Ugnip55 - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Ugnip55

Marine Name
    Joe Dafoe

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Nall'kro-thuill

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I have not been banned in the past month, nor am I currently banned from any other servers.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am.

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I look around the room, the chair beneath me making a squeaking sound as I rotate my body slightly. The room is dusty as always. The brown floor covered with splatters of blood, most likely due to some idiotic youngling, and the stew in my bowl looking as tasteless as ever. No time is wasted before I consume the entire, huge bowl of slop. Everyone, including myself, get up from their seating and walk up to the elders.

The elders stand on what you could call a pedestal, looking at us, standing tall. Each elder had a darker color than the average Yautja, furthering them as intimidating idols, I’d say. “The blood trials… shall commence!”, they exclaimed in a serious manner, eyes flicking from one end of the room to another as they do so. Small jitters and mumbling is given off by the other younglings. They seemed worried. But honestly?

It was about time. The elders finally consider me and the other younglings «worthy» for a blood trial. I am certain that I have always been worthy for a trial, more so than any other youngling, but I won’t say anything about it yet. Me and four other younglings are being sent to an Ice Giant dubbed «Kiande ju’dha».

“A dangerous venture awaits you, younglings!” they yell out loud, their mandibles clicking together as they speak. “As part of the struggle and journey, we will not give you any forethought of what you may found down there, just know that any creature you DO find and successfully dispatch will result in you being blooded”, they say in a normal voice for once, stepping down from the pedestal, towards me. They continue: “All creatures down there are highly dangerous, no matter how they may look”.

At this point, they are but a few inches away from me, some saliva dripping out of their mouth. Eventually, they call us off and send us into our ship's weapon room. I realize that, as a conclusion, they gave us little to no information other than the supposed danger of the planet. I walk up to my equipment storage, looking at the almost empty, wooden cabinet, green layers of mold growing on the right side of it.

We are allowed one general weapon, two pieces of equipment, a lighter, cut-down version of armor and a bio-helmet. No gauntlet, however, which I found acceptable. As all the other younglings hoard their equipment and hold it close, clinging onto it pathetically, I grab a clan sword, and put on my bio-helmet with a light click of my mandibles.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Nall'kro-thuill is a highly arrogant Yautja. They solemly believe that they are one of, if not the best of his kind. Due to them believing that they are the best however, they also believe that they can take any challenge head-on, often being downright reckless in their pursuits. Even though their behaviour is reckless, they still hold quite a bit of respect for their prey, arguably more so towards their prey than other predators who they mostly deem inferior.

So in essence I will be playing my predator as cocky and reckless as he can be. I will aim to not think much about the risks before attacking prey (while of course still making sure that said prey are worthy). This may lead to a quicker death for my Yautja, which I feel can also initiate some interesting roleplay for the xenomorphs, humans and other predators (gear recovery).

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Hunts are very important for the Yautja, and as such is a large part of their culture. In a hunt, the Yautja hunt dangerous creatures for glory, honor and for sport. Examples of hunted creatures are humans and xenomorphs, who have both proven to be highly dangerous. The Yautja therefore like to hunt these two in particular, and they are allowed to use any equipment as they see fit, though some tend to refrain from advanced technology due to it being even more honorable and dangerous.

An honor duel is a duel between a predator and another creature, such as humans and xenomorphs, who have proven themselves especially dangerous and worthy, so much so as to impress the predator. The predator can initiate a duel between themselves and another creature, but they have to give them a weapon they can fight back with appropriately, such as a machete or something similar. A predator must refrain from using any weapons but those of the melee kind.

In an honor duel, it is okay for the victor to show mercy to their opponent. In exhange, it's often expected that the loser gives a reward, such as a trophy (limbs/non-fatal wounds, clothing etc), or in the case of a predator losing, technology or various weaponry.

Predators can also duel other predators. An example of when this could happen is if one predator especially dishonored or disrespected a predator or their work, the predators may initiate an honor duel between the two.

