Date of Incident
    February 14, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Fay "Swiss" Sandys

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown.

Accused Character Name
    William 'Mengele' Crimson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10 AM EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Violation in Marine Law

Description of the incident:
    I was the CMP. After an evacuation, the captain said on MP comms to guard the Alamo. Me and Brett went there and then the queen launched it. I was around the cockpit and after Alamo launched, the Captain told me to get off. I couldn't get off, of course, and held DS1 with the marines. After we killed the queen, me and 2-3 other marines went to rendevouz with DS2. The main force was not there anymore and Normandy was guarded by two marines that were getting gangbanged by 3 runners and a sentinel. We helped them and I launched Normandy back to the Almayer. I was then set to arrest by Brett and when asked why, he said the Captain arrested me for "Neglect of Duty". Okay, I wanted to appeal, the captain came and started calling me "disgraceful worm" and things like that... after I saved two marines and killed the queen. Yes, my job as MP/CMP is not to frontline, but my orders were to guard DS1 and I did. Another thing is the Captain announced to return back to the ship, but I was already going with the DS2 back to Normandy, so basically I followed orders.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://gyazo.com/a52e0c569d0f770850b434fb37d83983
    (me saying I'm coming with DS2 back up and AFTER that, the captain announcing to return)

CPT William 'Mengele' Crimson says, "You're a disgrace.
    CPT William 'Mengele' Crimson says, "Disgusting cretin."

SSGT Brett McMatherson says, "CMP was demoted to passenger as per order of Captain Crimson."

Couldn't get my radio messages saying that I deployed, and THEN the captain telling me to get out of the dropship. The logs will clear that.

How you would punish the accused:
    Up to the whitelist council.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll make this quick.

You were ordered to guard the ship, which we had a hostile on.

You literally refused my direct order for YOU to guard the dropship, deciding to contest my orders.

Due to not listening to my direct order, an arguing it, you ended up being sent to the LZ.

Upon landing at the LZ, you decide to go in to direct combat, rather than returning shipside as the order would dictate, even if I allowed you to remain planetside, the MPs job was specifically to guard the cockpit, move KIA marines and move intel.

That is a second count of insubordination. MP Brett McMatherson mentioned something along the lines as a request to arrest, or asking me if I wished to have him arrested,

I approved it/ordered it (I was in CIC alone so I was running the whole operation as the XO was on the frontlines with my SOs).

My character was furious that you left him alone with a hostile which was lurking around the CIC (I think it even tried to kill me at this point, or maybe its after, it was a long round but I went TOE to TOE with it at the CIC, if I died the operation would have had 0 CIC support unless CE randomly checked it out) and you proceeded to give me backchat, after I was only bumping you down to SSGT as you obviously couldnt be trusted with your duties, as such i decided to bump you were demoted to civilian for the gross incompetence.

The whole point where you were ordered BACK up to the ship was after you had commit the crimes in question, so Im unsure why that is being cited as evidence.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I was playing as Brett McMatherson, MP, this round.

Marines have lost LZ1 and Crimson gave order to board Alamo to all non-wounded marines and generally ship crew (REQ, civillians and department heads were told not to deploy, as far as I remember) I already has gear on me and went straight to Alamo, CMP came to Alamo after me. MPs were told to guard Alamo and not to join marines in attack blob.

I would like to say, that my memory is not very reliable source of information, so I can be wrong in some thing (For example, in timings).

As far as I remember, CMP announced, that he is deploying too. I would say, that, once more according to my memory, he had enough time to get off Alamo. He had small talk with CO and me, when Alamo launched, where I said, that someone should stay shipside, to which he replied "Brett should". I do not have anything against staying shipside, if I will be ordered to do so by CO or CMP, however, by this part of my reply I mean, that CMP had enough time to get off.

After this small talk Alamo PO click "Launch" button and Alamo started to take off. CMP claimed, that he did not have enough time and I was willing to trust him. After landing a couple of xenos tried to rush Alamo, including Empress, and were killed. After Empress was killed CMP went somewhere outside of Alamo and I went to NanoMed to heal a bit. I saw CMP coming to Alamo once more to receive treatment and once more leaving it to do something outside.

When Alamo PO launched ship again (It took around 6 minutes for him to do, maybe 7) CMP was not on board and I do not have any idea, where he was. As soon as Alamo was in air I contacted Crimson and asked for permission to arrest CMP for leaving Alamo. He agreed, that we should arrest CMP and told CMP on command comms (planetside comms were down at the moment) to return to Almayer. Ten second later he included it into announcement, so CMP could see it. By the time, CMP was told to return, his arrest was already authorised.

