User Tag List

Thread: A question about bodyblocking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about bodyblocking

I understand if a marine wants to block a T1, or maybe a T2, but a T3 that's at least 4-6 times the size of a marine, not to mention pure muscle?

I literally only have one question:

Is this an intended feature? If so, why?
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post
    I understand if a marine wants to block a T1, or maybe a T2, but a T3 that's at least 4-6 times the size of a marine, not to mention pure muscle?

I literally only have one question:

Is this an intended feature? If so, why?
    I have no idea about coding, but from my experience "bodyblocking" is naturally solved with speed. Faster mobs push slower mobs. Runner can push everything short of benos who are coded to not be, like T3's and Queen.
    Only other benos can effectively bodyblock other benos.

All Bodyblocking is doing is slowing down the xeno. Marines are UNABLE to bodyblock, they can only slow benos down as long as beno brainlessly still runs into direction of marine, instead of trying to dodge it.

If it isn't intentional, it should be, as this is one of the two ways of killing cocky Crushers. Crusher overestimates his power and then stops like a pussy, trying to retreat. You step on his path and it is slowed down a bit. He can still slash you, still disarm you, grab you and move you away, go tile in other direction, or just act like a retard and still go into your direction, then die and cry acid tears, melting floor and thus venting whole planet of oxygen, so all marines suffocate and benos win.
    Do I have to remind that Crusher can break your skull with one slash even if you have helmet on and 100% HP?

Just as I have a Questions:

Why Slug was nerfed?
    Why there is no Heavy variants of Helmets, Gloves and Boots?

We both either won't get response, or benos will prevail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an intended feature, because otherwise those bad T3s won't get punished. Good players won't fall for the bodyblock because well, they're good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I tried to bodyblock a crusher the other day and he just pushed me back to Xeno lines pretty effortlessly. I wasn't sure of there was a change of code, I was lagging, or maybe just didn't notice I was paincrit maybe? I mean, I wasn't salty because it was a true Vanguard's honor to die trying to bodyblock a T3, but I was a little confused.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Hmm, I tried to bodyblock a crusher the other day and he just pushed me back to Xeno lines pretty effortlessly. I wasn't sure of there was a change of code, I was lagging, or maybe just didn't notice I was paincrit maybe? I mean, I wasn't salty because it was a true Vanguard's honor to die trying to bodyblock a T3, but I was a little confused.
    You have to shove back. Basically spamming the key against him.

What is actually happening in a body block is: he pushes you a tile backwards, you step back into that tile, you push him a tile backwards, he steps back in. Etc.

Otherwise he just pushes you.

This was a big thing before the pain rework. A runner would break your leg, youd be super slow from pain; then he would "push" you like 30 tiles in a few seconds into an egg or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pushing back, unless simply holding the move button is not enough like everywhere else? Lords know I bodyblock other marines all the time just by walking into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pushing back, unless simply holding the move button is not enough like everywhere else? Lords know I bodyblock other marines all the time just by walking into them.
    You can't push T3s, which means you were just blocking him slightly while he was pushing you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've definately done that as a crusher, and I agree the circumstances under which it happens are hard to determine.

Age likely makes a big difference, as older crushers are significantly faster out of charge. As mentioned, you don't actually push a crusher, you can just keep moving back into the tile it's trying to move into. If it gets to that tile first though it will just be able to push you to the next tile, and so on.
    Last edited by Surimi; 02-15-2020 at 11:12 AM.