Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xenos Evolve 2-4x as Fast

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Just to note, Neth has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to get rid of maturity stats entirely because they cause two major problems:

1. Young xenos would just wait around the nest doing nothing until they matured. That's bad game design.

2. Metarushes were caused by the Xenos being too weak within the first 40 minutes of the game to hold off marines. Fixing maturity goes a long ways towards a holistic, unintrusive way of stopping metarushes.
    It's pretty intrusive to have all the xenos be ancient by the time you fight them, have them roll over the marine force all the way back to the partially-built FOB, and then kill everyone at the FOB.

A single young boiler spamming neuro at a chokepoint is enough to stall the marines for well over an hour anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    It's pretty intrusive to have all the xenos be ancient by the time you fight them, have them roll over the marine force all the way back to the partially-built FOB, and then kill everyone at the FOB.

A single young boiler spamming neuro at a chokepoint is enough to stall the marines for well over an hour anyway.
    People are the biggest babies above balance in this game, I swear to god.

"Waah We're losing to the Xenos sometimes now because they strawng!"

Guess what? The games not meant to have perfect balance. Do you know what the Devs do when they see people whunging about "It's not fun when I die to ancient Rav!"? They ignore it because it's shit criticism. It's just whining because you don't like to lose sometimes. No one cares except the rest of the "Marine's lost, time to whine on the forum" circle jerkers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno maturity is currently bugged due to the maturity rate multiplier increasing over time during the round rather than decreasing which was introduced to a patch changed by one of our developers who did not encounter the issue during local testing. A fix has already been written and merged and is in the development branch where we have to deal with other bugs and runtimes before we can ship it out onto the live server permanently. The bug was made known to the public via discord by multiple devs.

Incendiary weapon backend was recently tweaked to correctly show the flame color based on the values given to it by the weapons that used it. This means that previous stats for mortar and grenades are the same as they used to be in all aspects but appearance.

As for stealth nerfs and buffs I'll say it again, we have it written in our dev COC to always document all player facing changes, and any changes that slip through only happen via human error. When players bring up missing changes in the changelog they have always been brought up to the relevant people internally to let them know. While I don't personally attend town halls I can tell you that quote is incorrect.

I can only say that after reading the comments made in this thread some of you should take a step back from the game and chill the fuck out. Y'all are acting way too entitled for what is quite literally a free to play game run by unpaid people.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Xeno maturity is currently bugged due to the maturity rate multiplier increasing over time during the round rather than decreasing which was introduced to a patch changed by one of our developers who did not encounter the issue during local testing. A fix has already been written and merged and is in the development branch where we have to deal with other bugs and runtimes before we can ship it out onto the live server permanently. The bug was made known to the public via discord by multiple devs.

Incendiary weapon backend was recently tweaked to correctly show the flame color based on the values given to it by the weapons that used it. This means that previous stats for mortar and grenades are the same as they used to be in all aspects but appearance.

As for stealth nerfs and buffs I'll say it again, we have it written in our dev COC to always document all player facing changes, and any changes that slip through only happen via human error. When players bring up missing changes in the changelog they have always been brought up to the relevant people internally to let them know. While I don't personally attend town halls I can tell you that quote is incorrect.

I can only say that after reading the comments made in this thread some of you should take a step back from the game and chill the fuck out. Y'all are acting way too entitled for what is quite literally a free to play game run by unpaid people.
    Why announce this through discord, instead of the changelog? You can't say the discord is public when it's so easy to get banned from it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why announce this through discord, instead of the changelog? You can't say the discord is public when it's so easy to get banned from it.
    It's so easy to not get banned too

We don't use the changelog for announcements.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord is public, if you manage to get banned there, you prooobably should be banned from the game as well

we don't cater to people who cannot behave

this entire topic is "how can we bitch about devs today", and it really burns out a few of us

can you guys go do something with your lives instead of this pointless shittalking, we had an issue, we fixed it, we announced it, move on

I honestly cannot understand why some of you all feel so incredibly entitled
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're done here.

If you want to air your grievances, find a productive way to do that isn't shitting all over volunteer workers who are just as human and just as fallible as everyone else in this thread.