Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So the current winrate...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The fact of the matter is too much of the marine power is based around the PB (and CAS, but that's another problem entirely). If we're acknowledging that PB makes up too much of the meta, then the only way we're going to be able to get past that is to give a real nerf to PBs. We can't buff M41 or other shotgun ammo if Buckshot PBs are too reliable.
    Hmmm... Please, show me PFC weapon (and ammunition) that grants them ability to stop Ancient Runner from slashing once, or twice and then escaping at 50% (outside of Shotgun Buckshot of course). I want to really know because I can only see marines really struggle to defend themselfs from one, or more Ancient Runner, or Lurker "Gangs".
    Please, oh, please, point me a weapon commonly (hell, even from req black market crate) available that can reliably deal with those common T1's and fairly common T2's problems.

Then you will learn, that not only benos have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Make it so PB is not a one-hit kill on Xenos, but still a strong knockback and stun. Robust marines who are only concerned with their KDR will complain of course, but it will open up more design space for both Xenos and Marines by doing so. Balance around a PB that is not the king of all combat, and suddenly you can relocate power out of boilers and into the melee Xeno castes. Without boilers being as prominent, suddenly CBT stops becoming as much of an issue, as melee Xenos are less afraid to directly engage with Marine defenses.
    You know why Slug was nerfed? Because its stun was apparently too long and benos complained (didn't really on the forum, but somebody had to cry a bit on furscord about slugs, since devs had no data on slugs, since nobody short of MOU marines used it). Now you in theory want to balance PB buckshot to deal less damage, but to give it (I guess give it? Or maybe just nerf it again to keep it in line with other weak guns?) longer stun and knockback? It appears that some benoenthusiasts aren't even on the same page, one half cries that damage is too big, other half cries that stun is too big. So this would only solve one problem by creating another. Another that you would also complain.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-12-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    "Slug stun" snip
    I actually can add to this - I've spent many rounds carrying a shotgun with slugs specifically to be a stunner support for marines around me, and that was before the stun time nerf. I managed to stun a lot of xenos and through that I've learned that the stun is worthless unless there's either marines around the xeno to finish it off, OR I can chainstun it, which happened exactly once, due to the xeno being startled and then trying to run away from us in a straight line through a very narrow hallway.

Personally, I don't find the slug stun nerf too bothersome, because even before that it wasn't that great unless in specific conditions. I have no experience with MOU, though, so my experience is limited to the standard pump action.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    I actually can add to this - I've spent many rounds carrying a shotgun with slugs specifically to be a stunner support for marines around me, and that was before the stun time nerf. I managed to stun a lot of xenos and through that I've learned that the stun is worthless unless there's either marines around the xeno to finish it off, OR I can chainstun it, which happened exactly once, due to the xeno being startled and then trying to run away from us in a straight line through a very narrow hallway.

Personally, I don't find the slug stun nerf too bothersome, because even before that it wasn't that great unless in specific conditions. I have no experience with MOU, though, so my experience is limited to the standard pump action.
    Slug was only untility ammunition. No damage, no armor shredding, barerly a second stun and miliseconds of "Shell Shock" on T3's. No point in it being nerfed, it's like nerfing Flechettes, or M39. They are already bad, has maybe one use and function.

It's not that slugs were nerfed and this is what makes me "mad". What makes me "mad" are benomains who complained on furscord to nerf it. It's devmemes who don't play the game. This is what fucks me up the most. Not just the poor decision, but reasons why it was made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes me "mad" are benomains who complained on furscord to nerf it. It's devmemes who don't play the game.
    For sure, I get that. As I said, ideally we would need a solid, thought out proposal for a wide rework, and then a couple weeks of proper testing, instead of tweaks every so often based on current mood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... Please, show me PFC weapon (and ammunition) that grants them ability to stop Ancient Runner from slashing once, or twice and then escaping at 50%
    Flamethrower, anyways if a runner slash 1 or 2 and escapes at 50% the marine won that exchange. 2 slashes does not grant break bones even without armor.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountyontheBounty View Post
    Flamethrower, anyways if a runner slash 1 or 2 and escapes at 50% the marine won that exchange. 2 slashes does not grant break bones even without armor.
    It didn't stop the runner. If runner slashes only once and escape with 1% of HP and lives, it won the encounter, not marine. 2 slashes doesn't have 100% chance to do permanent damage, but with good RNG it can do so. Even if don't and runner escapes at 50% of HP just to be immediately extinguished, it will heal and return. Slashes will add up as 2, then 4, then 6, then 8, then 10.

Flamethrower is the worst possible example you could think of. There is flame RNG, so there exist non-0% chance for beno (thus runner) to not ignite if he gets flamed, or walks trough flame.
    Flamer has slow rate of fire, runner needs to either bait frist flame, or simply dodge it trough its fast movement and addition prediction of where flames will go, as they have travel time.
    Flamer doesn't stop shit, it only applies effect that takes beno HP, many runners even risk going trough the flame to drag some downed marine on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a substantial difference between ignited for walking on flames and getting a direct hit, the latter takes about 60-70% of an ancient runner health plus ignites.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountyontheBounty View Post
    snip
    Trust me, you won't direct hit half-decent runner with a flamer 90% of the time.

Flamer isn't also standard PFC weapon, you have to either spend 45 points in your vendor and not get mini-medic kit, or beg SL/Req for it. Flamer also is more dangerous to marines than it is to benos. With PB buckshot at best you can kill one other marine by accident. With flamer you can die yourself and entire squad, because you flamed escape route and Queen is comming.

Flamer isn't also as usefull, some benos are straigh up immune, or have abilities to extinguish it. Buckshot shotgun is perfect back-up weapon to deal with any beno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience the issues with flamers is the area denial. Even if xenos have some immune castes, that's still only a fraction of their forces. Either way, I personally find flamer terrible for both sides, it just slows things down and keeps both sides from being able to move properly. It would be nice if there was a limit to how many shotguns could be in use or something though. Even if they remain exactly the same otherwise, it seems the main issue is that everyone (or near enough at least) has one loaded up with buckshot to suddenly someone with. That would at least cut down on the sacrifice needed for xenos to attack a group and get some captures barring the all shotgun fireteam. With marines always in groups and always armed to the teeth, it's really rough to get anything done in any facet. Even the boiler and spitter acid spam is only them using the only effective counter to zounds of ranged attack they have available, which is their own meager ranged abilities.

Of course, I'm shit and claim to be nothing else, so that also changes my thoughts.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three month old necropost. The meta has changed from darker days, somewhat. Thread ded