Kiha - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Kihatomay

Marine Name
    Sam McFarlin, AV-XXX

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Dhadrache

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Dhadrache was born as a suckling to a Blooded who was considered a 'fool' and a 'cheat', as during his initiation Hunt he and another Youngblood ended up killing the same serpent. It was unknown which of them stole the kill, but it ended up with them fighting to prove which of them was the better warrior. Nrachate, Dhadrache's father, was the victor, however he landed a killing blow upon the other Youngblood, that, while not dishonorable, was frowned upon heavily, resulting in his muddied reputation. This rubbed off on his offspring's reputation to be potential problems, such as Dhadrache. However, due to this, Dhadrache spent much more of his time training and preparing himself for the day of his initiaton Hunt, ignoring the taunts and challenges of his clansmen to not lose time or become wounded. This damaged his reputation further, but he paid it no mind, for he would prove himself when the time truly came. And it would, for on the dawn of the day of his initiation Hunt, his Leader brought him and his peers to the sacred temple where they had bred the serpents and the Hunt began.

It was time to prove his worth. It looked promising, as he observed another Youngblood take down what looked to be a standard serpent, he knew he would find one for himself, so he pressed onwards, going deeper into the winding halls of the temple. He had yet to be near one of the creatures, which proved a hindrance, for he only knew he had been followed when he heard the scraping talons against the floor and the thud of a powerful whipping tail almost knocked him off balance. Whipping around, he slammed his lesser wristblades into the creature's neck with all of his might, however it was much larger than the one he saw the other Youngblood take down. The breeding must have been done quite some time ago, he thought briefly as he lept backwards for distance and realized his blades had melted. The equipment he wielded was for the trial, not the advanced, serpentblood resistant equipment of a true Blooded. No matter, he was prepared for this. It scuttled upon wall like an insect as it continued it's relentless pursuit, and it was now that he noticed an anomalous feature on the beast, tusks lunged forwards and pierced his abdomen painfully, eliciting a roar from Dhadrache and instigating a thunderous kick that sent it sprawling backwards again, one tusk broken off from the force. He shook his head to steel himself and focused his sights upon the beast, noting it was moving already, trying to close their distance once more. As the large serpent rushed forwards, acid slavering from it's maw, he lept to meet it, gripping it's sinuous forearms and employing his might to slam it against the wall. It must have had a concussive result, for it hesitated, and Dhadrache took that window of opportunity to bring both fists down upon the beast's head, smashing it open like a fruit. The spray of acidic blood was akin to that of the juices that burst from a fruit, melting at the stone around him, and causing a burning sensation to encase his hands, much to his disdain. He knew his body would neutralize the acid before any true damage was done, but his hands were now marred and singed a ruddy color compared to the yellow-brown tint of the rest of his body. He flared his mandibles in anger but realized the size of the creature now and finally fully recognized it's tusks, after looking upon it's dead form. It was far larger than the one he had seen earlier, and tusks were something not present upon the bred serpents used in initiations he knew of. That would explain the ferocity it displayed. Regardless, it was time to return with his kill to the Leader at the atrium. But it would not be so easy.

An explosion rung through the halls of the temple as he was hoisting up the corpse, his senses heightening as a result, his mind on alert. Why an explosion?, he thought as he hurried with his prize towards the atrium. Something felt wrong as he moved, and he stopped short, dropping the corpse of the serpent to the ground as footfalls that seemed intent on being quiet came from around the turn he was about to take. Narrowing his focus, Dhadrache spotted the despised black-grey and red armor of the Killer in front of him. Had one come for petty vengeance? He knew now he would be fighting for his life, as well as why the tusked serpent was present. Without hesitation he swung, catching the turning Killer off guard and smashing his fist painfully into the head of his enemy. This one must have already been in a fight, as it's helmet featured a cracked faceplate and it looked like it was having trouble maintaining balance after the blow. Dhadrache pressed his advantage, stomping upon the Killer's foot and pushing him, making him fall over awkwardly when his pinned foot did not follow his center mass. "You dishonor the Code!", he roared as he pulled free a combistick from the stunned Killer's belt and extended it, impaling them through the head just above the right brow, a splatter of glowing neon green coating the wall and ground nearby. Exhaling heavily, Dhadrache ripped the spear from his dead foe and retracted it. He needed to return to the Leader. Hoisting the corpse of the Killer over a shoulder and dragging his prize by it's tail, he made his way to the Atrium where he found himself filled with rage, his Leader dead from what looked to be blaster fire to the head.

