User Tag List

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yea this thread was a shitpost or something that became serious and it started on something about low RP with whitelists and become how CM is shit and everything was better in the good ol days™

Anyway if you want more RP without changing too much...

Open the lore up more, maybe have some dedicated lorenerds or something.
    Get some RP cliches, meta players that dedicate to RPing more or less

If you want to change whitelist RP, the most annoying seems to be predators tied down so hard it aint even funny. Honestly just give some looser rules on hunting some poor PFCs a couple times. Like hunt 5 humans first before hunting the aliens or something. IDK just need to make it easier for predators to be a threat that players dont metaignore because they can.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Oh yea this thread was a shitpost or something that became serious and it started on something about low RP with whitelists and become how CM is shit and everything was better in the good ol days™

Anyway if you want more RP without changing too much...

Open the lore up more, maybe have some dedicated lorenerds or something.
    Get some RP cliches, meta players that dedicate to RPing more or less

If you want to change whitelist RP, the most annoying seems to be predators tied down so hard it aint even funny. Honestly just give some looser rules on hunting some poor PFCs a couple times. Like hunt 5 humans first before hunting the aliens or something. IDK just need to make it easier for predators to be a threat that players dont metaignore because they can.
    An Honor Code rework is in place, as well as some (hopefully) improvements for the role from the dev team.

Lore is also being worked on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope the predator rework includes making medics innocent by default, even if they carry a gun. It just feels wrong to me. If they choose to attack then, like a scientist or doctor attacking or hugging the predator, they deserve it. If not, they should be left alone.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    I really hope the predator rework includes making medics innocent by default, even if they carry a gun. It just feels wrong to me. If they choose to attack then, like a scientist or doctor attacking or hugging the predator, they deserve it. If not, they should be left alone.
    You're not a doctor, you're a corpsman.

you kill.

If you can't kill, don't bother with preds. There's a 100% chance that they'll do nothing to you if you just zoom away.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Step 1: get given co and pred whitelist because i'm head dev - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 2: get co and pred whitelist taken away because of a staff report that had nothing to do with my actions in those whitelisted roles - is this part of the actual whitelisting process? no it isnt.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Bancrose continues some personal vendetta against me for some unknown reason?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

bro ur cringe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    An Honor Code rework is in place, as well as some (hopefully) improvements for the role from the dev team.

Lore is also being worked on.
    Wall of text:
    TLDR:Preds aren't either fun or fair, and they don't actually act 100% like preds (which is half the fun), due to their honor code. Preds really suck for both factions, they exist solely to kill lone straddlers 4 no raisins during non event rounds without any fun of an event.

Because one guy filled out a whitelist, he can use unfair tools and armor to fight whoever they deem worthy, just because. It's an inherently bullshit system. Events are fun, they can be unfair, most certainly, but they are fun. Predators aren't really fun. Now marine's command could try to make a mini event out of a pred by ordering marines to focus fire on all Jamaicans and hunt them down, but what happens then, preds directly attack the Almayer because of course marines will bring the body and gear back (why wouldn't they IC?), jeopardizing the entire round to cover for robusted preds; So with that in mind, command doesn't usually allow marines to fully unga against Preds or bring their gear back... for some reason (Once again, why would marines not bring back alien equipment and bodies?). If marines kick pred ass, they will be retaliated for their hard work.

The rule is to just let preds pick off stragglers and bait stupid or bored marines near fob into "Honor duels," all of which decreases the fighting power of the marines, not to mention the effects on the xenos faction as well, all for what is both not really designed as an event, and discouraging for either side to make into an event.

Marines don't want to fight the Preds, since it gives them another faction to fight, W/O making the Preds hostile to the Xenos, thereby putting Marines at a disadvantage, while breaking RP since Marines shouldn't meta avoiding combat with preds that have killed marines and avoid bringing bodies and gear back; and Xenos don't want to fight Preds, since it gives them another faction to fight, W/O making the Preds hostile to the Marines, thereby putting Xenos at a disadvantage, while breaking RP since Xenos should ruthlessly attack Preds.

Preds should exist as an overtly obvious event, not tacked onto a normal round. Maybe forcing xenos to fight the pred, and as result require marines to fight the pred, once proven hostile, unless rp reasons allow for marines to attack it first, or spare it at a later point. An HvP event mode should be considered. But this requires work on either rules or trying to make and halfway balance a new gamemode. Im sure staff will make some minor rule changes that fail to address the underlying issues with an ambiguous third faction that exists solely to fuck with the efforts either/or the Marines or Xenos, and aren't likely to effect both evenly and fairly, in a game that is designed and balance around only two factions. But whatever.

