User Tag List

Thread: Automatic fire: A worthy opponent for the buckshot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automatic fire: A worthy opponent for the buckshot?

So I logged in and the changelog said we now have automatic fire (not implemented yet tho) but how do you think it will result this (cool for me) addition?

Will it beat buckshot as the weapon of choice for the seasoned unga?

Will be too fucking OP and will be removed?

Will get ‘fixed’ ending with just an automatic peashooter?

Will the shotgun get more nerfs so you’re forced to pick the rifle?

Will xenos be stronger to balance shit out?

I wanna see your opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the best of my understanding, all automatic fire does is remove the need to clickspam with certain weapons.

So aside from making some weapons more consistent in their ROF and less painful to use for long durations, it won't really change much.

As far as the broader picture goes, if a xenos can run up to a marine, do their thing, and then run about a screen away without being in serious danger of dying then the M41A/HPR/smartgun will continue to be a support weapon only. There is a reason why the PFC loadout is a buck shotgun primary with a QFA M41A Mk2 secondary - anything that doesn't stun or put out massive damage spikes just can't get kills, and in the end kills are all that matter long term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autofire will also increase bullet spread and presumably also decrease accuracy, so it's really hard to tell if it's gonna be useful at all. Changelog does say details will get tweaked, so we'll have to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a long-suffering M39 main, I'm hoping if/when it gets added to the M39, it can make the weapon a little more appealing, but I'm not really holding my breath. If you're in shotgun range you're probably better off using a shotgun, and if you're outside of shotgun range the M39 even with automatic won't likely do anything.

From when TGMC added automatic fire, the best thing about it is the ability to cut your bursts short if you realize you're going to miss or FF. Tapping a friendly once or no times is a lot better than being stuck dumping three/four rounds into their back because of a bad click or someone moving unexpectedly, or throwing your bullets away into the void because you guessed the xeno's route wrong.

Maybe it'll be good for area denial with the mounted M56? Really feel the delay between bursts with that thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want the m41a not to suck. I love the rifle as it is one of the coolest weapons in all of syfi stuff, and they fact that it fires frozen peas hurts my soul.