February 14, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    im unsure name i was in game since human random
    Their BYOND Key
    Nanu308
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4:30 2/14/2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    THey claimed that i broke a rule less then two weeks ago which i know for a fact happened last year and I had reported a diffrent thing entirly.
    Description of the incident
    So i had got a warning for escalation that was more then warrented then it was closed that I had a last warning before ban then i reported if it was ok that people where allowed to spam disarm me on the ground and I'm not allowed to protect my self in thouse the admin then decided to lie saying less then 2 weeks ago and that I should be banned over it when i was reporting on the supposedly burned cat
    Evidence
    All of last round im unsure i can get correct date but they also lording their power to do what ever they want Nanu308: Sorry guys, i am bussy being staff reported by a griefer :^) even though i hit cade i was able shoot through fine along with everything they have said and acted like in discrd since came forward and seems like im not the only one who has a problem with this mod since I have the ooc chat from them in game even though banned.
    How you would punish the accused
    I would have them removed from their position they are obviously gloating and lording said power over others in discord as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    - Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
    - This also applies to the forums. Retain some level of professionalism when posting in player reports or ban appeals.
    - Do not release information from the staff chat to the public. EVER.
    are the rules broken

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

The incident:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp sent that wasn't marked: [14:14:57]ADMIN: HELP: Higiro/(Jocelyn Rios): nmy gernades keep hitting walls they go through normaly - heard by 10 non-AFK staff.

PMs between Swirly - Higiro

Spoiler Spoiler:

Another ahelp sent, taken by Nanu, as well as Nanu overruling Swirly regarding the punishemt for the incident:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT:

Player's previous warning for IE and ban:

Rule 14 - Lethal force/IE as Pilot shot his fellow pilot for refusing to exit the dropship. Warned.
    by on Fri, January 3rd of 2020

Banned by nanu308|Duration: 4320 minutes|Reason: Banned for Improper Escalation / Grief. As a Marine got Disarmed three times due to a failed grenade by them and then decided to open fire against the marines using both rifle as well as grenades. Player then later blatantly lied in ahelps to another moderator as well as claiming there were "15" marines doing it and crying foul. Overall very bad attitude and understanding for the rules as they have a previous note for this less than two weeks ago.
    by Nanu308 (SeniorModerator) on Fri, February 14th of 2020
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 02-14-2020 at 10:34 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see they claim it was less then 2 weeks ago and that reason i gained ban but that is clearly more then 2 weeks

and they miss used power to choose to over rule it when said a help i sent was for them to look into if it's o that I'm spamm disarmed stuck on floor not allowed to fight back if people do that just becuase of your unclear rules of esclation even though in ic becuase mps are suppose to do a job and prevent said things but do nothing.

I'd also like to note I did not lie that they purposly started to jump me becuase the cade in front of me made nade bounce back if actually where there and watch the event and not just look into logs that don't show full stories of what happened it's clear that I did indeed hit the cade blowing up it wasn't first time ether atleast 3 times in that op after i landed even though standing right at it and even though many other nades went through thouse didnt even though i wasnt moved and didnt hit any thing

they also took the law into their hands to start to strip me just becuase thouse are only items showen taken off dosen't take into acocunt they where planning to strip me naked fully then toss me aside and had also choosen to personally become mps them selves and dool out judgment that is left up to mps.

also some parts missing like fact i saw researchers green flames unless nades got an upgrade there is things missing in that log

i also find it strange my aim was that good seeing i was running away from them yet this claims i kept hitting them with bullets even though i was outta sight of them and they didn't chase me at a point shooting nade out instesad

I also know this isn't all correct becuase during me getitng up while disarming a person way more then one disarm happeneded
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 02-15-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the love of god please edit your posts instead of posting 10 different sentences
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also something weird gonig on cause i see way more explsions in this log then happened when the whole thing went down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't edit them i tried it's not letting me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I'm going to cut this short and try and clear things up, because there's a lot of confusion and frankly some people are having trouble actually reading what you're trying to say here. So the basic progression of events is this:
    1. You fire a bad nade which bounces off the cade line, messes people up. As a result, people assault you and try to get your explosives pouch off of you.
    2. In response, you begin shooting and nading them; SwirlyKins speaks with you about the issue, warns you about IE, and moves on.
    3. You later ahelp referencing the previous issue, so Nanu looks back at it to get a better idea of what's going on. In doing so, he sees that you reportedly lied to SwirlyKins regarding the nature of the issue, and that it was severe enough to warrant a ban, which he then gives out.

Here are the concerns you express point-by-point, for the sake of clarity. You allege that:
    • Nanu lied about when you received the last IE note, presumably to make you look bad or to justify the ban he gave.
    • That he acted unprofessionally in OOC when making remarks about the ban/incoming staff report.
    • That he misused his power by overruling SwirlyKins and making it a ban rather than a note.

You are correct that it was not two weeks ago that you received the prior note, but a month and a half. But even so, that does not change anything; ban escalation is generally based off of notes within a three month period, sometimes four. His mistake (and I'm inclined to believe it was a mistake, not a lie) doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. With regards to the OOC remarks, I actually agree. Nanu should not be mocking players or staff reports, regardless of if they're correct or not. And lastly, he did not abuse his power when he dished out the ban. Although senior mods overruling regular mods is rare, it is not necessarily out of their bounds; additionally, you made direct references to the previous issue, which prompted him to look at it and see what you're talking about.

Regarding the ban itself, I'm not entirely convinced you were lying or were malicious in your conversation with SwirlyKins, perhaps just confused. With that in mind, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and reduce the ban to a day - however, you should be aware that future issues, either with IE or with poor behavior with staff are not going to be treated lightly. And whether it's two weeks or a month and a half, you're liable to receive a larger ban.

Resolved; Nanu will be spoken to regarding the OOC remarks. The ban will be reduced to a day and the notes will be removed/adjusted to reflect the situation.

PS: no, you don't have to sit there and allow marines to attack you if an issue props up, but you can't shoot them or nade them when all they're doing is disarm spamming you. That's all that SwirlyKins was saying to you. Proper escalation is punching/disarming, melee weaponry, and then shooting. You skipped a step and started blasting anyone who came at you. Nobody has said you can't defend yourself.
    Last edited by scsnv; 02-15-2020 at 02:58 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.