That was alot, but I think atleast someone will read this and agree to some degree.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R61425 View Post
    snip
    Preds aren't unfair to fight. If you are deemed "Worthy", it's easier to kill Pred than it is to kill semi-decent lurker, or decent runner. All Pred can do is run at you and try to melee you, or throw their puny combistick.
    Even worhtless piece of shit (which is slug) is good enough to bring pred down. Enough hits to the chest and it will slow down, it will bleed, it will get broken chest, it will get organ damage.
    I did it twice. It was challenge, but it was fair challenge. The best tip I can give is to fight in buildings, with shit like tables, racks and such around (Shop in Big Red for example). The best place would be secure dome, those racks prevent movement, but they don't prevent bullets.

While I do agree that overall (in general) nobody wants to fight with Preds. Especially benos, because they can't use any gear from Pred and because pred is capable of killing them even if they try to escape. Marines get the gear, but single rine is weaker than single beno, so you will see more "duels", or simple hunts against them.

I would also agree that bringing Pred body and gear shipside is jeopardizing marine chances to win, but recently PMC events where group of armed PMC is sent to Almayer, they start shooting and kill entire command alongside MP's and few marines is quite common. They do much more damage than all 4 preds, because preds don't go after command and they don't try to permakill.

The one idea I might have in mind for preds is to act as "balancers". One side stomps the other? Preds then find that side Worthy of Hunt, so they start to quickly decrease population of it.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I tried to fight a pred some god damned baldie PB heartbroke me

Also note about those command announcements someone posted an Imgur image a few pages ago, that was made by an XO. There was no CO that round.

Otherwise I'm really struggling to understand most of the things said here. Playing every squad role not saying anything meaningful the entire round is viable, with the exceptions of the SL and specs who should be a bit more verbose than yelling .u RO I NEED AMMO every 15 minutes. Even as something like a medic, realistically you only need to do 3 things: point at injured marine, treat them, and either say "Good to go" or "Go to surgery". And if you want to rp as those roles it is entirely within your possibility to do so at whichever opportune moment, does it really need to be said you shouldn't be stopping to recite excerpts from Shakespeare when you're clowning dumb lurkers? And from my personal experience there are RP opportunities almost every round as any given shipside role. More often than not the problem is simply that there is virtually nobody else aboard that round.

And speaking of xenos on that matter, their rp is to obey the queen and kill/capture when applicable. There is some concerns regarding sweaty xenos killing synthvivors indiscriminately regardless of their allegiance but overall doing pretty much anything else is LRP. (and FTR I consider LRP and NRP to be one and the same, maaaaybe in some cases LRP would be NRP with extra steps but the basis we're going off of are the roleplay standards. Or at least I am doing that.)

Apologies if this post is too retarded/incoherent but I'm just trying my best to make sense of this mess of a thread.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Last time I tried to fight a pred some god damned baldie PB heartbroke me

Also note about those command announcements someone posted an Imgur image a few pages ago, that was made by an XO. There was no CO that round.

Otherwise I'm really struggling to understand most of the things said here. Playing every squad role not saying anything meaningful the entire round is viable, with the exceptions of the SL and specs who should be a bit more verbose than yelling .u RO I NEED AMMO every 15 minutes. Even as something like a medic, realistically you only need to do 3 things: point at injured marine, treat them, and either say "Good to go" or "Go to surgery". And if you want to rp as those roles it is entirely within your possibility to do so at whichever opportune moment, does it really need to be said you shouldn't be stopping to recite excerpts from Shakespeare when you're clowning dumb lurkers? And from my personal experience there are RP opportunities almost every round as any given shipside role. More often than not the problem is simply that there is virtually nobody else aboard that round.

And speaking of xenos on that matter, their rp is to obey the queen and kill/capture when applicable. There is some concerns regarding sweaty xenos killing synthvivors indiscriminately regardless of their allegiance but overall doing pretty much anything else is LRP. (and FTR I consider LRP and NRP to be one and the same, maaaaybe in some cases LRP would be NRP with extra steps but the basis we're going off of are the roleplay standards. Or at least I am doing that.)

Apologies if this post is too retarded/incoherent but I'm just trying my best to make sense of this mess of a thread.
    Has there ever actually been a concrete standard of what the staff consider LRP/MRP/HRP? I'm guessing not, since it hasn't been brought up at any point in these discussions, from what I have seen.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Has there ever actually been a concrete standard of what the staff consider LRP/MRP/HRP? I'm guessing not, since it hasn't been brought up at any point in these discussions, from what I have seen.
    The lines aren't defined, no. As with most rules they are enforced as interpreted by each staff member (with any needed corrections by higher-ups), so something one staff member might bwoink you for, another might not.