User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crushers are OP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    Crusher should only be able to tackle. There is no reason or logic that this beefy dog would be able to lift up his fat fucking legs to slash at marines with his abnormally large toenails.
    This is silly. Did you forget they have a mouth? And tail? Even the in game text often has claw attacks actually end up as bites or impaling tail hits. Besides, a crusher is ridiculously large. It kicking you should be able to break your leg or arm - yes, it's that tall that simply thrusting its leg forward will hit your arm or chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No crushers aren't braindead to play, No crushers are not OP at all where do ya'll get this shit from, DCHAT?

Crushers negatives:
    -Slow as shit regen
    -Fire
    -ONE (1) marine body blocking with a shotgun
    -shitty ability
    -slow charge up

Everything the crusher is now is crappy compared to the eariler versions of it. Crusher can tank hits and do moderate damage till elder and ancient. But you're just risking yourself to be bullied if you die by one marine memeing all around you since you're slow as hell to turn back fast enough.

I've been a OG crusher since I started as Xeno they need some kind of strain to give them a worthwhile ability to counter the cheese marines like to do when you fuck up even once when charging.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    No crushers aren't braindead to play, No crushers are not OP at all where do ya'll get this shit from, DCHAT?

Crushers negatives:
    -Slow as shit regen
    -Fire
    -ONE (1) marine body blocking with a shotgun
    -shitty ability
    -slow charge up

Everything the crusher is now is crappy compared to the eariler versions of it. Crusher can tank hits and do moderate damage till elder and ancient. But you're just risking yourself to be bullied if you die by one marine memeing all around you since you're slow as hell to turn back fast enough.

I've been a OG crusher since I started as Xeno they need some kind of strain to give them a worthwhile ability to counter the cheese marines like to do when you fuck up even once when charging.
    I have to correct you a bit:
    - You know why HP regeneration on Crusher is apparently so slow? Because Crusher has giga HP pool and without pheros it heals just as fast as a runner (probably).
    - Fire? Giga HP pool.
    - ONE (1) marine with a shotgun is unable to kill Mature Crusher without Crusher safely escaping. Marines can't really "body block" they can only slow you down a bit. You know what you have to do when marine with a shotgun (or any) stands in your path? Move ONE (1) tile in other direction, change intent to "tackle", then click into general direction of a marine untill you either escape, or marine is stunned.
    - Shitty ability? Are you serious? Crushing walls, cades, marines, stomping those who are lying on the floor, it is all shitty? Stun it applies alone justifies its existance and it gives bone breaking damage on top.
    - Slow charge up is a part of balance.

With crusher, you have to think atleast few seconds ahead when you charge. This so called marine "Body Blocking" is the only way to punish cocky and/or bald and/or unluckey braindead crushers.

Please, for the sake of argument, become Ancient Crusher, find a source of fire without marines around (like OB, or Mortar), get set on fire and then stand in one place, without rolling to extinguish yourself.
    The same conditions in next "test". Be Ancient Crusher, find yourself a lone buckshot marine, count how many PB it takes for you to drop below 50% HP, then try to escape the same marine.

Also: Strains aren't supposed to be upgrades, they are intended to be sidegrades. It just so happen that both Defender and Rav strains are objectively better than their "original" form. No Strain will solve baldness.

Also x2: Imagine that some day those problems with crusher you listed dissapear. Then imagine how it would be to be a marine, or squad of marines and how they are supposed to kill you without you fucking out behind a rock to regenerate all lost HP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol just ignore crushers if on offense and block cade charges with fire, a head on charge will more often just hurt you but if you're with the squad you can usually be saved

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just chaseā€™em

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    - ONE (1) marine with a shotgun is unable to kill Mature Crusher without Crusher safely escaping. Marines can't really "body block" they can only slow you down a bit. You know what you have to do when marine with a shotgun (or any) stands in your path? Move ONE (1) tile in other direction, change intent to "tackle", then click into general direction of a marine untill you either escape, or marine is stunned.
    Have to disagree one that one.

Crusher tackle is bad. It's really bad. Obviously, since tackles are RNG you could get lucky and knock someone down on the first hit, but you could also be stuck there frantically clicking to no effect for the entire duration it takes even a single marine to PB you to death (which isn't that long, mature crusher only takes a few PBs to crit).

