User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly at this point I would take a 17 year old pink hair lesbian CO with cat ears going uwu in announcements. We are not low RP, that would imply we have RP, we have No RP. We don’t even have hippie station RP, and that is full of memes and slaughter. RP on this server is dead

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    So roleplay standards are gone completely?
    We were pretty heavy on maintain at least medium roleplay during my time.
    We have RP standards, but people complain we shouldn't have them cause of the direction the game has gone more to TDM.
    People complain that they can't talk about yeeting on xenos as a PFC, and also complain about people just talking about memes and stuff in-character.

About a year ago the OP caused a major shitstorm cause he made references to Starcraft and murderballing as a tactic in his Command annoucments.

You have the people in the community who want us to be a roleplay server like Baystation, but you have others who think it should be ok to post copy pastas in chat, and just have fun being silly.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-18-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chain is as strong as its weakest link. Who always had 0 RP standards even during the "Iron Fist" period of Apop era? Someone who can RP with himself on Reddit should spot this RP issue, alongside repetitive (and because of that boring) gameplay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    So roleplay standards are gone completely?
    We were pretty heavy on maintain at least medium roleplay during my time.
    There's a pretty big problem with MRP not having incentives/no one getting in trouble for LRP besides edge cases.

A very small minority in the community want "RP" whereas the rest play CM to frag xenos since, I mean, there's now the ability to track your KDR.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because what is the incentive to want to flesh out a marine character? There is little to no information regarding the lore of CM13. I recall one townhall after countless TDM questions about balance was brought up asking if lore would be opened up to the community, it was answered with no.

How are we supposed to build an RP atmosphere if we don't even know the world that surrounds us? When lore is closed off to a select group of individuals who honestly I have no idea are as there have been zero announcements regarding lore. I do what I can, I make up a lot of lore for my character since there is nothing else to build upon other then the very vague one paragraph lore page on the wiki.

Do you want to see RP increase? Here are some ideas:

-Open a lore forum/channel for discord: Let people give their opinions and disagree/agree on lore. Honestly appoint one admin with an iron fist over lore if we must. A council isn't needed, just one person who can say 'OKAY that sounds good its in, or OKAY that sucks, not in."

-Expand the wiki lore page/give people the ability to make character pages: People love to read wikis and make their own pages (fan creations). We have dossiars but frankly they are cluttered and people should be able to make a full page dedicated for a character they put their time into. Also update the general faction lore.

This could be a big step in moving back into the direction of RP.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    Because what is the incentive to want to flesh out a marine character? There is little to no information regarding the lore of CM13. I recall one townhall after countless TDM questions about balance was brought up asking if lore would be opened up to the community, it was answered with no.

How are we supposed to build an RP atmosphere if we don't even know the world that surrounds us? When lore is closed off to a select group of individuals who honestly I have no idea are as there have been zero announcements regarding lore. I do what I can, I make up a lot of lore for my character since there is nothing else to build upon other then the very vague one paragraph lore page on the wiki.

Do you want to see RP increase? Here are some ideas:

-Open a lore forum/channel for discord: Let people give their opinions and disagree/agree on lore. Honestly appoint one admin with an iron fist over lore if we must. A council isn't needed, just one person who can say 'OKAY that sounds good its in, or OKAY that sucks, not in."

-Expand the wiki lore page/give people the ability to make character pages: People love to read wikis and make their own pages (fan creations). We have dossiars but frankly they are cluttered and people should be able to make a full page dedicated for a character they put their time into. Also update the general faction lore.

This could be a big step in moving back into the direction of RP.
    While this is all good stuff, the issue still stands that you can't roleplay with effort on a server where you die if you let a xeno stun you once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    While this is all good stuff, the issue still stands that you can't roleplay with effort on a server where you die if you let a xeno stun you once.
    I don't think people expect roleplay while fighting xenos and stuff, but moreso shipside roles where you have a CO naked, wearing a paperhat, and spewing memes and shitposting with the tablet.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    This quote actually highlights where the main rift is. It's not MRP-HRP vs NoRP-LRP, but between people who want the game to be forgiving, so they can just join, unga, kill 90 xenos then feel like a hero, and people who actually enjoy the brutality of it.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    This quote actually highlights where the main rift is. It's not MRP-HRP vs NoRP-LRP, but between people who want the game to be forgiving, so they can just join, unga, kill 90 xenos then feel like a hero, and people who actually enjoy the brutality of it.
    One of the great things about CM (in the past at least) was how it offered every player a role.
    If you wanted to roleplay you could and there were specific positions exactly for roleplaying (MT, CO, WL, MPs) but if you wanted to just kill shit and never talk you arguably could as a Marine or Xenos.

This is why I believe CM was truly a Medium RP (Low RP is just NO RP masquerading).

Anyways whitelisting is pointless if you've moved to TDM mode, why force some players to roleplay when the entirety of the server is just memeing.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hollup is that Feweh?
    @Fewher