Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove predators
    beast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I had to write a lot of words for a CO whitelist I never use.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo you cant just make me invest 50 hours in each support department for synth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelistes roles only have IC restrictions. They should have OOC restrictions.

Synthetics are RP and skill oriented. Whitelisting RP is pointless in our community and with our current RP levels. Whitelisting skill is not needed.
    Predators should be event characters, they can't do anything fun on their own. The Hunt is not interactive. And they pose serious balance issues
    Commanders should keep their whitelist status, with a strong OOC bound to keep the RP level above the desired minimum and direct round flow in the the direction we want them to.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rules being outdated doesn't change the fact that CM is MRP, just not SERIOUS MRP. You can have MRP that is lighthearted and silly, but that makes staff members mad who just want a generic milsim atmosphere or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone that plays Predator a lot it feels cheap to lock them behind admin events unless they are ran frequently thus defeating the purpose of them being event locked to begin with.

As a player that is under COs often, most of them time Captains are pretty much all the same. Rarely there are few that I actually know off the top of my head, even fewer that I actually LIKE. Most COs tend to just be normal marines that have fancy golden bars and a big ass revolver with the ability to execute you if you say his hat looks dumb. I don't have a statement on how to 'fix' COs aside from maybe asking to tone back the memes to a reasonable level.

Synths I actually rarely see issues with. Maybe there are a few that run around as combat synths but I rarely see them tbh.

Anyhow, on Predators: Being a predator is admittedly boring due to the Honor Code that feels restrictive yet also fine at the same time. The idea of predators being serious round swayers is both false and equally true at the same time. Predators can be huge round swayers if they break the rules that are both an IC and OOC thing which is their Honor Code and usually is only broken and a round is swayed if someone is stupid (which usually leads to a WL removal). As of the moment while I feel predators need work they are fine as is and the new sprites and tweaking of their armor and gear is what is more needed than a major change.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so this is mostly shit posts but I kinda want to throw in my two cents. So here goes.

Predetors: They are kinda fun to be (to me at least) but there isn't much you can do other than use your translator to RP with mariens and xenos. Like others have said though, the hunt is kinda boring. For those that don't know, all it is is mark someone for hunt, attack till dead, claim trophy, and repeat. You can try to make it fun but since there is a high chance to lose your target (we don't get any way to actually TRACK our prey other than basically binocs) if you don't attack ASAP it's a huge risk. The few preds I've seen are mostly at least trying to RP instead of meme. Mostly. So yeah, needs some (a lot of) re-working but is still an okay role. Also we can't LPC stun lock at all. Code says no. So uhh, shut up about that. Oh and final note. Please stop pointing at us when we're invis, it's kinda annoying and we can't attack while invis due to THE CODE, so yeah.

TLDR: CODE BAD, PREDS HAVE NOT MUCH TO DO!

Synths: Oh boy. I've got some salt on this one, mostly combat synth stuff. So synths from what I've seen (should there even BE one) are kinda cool RP wise. It's petty fun RPing with a synth but when they pick up an axe and charge the line to "drag marines and clear weeds" it's kinda dumb. They are also so durable and hard to kill for xenos that even if they are actually just doing that it's infuriating. I'm not gonna say "nerf this" or "change that" but yeah. I have little to say on this one since I rarely see them since they are either ship bound or charging the queen with an axe/body blocking xenos.

TLDR: COMBAT SYNTH BAD, SUPPORT SYNTH GOOD AND ANNOYING TO XENOS

Commanding Officer: Here we are, the CO. Gotta say a good number of these are forgettable and really don't add much. Greg Laufer, Windhealer (RIP lost whitelist) and Dinkle are kinda the only three I remember off the top of my head. Greg cause I love his speeches and memorial ceremonies, Windhealer cause well, it's wind healer, and Dinkle has a whole event chain going right now. The rest of the CO's all kinda blend together, either they are an armchair general and never leave the ship or try to lead from the front and get killed. Some add some cool RP but other are kinda annoying. Like when I'm an SO and they go over my shoulder to look at the overwatch console instead of asking for a status update (this kicks you out of the squad cam BTW), directly communicating with the squad, sending supply drops on YOUR console or even doing the same with an OB. Makes you feel useless and redundant. I kinda like to play SO from time to time and would like it more if I wasn't always skipped over cause "you were too slow" when I was busy with something else. So yeah, CO's need to up their game and stay out of the SO's console when they are using it.

TLDR: CO'S ARE FORGETTABLE AND NEED TO STOP SKIPPING OVER THEIR SO'S

So yeah, that's that. I bet not a soul cares about any of this.
    Last edited by swumprat; 02-12-2020 at 03:53 AM.
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread's a shitpost, but Bancrose posted in the WL announcement channels about it and I'd like to put my two cents in about it as well.

With the addition of timelocks as an attempt at preventing grief, whitelists are now dependent on RP and RP is dependent on the playerbase. Ergo, if the playerbase doesn't want to adhere to a standard of roleplay and the staff team can't come to a unanimous consensus on what constitutes MRP (And to actually enforce it), then MRP has no standard beyond not griefing or violating other server rules. This goes to stand that if roleplay has no standard, then whitelists don't either and they are functionally useless.

Another way to think about it is this: Ask yourself, "Why do we do whitelists?"

It prevents players from easily abusing and griefing with their whitelisted role by requiring them to dedicate time to writing a story.
    Timelocks would also solve this problem and even better than writing a backstory would if you include the fact that the timelock would likely be much longer than the time spent writing an application.

It helps the roleplay standard and fleshes out the character's background.
    Most whitelisted players don't really care about their background and focus more on their gimmicks and character-to-character interactions and that's just how most players who care about roleplay act anyways.

It keeps players who have big impacts on rounds accountable for their actions.
    Whitelists did not keep players accountable for their actions. Councils did and before that, staff did. Now, once again, staff is responsible for handling whitelist infractions which would effectively be the same as staff handling job bans if whitelists didn't exist.

Those are really the only three valid arguments I can think of to keep whitelists off the top of my head and they fall flat with the introduction of timelocks, the descent of roleplay standards, and the removal of councils.

CO and Synth whitelists should honestly just go. Reduce the filtering process to timelocks and maintain the standards and rules as they are. Quality of RP is hardly the issue anymore anyways, it's mostly just focused around whether or not the player understands how to perform the role from a functional standpoint now.

Predator should just be straight up removed or have their whitelist removed with a massive overhaul bringing them closer to the survivor role by comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ENFORCING good RP is cringe and doesn't work. There are ways to make MRP fun but enforcing strict RP guidelines just decreases the quality of genuine RP. CM is a videogame, RP should be fun not a punishment. If you want players to be MRP the server has to reflect that, you can't run lrp events constantly and have only surface level lore and expect players to put effort into flushing out their characters.