In my experience sidestepping works well against most marines unless they're robust and have good ping, so yeah, one marine isn't likely to kill a mature crusher by blocking them, but even a small group of marines can kill a mature crusher without too much trouble.

I agree that people massively over-rely on fire to try and kill crushers. When playing crusher, I actually prefer people trying to flame me because it means they're not shooting with weapons that can damage armour. Flechette is harsh but feels earned because the marine player has made an actual conscious choice to focus on countering heavily armoured castes like crushers, and because its uncommon enough that you can generally mitigate it just by keeping track of where the flechette boys and girls are. Buckshot PB (and to a lesser extend slugs) are just the worst. They're ubiquitous, you can't avoid them, and they still reliably fuck up armour.

- Shitty ability? Are you serious? Crushing walls, cades, marines, stomping those who are lying on the floor, it is all shitty? Stun it applies alone justifies its existance and it gives bone breaking damage on top.
    Honestly, charge is a bit trash right now simply because of the danger posed by the situation described above. Hitting a marine immediately knocks you out of charge. What that means in practice is that you can't rely on being able to carry on after hitting someone, and thus as soon as one guy dodges a charge you have to break it off or risk them getting behind you and blocking your escape, which means they're probably going to PB you a couple of times as soon as you break charge and suddenly you've traded a fifth of your armor (probably about 2 minutes of recovering even with warding) for little to no damage dealt.

If you do get lucky, you could knock someone down, trample them and then use your health to drag them to xeno lines while they're stunned, but other T3s have similar tricks which aren't luck dependent.

I guess breaking walls is useful.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surimi View Post
    Have to disagree one that one.

Crusher tackle is bad. It's really bad. Obviously, since tackles are RNG you could get lucky and knock someone down on the first hit, but you could also be stuck there frantically clicking to no effect for the entire duration it takes even a single marine to PB you to death (which isn't that long, mature crusher only takes a few PBs to crit).

In my experience sidestepping works well against most marines unless they're robust and have good ping, so yeah, one marine isn't likely to kill a mature crusher by blocking them, but even a small group of marines can kill a mature crusher without too much trouble.

I agree that people massively over-rely on fire to try and kill crushers. When playing crusher, I actually prefer people trying to flame me because it means they're not shooting with weapons that can damage armour. Flechette is harsh but feels earned because the marine player has made an actual conscious choice to focus on countering heavily armoured castes like crushers, and because its uncommon enough that you can generally mitigate it just by keeping track of where the flechette boys and girls are. Buckshot PB (and to a lesser extend slugs) are just the worst. They're ubiquitous, you can't avoid them, and they still reliably fuck up armour.
    This just proves my point. One marine with buckshot won't be able to kill you reliably to the point where the same ONE (1) marine is apparently a counter to you.
    Yes, tackles are RNG, but tackle is just a bonus to sidestepping, you shouldn't rely on pushing the same marine who stays in your way and pray for tackle to work.
    Crusher is also second worst beno to work alone. First place is taken by Boiler. As a crusher you should charge from the direction where xenos are and they should then follow you, since marines will be focused on shooting you (and you will tank all of those shoots), others will have free time to bust marines and you will have easier job to escape again.

Crushers can literally stop their charge basically at any point of it. If you see that you won't be able to charge trough entire frontline, or into place where your beno sisters are, you can just stop charging and retreat. Just as boiler won't stand in field, trying to gas when that one poor marine with 4x scope is shooting at him if said boiler doesn't have any protection.

All benomains who cry about Crusher being so weak, that they have so many counters and that they need massive buffs: Watch this video, this is how it was TWO (2) years ago, when 75-25 winrate was at its peak:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch this video, this is how it was TWO (2) years ago, when 75-25 winrate was at its peak:
    -a video-
    what does a video two years ago have to do with now

crushers arent the same as the kind in that video anymore

their speed at max charge now is alot slower + gives more warning
    their tackle is a lot worse, as stated before
    its all almayer combat which is tight hallways
    and you cant hit multiple ppl with a single charge anymore

