User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crushers are OP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crushers are OP

Bro Crushers are op, You ever walk up to marines not caring if they have a shotty or m41a? because its all the same. you ignore their damage equally you just dont care the only thing that will make you hesitate is maybe that flamer dude but even then you know you can ignore his fire for a good 30 seconds if need be. you dont even ram anymore, its just a waste of time you know the marines are gonna dodge it so you opt in for just walking up to marines and slashing them to death because there is nothing they can do to run. If they fight back sure MAYBE they will live long enough to deter you away after 6 PB's and a mag of m41a but they will probably be bleeding out soon anyways......

crusher.png
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crusher should only be able to tackle. There is no reason or logic that this beefy dog would be able to lift up his fat fucking legs to slash at marines with his abnormally large toenails.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah elder+ is pretty epic, which is what you're almost now exclusively playing, cuz of the maturation bug :clown:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And crusher is one of the only xenos who can withstand a fatty in good circumstances and can shrug off nades/rpg and even ltb if its armor is decently full
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I feel like crusher is kind of weak, and I'll take the counterargument that I'm bad at it because that's definitely a possibility. But it's a caste I really like, which I've really tried to make work and which I've recieved positive comments while playing.. and yet I just don't think it does work.

Sure, you can walk up to a single PFC and probably not have to worry about actually dying regardless of their loadout, which I guess is something. But as a T3 your role isn't really to go after single marines, it's to frontline, and in that regard crusher kind of fails because every marine has buckshot. Buckshot isn't going to delete a crusher like it does other xenos, but because it's AP it will very quickly wreck your armor, which means you can't tank other weapons. It's not like you have to lose all your armor before you can't tank any more, even going to 80% or so it's very noticable that M41s start stripping health. Which means you have to find a place to stand around regrowing armor, and that ends up comprising most of your playtime because you cannot avoid buckshot. Even if you're relying on charging, you're so slow as soon as the charge ends that it's trivially easy for someone to PB you once or twice, and after a few PBs your armor is back to 60%.

I haven't played crusher since maturation speed was increased, so maybe being ancient faster helps. I've certainly seen a lot more people playing crusher offensively since that update and I'd hazard a guess it's probably more viable. But that may also be because the xeno winrate is up, and it's easier to be individually good when your team is winning. I don't think it's necessarily a sign that crusher is OP.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surimi View Post
    snip
    Not every marine has buckshot. That would be like 60-75% maybe. Buckshot isn't AP, which means it deals damage to armor. AP bullets bypass armor.
    Beg Queen to give you Leader, tell her to emit Warden. Here you go, better armor, slower degradation.

One Crusher slash on the head of full HP marine with helmet can break the skull.

I wouldn't however call Crusher OP. Armor has a chance to deny broken bones from ram, Heavy Armor especially does it reliably, to the point where you survive ram and stomp at the same time.

Solution to all of the Crusher problems I think would be his Plasma pool representing his "Stamina". If he isn't in "Stalk" mode, he "leaks" plasma. During normal running Crusher is overall faster, but when he plays like a retard, not thinking about his plasma reserve, he finds himself unable to escape even Heavy Armor marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crushers are op rn because of the maturity bug, so they're all ancient one hour into the game. Nothing really kills an ancient crusher

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes like 10 PBs to kill a mature crusher lmao

and you dont even see those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    It takes like 10 PBs to kill a mature crusher lmao
    It takes about 4, at full armor

Maybe one extra to finish it when it's in crit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not OP

there hasnt been any change to crushers in a long time (the last change to them was when armor was added to xenos) other than the maturity bug meaning its only that people are surviving so long with crusher that they can mature+ and do things

the recent shotgun nerf may have something to do with it since thats like 50%+ of marines trying to deal with it using that weapon
    but you could try not to do that yknow, crushers are not hard to avoid like a runner/lurker

yes they can actually frontline sort of without having to retreat after getting shot a bit, for the bulkiest frontline caste is that a surprise

if theres something that annoys me when i play crusher its flechette oh my god