User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can We Please Get Map Rotation Instead of Voting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just randomize it based on % of votes. If 100 votes were cast, as the easiest example, each vote increases odds of selection by 1%.

Then people on here will just argue that Devs are secret xenomains though and fixed the RNG to benefit Xenomaps. Hmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Or just randomize it based on % of votes. If 100 votes were cast, as the easiest example, each vote increases odds of selection by 1%.

Then people on here will just argue that Devs are secret xenomains though and fixed the RNG to benefit Xenomaps. Hmm....
    That was how I put my suggestion on gitlab but it was downvoted because it was "bad" or some dumb shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    That was how I put my suggestion on gitlab but it was downvoted because it was "bad" or some dumb shit
    Because it's RNG. You can have 99 people vote for Big Red and 1 people vote for Ice and it'll be possible for Ice to get picked even though 99 votes went to Big Red. The current system works fine.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 02-15-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe if the other maps were designed for gameplay and not to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and in return for that effort being laggy as hell (SOROS)

or being huge mega complexity's that don't work because of how marine v xeno gameplay works (CORSAT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some maps should have the tank disabled, because it really makes no sense to deploy a tank in a tight corridor prison station (unrelated but once the APC releases I think the tank should be removed again). Also, all the new maps have been huge when smaller and more compact maps might be a better idea.

It might be a good idea to also show/hide certain maps from the vote based on whether the server is currently low/med/high pop. That way you're not playing the giant maps with not enough players for it to be viable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *flashbacks to mapdaemon making LV happen for literal weeks until apop fixed it*
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexGaming View Post
    *flashbacks to mapdaemon making LV happen for literal weeks until apop fixed it*
    that was before mapdaemon existed where headstaff would just leave it on the same map for weeks at a time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    that was before mapdaemon existed where headstaff would just leave it on the same map for weeks at a time
    I remember begging daddy apophis to change the map to ice because I wanted to try out the new map.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying fuck democracy, but... fuck democracy.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!