yeah crushers were the strongest at that point

marines play hyper shotgun spam atm and crusher is the 1 xeno besides queen that handles that weapon better than any other caste, can i also mention its a t3 and u should not be able to 1v1 or even 2v1 or even 3v1 the beefiest of all the xenos

like how shotguns give marine the most survivability in a fight, being crusher does the same but for xenos, it doesnt mean that shotgun or crusher gets the most kills (even though they both do) it just means they have the best chance of surviving an encounter, and surviving an encounter allows for more encounters = more kills

havent you all been shouting about prae and rav being op for the last year? and suddenly now that crushers evolve fast (which is a BUG) its suddenly OP even though it hasnt had a change in forever, and what seems to be 'OP' about it is the fact that it doesnt die and it can actually trade hits without a shotgun blowing it to pieces, isnt it fine that the shotgun is unable to deal with (and its not like fire vs rav where its totally immune, it still does decent damage) 1 xeno? since it regularly blows up half the hive every round
    Last edited by reuben owen; 02-18-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: removed duplicate video for size

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    what does a video two years ago have to do with now

crushers arent the same as the kind in that video anymore

their speed at max charge now is alot slower + gives more warning
    their tackle is a lot worse, as stated before
    its all almayer combat which is tight hallways
    and you cant hit multiple ppl with a single charge anymore

yeah crushers were the strongest at that point

marines play hyper shotgun spam atm and crusher is the 1 xeno besides queen that handles that weapon better than any other caste, can i also mention its a t3 and u should not be able to 1v1 or even 2v1 or even 3v1 the beefiest of all the xenos

like how shotguns give marine the most survivability in a fight, being crusher does the same but for xenos, it doesnt mean that shotgun or crusher gets the most kills (even though they both do) it just means they have the best chance of surviving an encounter, and surviving an encounter allows for more encounters = more kills

havent you all been shouting about prae and rav being op for the last year? and suddenly now that crushers evolve fast (which is a BUG) its suddenly OP even though it hasnt had a change in forever, and what seems to be 'OP' about it is the fact that it doesnt die and it can actually trade hits without a shotgun blowing it to pieces, isnt it fine that the shotgun is unable to deal with (and its not like fire vs rav where its totally immune, it still does decent damage) 1 xeno? since it regularly blows up half the hive every round

All benomains who cry about Crusher being so weak, that they have so many counters and that they need massive buffs: Watch this video, this is how it was TWO (2) years ago, when 75-25 winrate was at its peak:
    You didn't read that part, don't you?

This is what this TWO (2) years old video has to do now: Buff Crushers, remove their "drawbacks" and they become exactly what they were then. Unstoppable force that needed major fuckup to kill. I can remember situation from that period, where even admemes were pissed off for delaying Crusher, that they tried to Abomb it. It was too fast and had too much HP and explosion ressistance to die from Abombs.

Also this:

I wouldn't however call Crusher OP. Armor has a chance to deny broken bones from ram, Heavy Armor especially does it reliably, to the point where you survive ram and stomp at the same time.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-18-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crusher isn't overpowered but it offers too high of a reward for a very low skill investment, this is the same problem that affects Lurker, Spitter, Praetorian, etc. Most xenos really.

I've found myself turning off my brain and running through several tiles of fire to slash marines while playing Crusher. Your slash does insane damage, your health is pretty high, your armour *does* break quickly but it's also insanely formidable when full and good armour management will mean it's never at half or below. You're faster than any marine who isn't on cocaine or no armour, so they can't really run from you. Getting bodyblocked is a non-issue. Marines who bodyblock make it exceedingly obvious what their tactic is and you should plan ahead to have an escape route - and if all else fails, slash them to death or put your life in Lady Luck's hands and tackle them. I have survived making a retarded amount of mistakes as Crusher with no repercussion. My latest Crusher round, I made so many mistakes and never died. You know how I ended up dying? I stood still for 20 seconds facetanking for a Praetorian who got put in crit. Literal marines with rifles and shotguns took AGES to kill me.

Crusher also has the very unique ability to open new flanking routes in matters of seconds, as well as the COMPLETELY UNIQUE ability to tear through stuff like LV's jungle walls to make flanks only they could possibly create.

Can't wait for the rework, it'll be a lot more fun to play as and against.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome