Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton5336 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Ashton5336

Player Name You Use Most?
    Ava Northey

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A. Do have some stuff that is "noted" how ever.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I feel it should be used to dispose of people who are intentionally putting others in harm's way needlessly or jeopardizing the operation. Though it should only be done with careful consideration and substantial evidence.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    They would make sure all positions are manned as best they can. Even when understaffed. When understaffed would have others try to fill for the missing people or even attempt to do so them selves if necessary. In the case of insubordination the offending person or party ,depending on the situation, will be demoted and stripped of some access. In the case where it is a repeat or what they did was severe enough, they would be perma brigged or executed.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commander is to give orders to lower ranking officers, lead the operation, ensure everything is running like a well oiled machine, and take responsibility for failure or disaster as the highest ranking officer. In the event of a evac it is their job to make sure as many people survive as possible, and to remain on the ship until they are sure everyone is off.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    For the purpose of event based things it would be good if they could speak languages other than common/English. It would help with communicating with high ranking officers on the opposite side on HvH and make it easier for treaties and cease fires to be formed.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I would hope to be able to maintain a enjoyable and interesting environment for the crew and the marines. A way I would do this would be by using lots of different and unusual tactics, as well as making sure there is always something for the shipside crew to do.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    They worked in the Corps originally as a Smart gunner. There first op was rather easy and smooth, they where responding to a distress signal received from a colony in which a large portion of the colony started a rebellion and were classified as terrorist, the "terrorists" quickly surrendered after a few small losses in fear. Through the years that followed, they climbed the ranks and eventually went to officers academy. After they finished officers training they where employed as a XO. One day during a operation where the majority of the crew was killed fighting UPP operatives. They and the remaining forces held out and successfully fended off the UPP forces and ultimately were able to claim victory. There work during the operation landed them a promotion to the captain of the USS Almayer.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you aren't a bad player from what I've seen, and you do seem to like the USCM, but your answers are lacking in my opinion.

BE answer: I like what you have for your BE answer, but you didn't say what makes it different from regular execution.

How would you run the ship: I liked the first part of this answer, I think perma would be better than execution for something like repeated insubordination.

What is the job of commander: What you have isn't bad, but I think you need more.

What could be added to CO to benefit the role: I really like that idea.

What will you contribute being whitelisted: I like your answer for this one.

Story: Your story is pretty short and doesn't really show too much about how you act, but it does list how they got there.

Overall: I have seen you as XO once (that may just be me not being on when you are). I think, if you talked to some whitelisted captains on discord and the council themselves you could improve your answers. If this app gets denied, then try making your story longer next time and give it some more depth. Make sure to use whitelist-help on discord, to get some professional help with apps.

For now I will have to -1 this app for the above reasons, but I bet your next app could be really good if you make sure to get help when creating it.

Best of luck.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. When do you play? Never see you on as XO and I doubt I seen you as an other command roll. (Critical to have the experience)

2. What is the difference between battlefield execution and a regular execution, give some scenarios

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've recently seen you as an MP in the frontline for god knows why, which shows me you lack the basic knowledge of ML.

Your answers are very incomplete and lackluster and your story could be WAY better and I have not seen you playing SO / XO at all.

The application itself shows a lack of effort, even by our standards, and for those reasons I will have to -1 this.

Your account creation shows me that you are a new player. I suggest you spend time grinding as a SO, get known and eventually start playing XO when you feel more comfortable, and only then you will have good chances of getting this WL.

If you want some tips on how you can improve, feel free to PM me or on of the CO council members for advice.

Good luck !

EDIT: To answer you

LZ1 was the FOB in ICE, not the bar
    Last edited by smov; 02-16-2020 at 12:40 AM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have interacted with you previously and while you do try, you are not either familiar enough with command roles, nor marine law to even be considered for the whitelist, in my eyes.

You've been in the community a very short time for what is arguably one of the most important roles.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smov that was because it was ordered for us to go down and keep an eye on the FOB by the CO. I did not leave the FOB unless I had to. Also I do have a decent amount of time as xo and so. I have also been playing off and on since about October 2018 I think it was, but never really played a whole lot till just not long ago. Also, in regards to the "lack of effort" I'm just not the most creative and often have a hard time expressing ideas and opinions I have through words as well.

solidfury I've played for a lot longer than this forum account has existed. I usually don't bother to make accounts on forums and just use forums as a visitor/guest. I actually started playing around in 2018 off and on. And in regards to marine law, I USUALLY ignore it unless I'm playing mp usually. And yes, I've never fully learned marine law. I've read over it several times but always have to refer back to the book because I cant remember it for some damn reason.

Pigeon, I usually play from 4-5pm EST to 7-9pm EST. and I have quite a few hours as XO and SO.
    Last edited by Ashton5336; 02-16-2020 at 12:31 AM. Reason: bad wording

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, from what I can tell you are too new to be a Captain.

That is the mostly evident on your application answers that you don't really have a good grip on how things go around this community and game.

You need to get some more experience, so try out all the roles and play at least more than one month from his moment to get a better understanding of how things work. Read rules, read marine law, read SOP, read guides, guidelines and then feel free to try again.

Sorry but for now, this is a -1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 02-16-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to reply to your reply, It was all linked. Since I also had happened to read a pamphlet on engineering, I was instructed to help the squad engineers. which I was doing. Also, since I think you're the medic that saved my ass after I got jumped and dragged out away from the cades, thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to say this bud.

But this application is the most lack-luster and pathetic application I've seen while I've been on the council outside one very trollish attempt at an application.

If you are going to make a bad story, at least make it somewhere around 600-1000 words or make a good dossier.

Your story is 135 words long and don't use the cliche of enlisted to CO without a good explanation, just make some stupid story that explains how your marine went to officer's academy then became a CO and did this and that blah blah blah.

TLDR; This falls short of even the CO whitelist, contact the council or discord whitelist-app-help channel for help next time. My DMs are always open to friends or not on discord.

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have seen you a handful of times in game, but I don't think I have seen you in CIC.

The application is really low effort and most of the answers are quite generic and indicate a lack of experience. Plus it all fits in my PHONE screen.

Yeah, that's gonna be a no.

Get more experience in the game first, maybe a month or two. Then start playing XO and read other accepted applications for examples.

Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)