Date of Incident
    February 2, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Lauren Von Fusegana

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    lordbanshee

Accused Character Name
    Xavier 'Brave' Hart

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:40 EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3, and Rule 16

Description of the incident:
    Besides getting BE for saying nah to the CO to fly the ship when I stated I was gonna cryo when heading to the ship, due to the fact that they were issuing a NOD arrest for me using the ships remote control to pilot and operate the ship throughout the whole op from the ground.

The reason for doing so was that I was required to stay on the ship the whole op pressing a button (like any sane person wants to do that for a whole op) and "tend" to the wounded. Even though, I've been doing that the whole op, but just on the ground.

In my opinion, I find it unjustified that the response given from this individual deserves such actions. Locking a role by battlefield execution (even though I was stating I'm heading to cryo), issuing an arrest of NOD (even though I was calling it up and down the whole op without it even lingering for a minute).

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    A moderator (SwirlyKins) was witnessing it unfold, and logs can pretty much attend to my side~

How you would punish the accused:
    I'll leave it to the CO councils discretion~
    Last edited by Taketheshot56; 02-07-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs in the next 24 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Start of the OP where the PO tells command states that he will remote control:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP finds out that the PO is not in the ship and tells the CO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

PO gets arrested:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The discussion between CO and PO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The BE:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by CryoDrake; 02-07-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some key information which is from missing from your log pull. Please pull the logs that show my discussion with the PO in which I state they won't be under arrest if they comply with the order to pilot their own ship. It will be between the CMP's order to arrest, and the BE. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For one... you were stacking charges of marine law that were unjustified. Disrespect x2, in no way did I disrespected you in any way, if you count the fact that I said nah to flying the ship after stating I was cryoing, that is hardly a disrespect due to the fact that you and the CMP were present and capable to fly the ship back up. Insubordination, you never said anything on comms to return back to the ship. Neglect of duty, as previously stated, the ship hasn't lingered for more then a minute both on the ground and on the ship itself. Disorderly conduct, ya no chief. Everything was going per standard operation procedure before you killed the pilot officer that had visual knowledge of the FOB and inhabitants, which by a logistic and strategic standpoint, is more reliant then using comms to relay information. Killing the PO not only lost your visual, but the flight optimization (even though this is pretty much my rant on how some head of department wakes, cause the CMP wasn't awake when the whole announcement was made, and starts spreading misinformation)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reasoning behind the BE in the message I sent was fairly vague, as the result of the circumstances of the round and being rushed to get that over-with. I will now deliberate on what exactly I find to be against the marine law, and what ultimately lead to my decision to BE the PO. Firstly, I will state things from how I was viewing the round in regards to the PO.

For quite a while, things were going well enough on the front line and the Alamo was going up and down, but I had not caught the original message near the start of the round regarding the PO deciding to not man the Alamo themselves, but instead doing it remotely. I tend to not glance at the purple text, and look at the blue text at the beginning of the round, which I suppose is my own fault. Had I realized it was going on earlier I would have made an issue of it immediately and the whole situation may had been resolved. Regardless, the CMP at some point in the round had made me aware of the issue and I wanted to get it resolved. I asked him the charges and he said neglect of duty and insubordination. That would put you at 35 minutes in brig max immediately.

I decided to deploy and attempt to reason with the PO to stay inside their ship, as I just the day before had a round where a lurker was able to sneak inside the Alamo and perma-kill a large part of the ship side crew and marines coming out of cryo. I immediately viewed this as a threat to my mission and the lives of my crew. I attempted to make that clear to the PO upon discussing the issue with them, but they wouldn't have any of it and decided to say both IC and LOOC that they were going to go and Cryo. I viewed that action as disrespectful to me and my command.

I had informed the PO, that if they were to agree to operate the Alamo as normally they would be perfectly free to go, but they instead still insisted on cryo'ing over doing their job. That could have been viewed as desertion, but I didn't view it as such at the time, only insubordination and disrespect.

A PO's job is to do a couple of things, while under my command.
    1.) Operate their assigned ship.
    2.) Protect their assigned ship.
    3.) Use the equipment on their assigned ship.

A PO who is only remote controlling it is not effectively fulfilling their duties as a PO.

I called the Alamo back down, and then loaded the PO aboard to be taken back up to the ship. I ordered the PO to operate their ship and fly us back up to the Almayer to which she responded with 'nah.' I did not hesitate to BE her for disregarding a very direct and serious order. As the Captain who was planet side during the beginnings of the defense of LZ1, I found it mission critical to get myself back up on the ship and commanding again.

After the round, the CMP also brought up to me that he had notified me that the PO had assaulted some marine at LZ1 FOB, but I may have missed that report. If that's true, that is just one more bit of reasoning to have BE'd the PO.

If a moderator could provide the chatlogs of the discussion in which you see me attempt to reason with the PO, that would be very appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, missed that the discussion part was added. o7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Pilot Officer, as the name indicates, pilots the ships of USS Almayer. They transport marines between the Almayer and the Landing Zones (LZ), protect and maintain their dropships, and provide Close Air Support (CAS) for those marines who want a fireworks show earlier than the 4th of July."
    "A special benefit to being a Pilot Officer is that you're allowed to boss around marines while they're on your shuttle. Don't tolerate rowdy and loud marines but be ready if they fight back. Follow proper escalation procedures. Remember, you out rank them and its your ship (and the USCM's ship and thus the Commanding Officer's ship)."

If you can't be bothered to read comms at the beginning of the round, and make up your play style (not considering that their is a human behind every player, cause I ain't no robot button pusher that moves stuff from here to there with no sense of enjoyment; why play a game if you can't even have fun in what you do?). Also I wasn't at the front line (cause I would get bwoinked in a heart beat), I was at the FOB the whole op.

I walked around the FOB numerous times (even got blown up by a C4 cause the bravo engi was tearing down the wall by old tcomms for ease of access), so your "assumption" that I was not checking to see if anything got on board (with no probable causes, besides your meta knowledge of a previous round tactic; doesn't apply, and justify as a threat).

You didn't explain anything, (cause I had to ahelp for my whole arrest) you just told me to be a robot and stay on the ship and fly it, so I decided, this round ain't gonna be fun no more, so I decided I'm gonna cryo (which you cannot force anyone to play afterwards).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaving the dropship is not recommended (doesn't say forbidden; just not recommended) unless you have just landed. Try not to stray too far from your craft. Retrieving marines is okay but if it leaves without you then you are in deep shit. You have a high chance of being 1. killed, 2. maimed, 3. captured, 4. killed again, 5. wounded. Although competent command staff will ask for you in the radio before manually piloting your craft.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO council is looking into this.