User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: risk/reward for CAS/OB/mortar/etc?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, blowing up entire buildings with OBs and mortars is a great idea actually, since xenos can't do the lame "haha I am hiding behind a corner and spamming acid/neuro/pounces/grabs at marines" shtick.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limited ammo, using points if you buy more, of course ff and other issues. Sometimes painful incompetence and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also the whole thing with xenos deaths to CAS/OB/mortar being more on xenos being overconfident, incompetent, sloppy or worn out than any sort of skill on the calling marine or the CAS/OB/mortar operator's part.

CAS firemissions, OB and mortar give a hilariously long warning that *should* let any xenos avoid them if they are on the ball. CAS direct fire doesn't, but it requires you to stand close to a signal flare or a red dot for far longer than is healthy - if you didn't want to be gibbed by a fatty, maybe you shouldn't have stood 2 tiles from a red dot for the 15 seconds it takes for a fatty to be called in.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post
    There's also the whole thing with xenos deaths to CAS/OB/mortar being more on xenos being overconfident, incompetent, sloppy or worn out than any sort of skill on the calling marine or the CAS/OB/mortar operator's part.

CAS firemissions, OB and mortar give a hilariously long warning that *should* let any xenos avoid them if they are on the ball. CAS direct fire doesn't, but it requires you to stand close to a signal flare or a red dot for far longer than is healthy - if you didn't want to be gibbed by a fatty, maybe you shouldn't have stood 2 tiles from a red dot for the 15 seconds it takes for a fatty to be called in.
    The only exception to this is the REALLY robust jtac guys can coordinate well enough to make it hard for xenos to even realize they are having it called in on them. I do it all the time as SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    The only exception to this is the REALLY robust jtac guys can coordinate well enough to make it hard for xenos to even realize they are having it called in on them. I do it all the time as SL.
    At that point it's more skill and less the weapons themselves, which is still fair

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah exactly. Ask TrollerNoob how we do it. If you set up your CAS rocket runs properly, you can have the rocket fire on the very last tile of the run, which disguises the sound enough to where it's possible to land direct hit Keepers consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Yeah exactly. Ask TrollerNoob how we do it. If you set up your CAS rocket runs properly, you can have the rocket fire on the very last tile of the run, which disguises the sound enough to where it's possible to land direct hit Keepers consistently.
    Yes I know, I do the same thing