Cpkeyes - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Cpkeyes

Marine Name
    Tabatha Ahuva 'Taco' Cody

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Othab-Gi

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    It is said that Othab-Gi nearly killed his mother during his birth, the young blood being born larger than most and continuing to grow until finally resting at an impressive 9 feet and seven inches in height along with slab like muscular that gives him both great strength and reach. Othab-Gi was the first son of his father by his twentieth wife. Othab himself was not born on the great and holy homeworld of the Yautja, nor any of the species greatest colonies, but a simple backwater that was the home of an exiled clan for a misdeed his family does not remember.

Despite this, Othab’s father has always hunted with great honor and skill, making due with his more limited equipment with cunning strategies and traps. Othab can’t remember a single dishonorable action his father has committed and it has influenced him greatly. His father also greatly respected humans, seeing them as a more cunning prey then xenomorphs. Othab agrees with his father, enjoying hunting humans more than xenomorphs.

Othab is a very tall, if slow, Predator. Standing at over 10 feet tall and muscular, Othag cuts a very imposing figure, through his flesh is mostly unscarred as evidence in his lack of experience in hunting.

---
    The prey’s blue uniforms were a foolish choice of camouflage and they moved with the lack of trained grace of their more armored foes as they moved in a V-like formation through the ruined streets, the concrete scarred with bullet holes and craters caused by artillery, the buildings that once were part of a residential block were not ruined tombs of the families that called them home. However despite this damage, they seemed to have a strong sense of belief in their cause and despite the fact some of them lacked even basic armor did not seem to deter them. Perhaps the ruined city, the sound of gunfire still screaming through the streets and tracers from AA guns streaming through the cloudy sky, emboldened their spirits. Gave them something to fight for. Was he wasting time with these fools? Perhaps, but the reason for stalking them was more than a hunt-Was for revenge. Scanning in his nest that used to be a common room in an apartment, the owners now dead, their bodies decaying under the collapsed roof over their bed. It was a small apartment, with only the most basic of necessities. A human sniper used to be here, his broken body now lying on the street. Cloaked, Othab scanned the squad, searching for his target, finding him speaking into a radio, posture relaxed and scarred face neutral. He wore a necklace of dog tags and ears, piercings on both his lip and nose. His black hair was cut to the scalp, barely visible and he wore those strange black glasses humans seemed to love.

That was the man who killed his friend, that was the man who was going to die painfully today. Othab exited onto a balcony through a broken glass door, taking great care to not step on any broken glass. Still cloaked, he climbed over the railing and dropped to the ground, a wince of pain stabbing through his leg as he landed. He turned around, moving with a swiftness something of his size shouldn’t have, until he was hidden in the darkness of an alleyway, stepping over the body of one of the humans comrades, his guts spilled all over the concrete and left arm a red ruin.

Othab waited, plasma caster fully charging as he lined up the targeting reticule on his targets head, counting in his head. His target seemed to not be aware of his imminent demise, laughing as he rested a cigarette in his mouth and brought out a zippo. He began to light his cigarette.

Othab fired, praying to the gods that his shot would be true. Although it was only seconds, milliseconds if that, it felt like hours as he watched the plasma bolt soare to it’s target who was oblivious as he took a long drag. Then his head exploded into gore, his comrades screaming and bringing their guns to bare. Othab smiled, thinking better of drawing his wrist blades. He had done his task, he avenged his friend.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Othab is a cautious and stealthy hunter, preferring to remain in the shadows, observing his targets and keeping tabs on them before striking at the best possible moment. Though he still shares a hotheadedness with his fellow young bloods, Othab is willing and able to be both patient and cunning. However, he is also rather vengeful, if a fellow hunter is killed by either xenos or human, he will attempt at all cost to avenge his fallen ally. Othad is also very curious about humanity, keeping souvenirs and trinkets he finds on his journeys.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is between a hunter and worth prey, conducted with melee weapons and is a one on one affair with no outside interference, healing or cowardice. The winner may give the loser mercy if they see fit, returning the loser to safety. Said rules to not apply to hunts, were as long as the prey is worthy, a Predator may use any tools he sees fit.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Othab prefers hunting alone, but he is willing to hunt with a fellow predator, especially a more experienced one. He tends to be courteous to his fellow Yautja and if they ever fall during a hunt, he will avenge their death, as he expects the same to be done for him.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I am curious to see how the Predator role plays in CM, have been for a while now. I always wanted to see how their gear worked, how their rounds play out and what their tactics are (if any, this is CM after all). I also just like the idea of being a Predator, observing a round and hunting prey I find worthy of my time.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, glaring issue is that your Predator avenged one of his friends? That is not what Yautja do. Yes some do that but they are mainly classed as bad bloods if I am not wrong.

To Clarify exactly, your predator used weaponry that would only be used for dishonorable prey (Plasma Caster that instantly kills the prey.) while hunting down a worthy prey.
    Last edited by Ordosian; 02-16-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post

To Clarify exactly, your predator used weaponry that would only be used for dishonorable prey (Plasma Caster that instantly kills the prey.) while hunting down a worthy prey.
    Alright, I knew I shouldn't have been lazy with but like, I wanted to finish this up and didn't want to go through some long fight scene that I wasn't sure was going to be good. Hence why I just had him use a plasma caster.

The thing I'm trying to get with this Pred is that he's still inexperienced to reflect my lack of experience OOCly.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short story where your pred breaks HC. IG itd be quite a serious break too. I suggest reading HC more indepth, read some accepted apps and spend some times where you can watching other pred players. Itll be a no from me this time sorry -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some problems with this. Yautja don't see revenge as a thing, at least not in seeking revenge over lost comrades. Yautja operate on the belief that if you're not strong enough to survive, then you deserved to die, simple as that. Your story is also very short, far to short for that matter. You also started off by describing your character as some hulking monstrosity, I would suggest more humility in your character creation. And most importantly, this story tells me almost nothing about your character, accept that he sees revenge as a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to apologize! I've already noted the error and will get working on fixing it next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I have some problems with this. Yautja don't see revenge as a thing, at least not in seeking revenge over lost comrades. Yautja operate on the belief that if you're not strong enough to survive, then you deserved to die, simple as that. Your story is also very short, far to short for that matter. You also started off by describing your character as some hulking monstrosity, I would suggest more humility in your character creation. And most importantly, this story tells me almost nothing about your character, accept that he sees revenge as a thing.
    "You also started off by describing your character as some hulking monstrosity, I would suggest more humility in your character creation" I was more thinking he was just a tall Predator then a monstrosity. Making taller then average characters is kinda my thing. On the short length, I'm not a good prose writer (I write comics, but I don't think that's acceptable) so I wanted to keep it short as to not induce suffering. I also kinda struggled with the character, since I typically make character traits up as I play them.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given this some thought and am going to ask that you reapply in a months time. Next time you apply I would like to see a bit of a better story, and a more fleshed out character. Also, I was looking for input from the council and the Pred community, unfortunately they seemingly could not provide any. This isn't to say that you aren't a bad player, but perhaps you should get your name out there more and get people to know you better.

I do mean it when I say "Please apply again in a month"