Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    holy fucking cringe lock this thread and ban me from the forums please
    You started this Tom Dinkle, you can't turn back now.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Even if so, being safely behind cades, most likely injured, waiting for DS, this is when you have chance to RP, but... About what? There is so many things you can speak of, before everything goes into repeat.

"Huh... Yhhh... I do hope those Xenos won't breach LZ!"
    "Thank god that those bugs can't fly DS!"
    "Oh no! I lost my hand!"
    "Anyone wonders what happened to Sulaco?"

Pre-drop:
    "Oh, I do hope we won't be fighting any acid bleeding aliens!"
    "Time to kill CLF URAH!"

Each and every round is the same. Each and every round contains benos. Boring benos. There is so much you can do with one 0 RP enemy. New gamemodes that can run themselfs and are secret should be introduced and they should work without admeme intervention. How much we all have to scratch our heads about "How to increase RP", when the simplest, least invasive solution exist: Why not replace benos with Zombies sometimes (after fixing zombies)? Why not replace benos with CLF/UPP/PMC/Freelancers sometimes (after adjusting certain things like DAY on each and every map)?

And yes, if you are not behind a cade, that speech cloud appearing above your sholder and head is just mark for benos to kill you. To pounce, to slash (lets not forget that lurker can break your skull with one slash, even if you have 100% HP and helmet) and to escape. Broken skull isn't nothing. Sometimes IB will happily join, sometimes even organ damage.
    This just sounds like you don't know how to RP...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    This just sounds like you don't know how to RP...
    I don't know your criteria, but I think I do know how to Role Play. And my point was and is that beno rounds are stale, boring and severly unengaging, thus harming RP.
    Do you have in mind "Furry" RP, where SS13 is treated as glorified Chat? *notices your buldge* UWU!

Each and every round I "Role Play" ex-Fanatic of the Brotherhood, Medical, Security and Employment records filled with bullshit nobody ever have read. Each and every round nobody cares. I stopped caring too. I made up entire story to fit C&C into CM (there is already no lore about anything, so it wasn't hard, just change Tiberium to "Green Phoron" and Earth to some colony in state of constant war). In "hard" times I "Pray" to gods/Kane.
    Entire keyboard is filled with macros to say some "cool" quote during combat, like killing a beno on fire who tried to "ressist" out of it and then screaming: "Nobody escapes the heat!", or destroying resin structure where benos hide and then shouting "You cannot hide form the Black Hand!".
    Each and every round I label my shit, saying it's "Blessing" them with "Words of Kane", which grants them better perfromance.
    As a Marine I hide my face behind balistic goggles and breath mask, "Roleplaying" discomfort when I don't have it covered.
    I used to beg doctors to give me cybernetic limbs each round, but many don't want to do it, so I stopped bothering, but still, when asked about this, I will proudly shout "THE FLESH IS WEAK!", arguing with anyone that fusion of flesh and metal is superior to pure metal (in case of Synths) and pure flesh.
    Cabal doesn't take drugs saying "My body is a Temple", he doesn't drink alcohol, he doesn't smoke, he never would willingly take Hyperzine (unless ebent [that will never exist] spawns Kane himself and he will order me to take it).

What your Marine does to "RP"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    It seems to me that it is quite relevant if the whitelist system works or not cause here you are complaining about it on this thread when its the system that removed you. It is undeniable you griefed Chaznoodles so I don't know what else to say other than the circus is the where you belong.
    Step 1: get given co and pred whitelist because i'm head dev - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 2: get co and pred whitelist taken away because of a staff report that had nothing to do with my actions in those whitelisted roles - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Bancrose continues some personal vendetta against me for some unknown reason?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Step 1: get given co and pred whitelist because i'm head dev - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 2: get co and pred whitelist taken away because of a staff report that had nothing to do with my actions in those whitelisted roles - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Bancrose continues some personal vendetta against me for some unknown reason?
    Head staff were given auto-whitelist due to their expected maturity and competence to handle the position.
    You within a short period of Head Dev were so insanely corrupt and malicious that you broke that trust of respect in handling your whitelist position.
    Let me clarify, you legit edited a players Variables so they'd trigger friendly landmines and kill themselves just because they killed you.