I'd say that the main difference I see between a hunt and an honor duel is both in formality and respect. There is less respect for the opponent in a hunt than there is in an honor duel, where the predator may see them as almost equal or equal to their skill level, and are thus granting them a more brutal but fair fight.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    My predator is as said highly arrogant. He is likely to get angry if predators make fun of him or his ability excessively, but isn't directly hostile. He is bound to brag about his own abilities, and will usually try to make himself seem better than any of the other predators they are conversing with. For example, if a predator brags to my predator about their accomplishments, it is highly likely that my predator will try to brag about something even bigger in return, trying to make their accomplishment mediocre compared to my predator's accomplishment.

I feel as if this in itself can cause some interesting roleplay between other predators and mine, where they aggressively compete with one another instead of "friendly" sport. Don't mistake this as being impossible to talk to, however. As long as the predator in question respects my predator, and doesn't brag too much, my predator won't have an issue with them.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    First off, I'd like to experience roleplaying a different, humanoid species on the server, and I feel like I could bring quite interesting roleplay to the table, both towards xenomorphs and humans, but also other predators. I am also what you could call a Corporate Liaison main (sorry), hence why I want this role even more, due to me feeling that predators are held to a higher standard, where it is likely that it can be an easier task to form and participate in roleplay scenarios.

Including this, I have been a large fan of the AvP, Predator, and the Alien universe in general for a long time now. The predators in particular peaked my interest, which is another reason why I'd like to get the chance to play as one.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    No

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, before you mention it. I have been an on and off part of the community since 2017, but my forum activity has never really been that high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is engaging, I like it and I see no major problems with it and I have seen you around and you seem alright to me so that is a another plus in my book. You stay out of trouble from having a glance at your notes so overall, I believe this to be a solid app and will have no problem throwing my +1 in.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Also-- second to last question should be "Yes" not "No". Seems I misclicked.
    Last edited by Ugnip55; 02-17-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had multiple heavy roleplay scenarios with Ugnip55, he has exceeded expectations every time, from the moment I first made an interaction with him.

I believe he will actually roleplay predator to a standard which will shame many of the current whitelist who have recently got extremely lazy with the role.

+1
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very well written story, and I do enjoy seeing your character relish in his "Holier than thou, bigger than thou" attitude.

Query though,

What does roleplaying on CM mean to you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    It's a very well written story, and I do enjoy seeing your character relish in his "Holier than thou, bigger than thou" attitude.

Query though,

What does roleplaying on CM mean to you?
    Roleplay can be extremely simply described as «playing a role». I believe that it should be more than that however. Any marine is, by playing CM alone, roleplaying. Even if they are screaming «unga dunga unga bunga», they are still technically roleplaying (albeit at a low level). I don’t count that as actual roleplay, though. I feel like roleplay needs to include fear, anger, happiness, sadness and other reasonable, well-proportioned emotions to be proper roleplay. For example, a Corporate Liaison pacing back and forth in his office in fear, waiting for the command staff to open the evac pods so they can get out of there as soon as possible to avoid the xeno threat onboard. That’s what I’d count as roleplay. Or maybe two marines having peaceful banter in the FOB, trying to distract themselves from the stress on the colony? Someone actually showing that they’re wounded?

I feel like roleplay should be a «How would you react» scenario, as well as a «How would your CHARACTER react» scenario at all times. Did someone piss you off? Show that you’re pissed off in an understandable, reasonable manner. If someone calls you stupid, you wouldn’t begin brutally attacking them in real life, would you? Are the aliens rushing onboard? Show that you’re fearful, if that’s what your character would do. Perhaps he enters survival mode and tries to help others above himself instead?

Roleplay is to me a player’s responsibility to try to immerse others and to a large extent, yourself, in the world you are playing in. You won’t be that immersed if a marine gets shot in the chest and they go: «Medic, overdose me on bicaridine and bandage me». If they however begin screaming in pain, perhaps even stuttering their words manually, it will be more believable and entertaining for all parties involved.

By doing all of this, the gameplay will most often increase in quality, due to the effort between two or more players to MAKE IT SO. Immersion is what I think roleplay is all about, both in general and on CM. I sadly feel like there’s a lack of proper roleplay sometimes, and it’s what I usually aim to increase in rounds, especially when I am playing ship-side roles.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so I've had time to ponder over this application and am going to be accepting it.

I find your story acceptable, and I find that you are up to the task of not only joining the hunt, but also adding valuable RP to both the WL and the community at large.

I have messaged Bancrose and told him of this ruling.

Welcome to the fields, brother.