some LRP ebent with combat Yirens, or Pred Commander, or else. If the Ebent staff can't came up with something MRP, they expect each and every PFC to RP? Only the latest Dinkle episodes aren't completly LRP, but I guess it's because Dinkle is a co-creator, restraining their LRP urges and enforcing a bit of hard work, instead of LRP laziness.

Add more festive hats. I require bunny ears for helmets and for Queen in Easter, also new sprite for eggs as this is peak of HRP.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If CO is getting timelocked and not whitelisted a I have kind of a weird suggestion, but what if we get XO whitelisted instead of the CO? Add OOC BE immunity for XO and a permission to relieve CO of command if CO does something extremely unprofessional. This would put more pressure on timelocked COs to perform at least to a very basic standard. And then timelock CO to SO. Or maybe make two types of XOs and separate them by rank with not whitelisted XOs being LCDRs and whitelisted being CDRs, with whitelisted XOs getting a priority placement by the role balancer. So XO becomes basically CICs SEA with responsibility of overseeing that CO doesn't throw the round.

I said this before, basically CO and XO naturally form a comedy double act, with CO being the comic and XO being the straight stooge, so this suggestion falls well into that.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I bet boomer would like to have like it was during APOP era and Faweh alt most likely remembers that time. When Apop would bwoink shipside beno, because it killed him as surgeon and didn't "tried to capture first".
    Actually I want the days:

-When staff didn't fuck around and need to be hand held to make a decision
    -When head/managers played the game and not just sit and observe
    -When managers didn't have their head in the sand and actually resolved stuff in a reasonable amount of time and weren't afraid to tell a player to fuck off in a frivilous staff/player report
    -When managers had control of the whitelists and ruled them with an ironfist
    -When permanent bans meant permanent and no matter how much you begged you were told to fuck off

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2853CD33_1.png
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-18-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Actually I want the days:

-When staff didn't fuck around and need to be hand held to make a decision
    -When head/managers played the game and not just sit and observe
    -When managers didn't have their head in the sand and actually resolved stuff in a reasonable amount of time and weren't afraid to tell a player to fuck off in a frivilous staff/player report
    -When managers had control of the whitelists and ruled them with an ironfist
    -When permanent bans meant permanent and no matter how much you begged you were told to fuck off

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2853CD33_1.png
    It's cool and all, but this has nothing to do with RP, or the community. It's all about the staff and we all know that even slight curse, slight dissatisfaction with staffmemes is meet with either infraction for toxicity, or classic ol'shtick of "If you think I'm breaking the rules, report me" (each time it is written I can see that smug smile of "I'm Invincible"), or when it comes to the devs: "I do it for free".

I guess that despite all of the bad that Apop and Faweh alt did, part of their "rule" was correct. Somebody has to keep the whip over the rest. This whip and "Iron Fist" rule most likely made those days in this way and it was probably cool in those parts. It is not like everything went bad, community definately has more "to say" in many cases, with winrate being the prime example of thing that was keept in one archaic state, because reasons, but then was left behind in natural state of balance.

Make some "Grand CM Elections" for a CM King/Dictator of The Year. I nominate Boomer and give him my vote, now everyone else. CM Dictator keeps his position for whole year (unless something extreme happens (community), or he himselfs drop the position). His word is ultimate, he can overrule every single person (but with exception that is later revealed) and he can kick out each and every staffmeme.
    In a form of Uroboros Snake: CM Dictator > Staffmemes (according to their rank) > Community > CM Dictator. But this has to have a rule like "vassal of my vassal is not my vassal", CM King/Dictator rule over Staffmemes, Staffmemes rule over Community and Community as filthy peasants they are, they can get angry at CM King/Dictator and they can get him out on wheelbarrow, stabbing with pitchforks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's cool and all, but this has nothing to do with RP, or the community. .
    Mods failed to crack down on RP a few months ago, and the community has collectively decided they just want to meme as X role. Its at the point where staff just let alot of stuff slide, and we've had no clear direction.

It's ether black or white, crack down on it, or change the standards and make the majority happy.
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you people hijacked my thread get out

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    you people hijacked my thread get out
    This is the price of your shitposting.
    #whitelistmanbad
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    I didnt lose pred whitelist for griefing someone with admin powers, it probably helps to get the facts straight.

I never earned pred whitelist it was given to me, hence it's not really relevant to how the whitelist system works or not.

If you want to bring up 18 month old events because you can't actually rebut the points I bring up I think that says more about you than it does about me.
    It seems to me that it is quite relevant if the whitelist system works or not cause here you are complaining about it on this thread when its the system that removed you. It is undeniable you griefed Chaznoodles so I don't know what else to say other than the circus is the where you belong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Since you came back the majority of this community doesn’t care about roleplaying, lore, or any of it. Our devs also have turned this into a TDM game.

It’s basically a 2D Natural Selection

People bitch about us bwoinking them because they said “EPIC GAMER MOMENTS BRUG”
    So roleplay standards are gone completely?
    We were pretty heavy on maintain at least medium roleplay during my time.