So I don't understand why you're ???ing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's fucked up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Anyways whitelisting is pointless if you've moved to TDM mode, why force some players to roleplay when the entirety of the server is just memeing.
    /thread

Though, to be fair, it's not that the entirety of the server is just memeing, but rather the general mood of staff is that they don't want to enforce roleplaying standards because there's no definitive standard to pull from AND/OR they aren't comfortable with enforcing roleplaying standards because they don't really believe in them all that much.

There's an unfortunate fact that must be faced if staff ever want to start enforcing any standard and that is this: You will lose players in the process. There is already a significant group within the playerbase that does not care about roleplay in any form and will likely either leave or be forced out. Some will adjust, but there will be some that either refuse to or cannot.

It's likely most people are already aware of this fact but just don't want to deal with the fallout, and honestly, that's fine. I just wish CM would just go full force in one direction instead of doing the senior citizen shuffle.
    Last edited by Corocan; 02-20-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    [B]You will lose players in the process.
    So, less lag then?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Head staff were given auto-whitelist due to their expected maturity and competence to handle the position.
    You within a short period of Head Dev were so insanely corrupt and malicious that you broke that trust of respect in handling your whitelist position.
    Let me clarify, you legit edited a players Variables so they'd trigger friendly landmines and kill themselves just because they killed you.

So I don't understand why you're ???ing
    Kinda stupid mister alt.

If he really didn't do anything bad while playing Whitelisted role, then he shouldn't have lost them. If he got this position and was granted automatically the Whitelist, then whitelist is just a fasade.
    > Oh, you have great coding (and shit like that) skills, you got the head position, you might be spineless nerdo who can't RP for shit, or great RP mastermind, but take those whitelists who are here to prove that those who have it are capable at RP and nothing else.
    > Oh, you have done something bad not as a whitelisted role? Let me take those whitelists, you didn't proved you can't RP good, but you need to be punished more than mere kick out of the head position.

Timelock is the future, old multiple mans.

Hey, maybe those devs who actually play the game would naturally unlock Pred this way, play it a bit and maybe decide to finnaly touch the pred code?

Imagine Synthetics whitelisted on other servers. While AI, or borg have to scratch their head if opening the door to Teleporter for some random greytider is not against Asimov Law 1, because he could teleport himself to space, or maybe not opening the door would break the Law 2, because it's not sure if he will teleport himself to space.
    All pred have to have in mind: This Fob Engineer? Innocent. This Medic Marine healing wounded? Innocent? This lone, healthy marine somewhere? Worthy. This marine hugging me? Unoworthy.
    Innocent - Can't touch this!
    Worthy - Start the game already!
    Unworthy - STAB TWIST KILL!
    What CO has to have in mind? Hehe. Is this marine a direct threat to the operation and there is no MP's around? BE. Start of the round, set the primary LZ, came up with the one and only plan: Alpha - IO, Bravo - FoB, Charlie - Power, Delta - Scout. Brieffing 12:20. Came down, orders, "Goodspeed Marines", get back up, do exactly what SO and XO are doing.

If we can't trust people they can handle something like Pred, or CO, or even Synth after many hours of grinind certain roles that those three are based upon, then how each and every other server trusts anyone to be cyborg, or AI with only like 10, sometimes 20 hours of just playing greytider? While borg and AI can get many wacky and stupid custom laws and even if just standard lawset, they get into many scenarios, from beno infestation, trough hostile agents onboard (that are still crew) and ending on Wizards, or Blobs.
    I would say that Station AI has way more impact on the round that Synth can ever have.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-20-2020 at 01:23 PM.