User Tag List

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why even have a white list if it doesn't enforce better RP...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    snip
    Even if so, being safely behind cades, most likely injured, waiting for DS, this is when you have chance to RP, but... About what? There is so many things you can speak of, before everything goes into repeat.

"Huh... Yhhh... I do hope those Xenos won't breach LZ!"
    "Thank god that those bugs can't fly DS!"
    "Oh no! I lost my hand!"
    "Anyone wonders what happened to Sulaco?"

Pre-drop:
    "Oh, I do hope we won't be fighting any acid bleeding aliens!"
    "Time to kill CLF URAH!"

Each and every round is the same. Each and every round contains benos. Boring benos. There is so much you can do with one 0 RP enemy. New gamemodes that can run themselfs and are secret should be introduced and they should work without admeme intervention. How much we all have to scratch our heads about "How to increase RP", when the simplest, least invasive solution exist: Why not replace benos with Zombies sometimes (after fixing zombies)? Why not replace benos with CLF/UPP/PMC/Freelancers sometimes (after adjusting certain things like DAY on each and every map)?

And yes, if you are not behind a cade, that speech cloud appearing above your sholder and head is just mark for benos to kill you. To pounce, to slash (lets not forget that lurker can break your skull with one slash, even if you have 100% HP and helmet) and to escape. Broken skull isn't nothing. Sometimes IB will happily join, sometimes even organ damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post

And yes, if you are not behind a cade, that speech cloud appearing above your sholder and head is just mark for benos to kill you. To pounce, to slash (lets not forget that lurker can break your skull with one slash, even if you have 100% HP and helmet) and to escape. Broken skull isn't nothing. Sometimes IB will happily join, sometimes even organ damage.
    Is it not possible to make it so that xenos don't see marines speech bubbles?...

Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    So you can end your round in a way besides dying horribly IC.

What exactly are you telling me? That pods are ICly not a way to save the crew, because what, they ship is too far away from anyone that could save the guys in the pods? I'm not familiar with the Aliens franchise so no clue what's going on there. But since they have hyeprsleep chambers, I suppose travel times are somewhat of an issue...

Still, I believe it's bad RP to deny the crew evacuation because "wE r HoLdInG aNd dYiNg lIkE hErOeS". There are pods, there are evac procedures, so the crew should be required to follow these procedures. You can't just kill a few dozen civilians because you're a shitty LRP CO.
    Last edited by mandalore66; 02-19-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    Is it not possible to make it so that xenos don't see marines speech bubbles?...
    Sounds like easy change, but up to this point it was this way and it always will. The arguments against this will be the same as Xenos being able to see your exact name behind a wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like easy change, but up to this point it was this way and it always will. The arguments against this will be the same as Xenos being able to see your exact name behind a wall.
    I'm not familiar with this argument? Can you elaborate?

Or maybe it's something along the lines of "since the marine is saying something, in real life you can already hear the sound as soon as he begins speaking, and the chat bubble emulates this" ?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its in the game and has been for as long as I remember. Disable "typing indicator" in options.

I know because xenos LOVE to meta me as a synth when I type. So I have started turning it off on the surface
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    I'm not familiar with this argument? Can you elaborate?

Or maybe it's something along the lines of "since the marine is saying something, in real life you can already hear the sound as soon as he begins speaking, and the chat bubble emulates this" ?
    Discussion about that reaches times of old forum. It is mainly about: "I want to know with who I am fighting, I want to know when it is best to strike".
    Atleast now it's a bit more fair with beno "names". However I doubt anybody will ever dare to disable chat bubble visibility for benos. You will get response: "You can disable it yourself in preferences!", but the same person who will say that, won't even consider that it also turns of chat bubble for Marines to see, so they don't know if you are ready to fight, they don't know if you want to say anything etc.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Its in the game and has been for as long as I remember. Disable "typing indicator" in options.

I know because xenos LOVE to meta me as a synth when I type. So I have started turning it off on the surface
    It disables it for Marines too. And I guess it doesn't help Synth in his medical job, because nobody ever knows if you want to say something, or you are just doing your thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussion about that reaches times of old forum. It is mainly about: "I want to know with who I am fighting, I want to know when it is best to strike".
    Atleast now it's a bit more fair with beno "names". However I doubt anybody will ever dare to disable chat bubble visibility for benos. You will get response: "You can disable it yourself in preferences!", but the same person who will say that, won't even consider that it also turns of chat bubble for Marines to see, so they don't know if you are ready to fight, they don't know if you want to say anything etc.
    I see now, thank you for the explanation. Then it's just beno favoritism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy fucking cringe lock this thread and ban me from the forums please