The Adjutants were crouched over the fallen body of the Leader and turned to witness Dhadrache as he arrived and threw the dead Killer to the ground before him. One of them spoke up, "You have done well, Youngblood, but we were interrupted during our Hunt by the disgraceful Killers, the one who did this to the Leader has escaped, but there are more, they have found our colony. We must return.", he said as they all walked back to the transport. Only three Youngblood survived, the others slain by the Killers that the fallen Leader, Adjutants, and Dhadrache had killed. With his prize secure on the transport, he had time to think before they arrived home. Would he too find disgrace that the Leader was assassinated during the Hunt? His thoughts were repressed for now by the sound of the hatch opening, revealing a battle-scarred village with several Killers strewn about, and a handful of fallen Hunters being wounded or prepared for honorable burial at the pyramid. The day came to a close with a morale-boosting ritual initiation for the surviving Youngblood to become Blooded, and the ascension of one of the Adjutants to be the new Leader. However pride filled Dhadrache's heart, for he had succeeded in earning prestige despite his father's hindering reputation.

In the following years, Dhadrache proved to be an exceptionally efficient and deadly hunter, and his actions never strayed from the Honor Code, his choices meticulous in order to differentiate himself as a complete opposite of his father Nrachate. One of his more revered feats being when he successfully tracked down the marooned Killer that had slain the Leader, bringing vengeance upon the dishonorable coward and keeping the Killer's bio-helmet as a trophy that would remain on his prize rack in memory of the judgement he brought down upon the Killer. He attracted the attention of many females with which he mated, so far having a total of 42 sucklings in his lineage. In eventual recognition of his feats, he was awarded the status of Elite, after which he decided to take upon more difficult tasks for his clan, flying a ship of his own now, with which he heads to many places, finding and hunting much worthy prey as he performs tasks only fit for Elites, while occasionally returning to his home to mate and congregate with his clan, or witness new initiation Hunts, something he enjoys almost as much as the Hunt, for it is witnessing the next generation of honorable warriors.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Dhadrache is extremely insistent on followinf the Code of Honor. His early years were unpleasant due to his father's lack of respect for the Code, and so he strives to live and breathe by it, to the point he heckles and hates those who stray from it.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is not a part of the Hunt. It is a test of combat prowess between a Yautja and someone who they see as a worthy opponent wherein they fight on equal grounds, without healing or fleeing to interrupt the flow of combat nor escaping to continue later. Hunting is to obtain prizes, and is also for enjoyment. A Yautja would not handicap himself during a hunt except for when certain conditions are met, and unlike in duels, usage of ranged technology is not frowned upon as heavily, if at all.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Dradache is not anti-social, and sees value in interaction. I will make my presence known to the others, and treat them with respect unless they give me a reason not to. Comparison of prizes with another hunter, or seeking a craftsman for repairs and a chat, are good examples of something he would do.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I really like the Yautja. I've bought the dark horse comics, and binged countless hours of speculation lore videos. But most of all it's because I feel like the Yautja are the highest roleplay role on the server, and I want to really provide a memorable experience every time I interact with another player.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No
    Last edited by Kiha; 02-14-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story itself is well written. The CONTENT of the story is abit.... lets say self pleasing. Youve basically made out that your pred is some kinda god tier hunter. Not to mention in the past weve asked preds to avoid making themselves "elites" or elders (mainly elders but id personally extend it to the elite rank too especially now its a thing) Youre bloodedas a pred. So even if you were accepted you pred wouldnt be an "elite". And the whole "42 sucklings" part is frankly just unneeded and dosent add much to the story. Just seems very self glorifying which isnt a good look for pred players imo. Since i dont know you myself i cant speak on your IG status so ill wait for some more feedback before giving my final judgement
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! So, I was not aware of the lack of elite status being allowed, if I could, I'd gladly edit the story to change that, and well, I added the sucklings and other mundane things to show my understanding of Yautja society, I don't intend to play as some flawless god-tier hunter, and I'm apologetic that it came across that way. I meant to show Dhadrache's obsession with being different from his father, by training and self perfection via the Code. I hope it doesn't sully your view of me as a player or story-teller, and I look forward to further feedback.
    Last edited by Kiha; 02-17-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, Kihatomay

I appreciate your application however, you simply have far to low of play time on the server in the last 6 months to consider your application at this time. Since August, you only have 12.48hrs. This is simply not enough.

I ask that you please be more active in the community and get some more play time in.

This application is denied.