After it, Sandys announced on command comms, that he is returning to Almayer on Normandy. I went to Normandy and arrested him. Generally speaking he complied with arrest and requested appeal (he was given 15 minutes without demotion). Crimson came to brig to listen to Sandy's appeal and after denying appeal he decided on the behest of General Article to terminate Sandys. Sandys was demoted by me to the "Passenger", part of his belongings was confiscated and he was released as soon as his timer was up.

P.S: I am quite sure, that lurker got on board of Almayer after Sandys was arrested and served his time. Lurker was not on board, when Alamo launched with me and Sandys on board.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "you were ordered to guard the ship, which had a hostile on"
    That runner was killed by me south of req.

Why did I move to LZ2? You sent it down and, as LZ1 was secured, decided to move to LZ2 to check it out. There, I found 2 marines fighting with 4 xenos and helped them get out of there by launching LZ2. They were not the frontlines and my intent wasn't to go unga on the xenos, but protected other marines. BEFORE seeing that, I actually began moving bodies from the hallway to DS2 with the other marines, so I followed your orders. After we moved all of the bodies to Normandy, the whole runner gang started to come and launched Normandy.

So, to sum it all up, I deployed because I was ordered to stay on Alamo and when you said to get off, I indeed argued but in a RP way and then the ship launched. I moved to LZ2 because LZ1 was safe with 3 marines, dragged bodies for intel on the Normandy, rescued two other marines and came back safe.

(posting this after Rals put his point of view)

I was in the middle of typing and when the Alamo was launched by the Queen, I RPed saying something along the lines: "Alamo's launching!", this resembles indirectly my character's confusion and how he "froze" during the situation, not knowing what to do. I got out of the Alamo to drag dead people into the LZ and shot a ravager/spitter while they were attacking other marines. I was not on Alamo when it launched because I was dragging dead people near the dorms(?, don't know the area, between the main hallways and LZ2) into Normandy. The GIF I uploaded states clearly I announced I was coming back BEFORE the captain announced that I need to come back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be gathering Logs for this within 24 Hours
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A runner onboard before everything
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Order for the MPs to get on the alamo
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Announcement Excluding the CMP
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP Refusing/arguing about orders
    Spoiler Spoiler:

DS1 Launches
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP begins fighting planetside, queen dies, CO is announcing the fight as it happens/giving orders (Note I omitted alot of dragging logs as they were repetitive, I assure you the CMP did ALOT of dragging moving corpses around)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Im assuming the DS1 is launching from planetside and the CMP is getting left behind?/CMP heading towards DS2 to head shipside
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Brett and the CO talking about the CMP and Arresting
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP getting Arrested
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP talking to the CO after/while being arrested
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP's Appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

LOOC after the appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Brett faxing about the CMP's termination
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ex CMP faxing about his termination
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP's ahelp on the situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Solidfury getting messaged from felix about the situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Im pretty sure I got everything, there was a lot to look through. I omitted a few conversations I didn't see relevant so if anything IS missing tell me around what time stamp and what its about and ill look for. Ill also say again the CMP was dragging corpses I just omitted a lot of the logs because they were repetitive
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scsnv will make the call if this really requires the COUNCIL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for context: In part "Im assuming the DS1 is launching from planetside and the CMP is getting left behind?/CMP heading towards DS2 to head shipside" I was screaming at a bit new PO, who tought, that he cannot launch Alamo, when door lockdown (I mean, Queen door lockdown, when POs are not able to lock doors for 10 minutes) is in effect. PO (or someone from Almayer) managed to launch Alamo only at [09:23:09] when I was screaming: "Brett McMatherson: PRESS THIS BIG LAUNCH BUTTON".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, this doesn't necessarily require the council, but I got heavily warned for doing almost the same thing. I don't know how to explain, but it's like Prevarication, arrested a marine as CMP who was then found innocent by a senior mod. We all do mistakes, after all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is, your actions were at the very least, insubordination.

As the logs show, you refused to get off the dropship when directed twice, once by announcement and once in person. Which caused you to be sent down.

Then you disobeyed orders to guard the dropship 1, and went in to combat.

You refused direct and lawful orders from your CO, which you refused on comms directly which is a biggggg nono, and as such. You were detained and stripped off you rank and station as you didn't meet the standard I expect of my MPs.

Prevarication implies you didn't commit a crime, which objectively you did, multiple times.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: