User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Flaregun the new marine meta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Flaregun the new marine meta?

Ok look I'm sure you think I'm absolutely fucking retarded but hear me out

Ok so flames ignore Beno armor or whatever right? And most beans are just walking armor playing, right? So the obvious counter to this is flame, right? So the flamer is useful, right?

But, the flamer sucks ass. Long cycle time, block off pushes, FFs easier then dropping a box of HEFA onto the floor of the FOB. So, fellow marines, I present a solution

The Flaregun

Not only is the Flaregun a compact weapon, it comes with a holster! It is incredibly easy to find, use, and reload, and every marine carries it's ammo type (Unless you don't like seeing what your shooting at)

The pros:
    -literally carry pouches full of ammo of this bad boy
    -one ammo type makes light, the other scares benos with them green flares
    -Comes with a smartscope, so you literally cannot FF anyone, and can shoot over the heads of fellow marines
    -Fire damage completely ignores armor
    -Cucks a crushers charge...at range!
    -Intimidation factor: "muhreens hacking I just got set on fire randomly!!!"
    -Spam flares, make drone mains mad because every time they acid a flare, they are set on fire by another flare, that they then have to put out, and the cycle repeats
    -Light up targets for the mental simpletons still using firearms as a primary weapon
    -Sound is loud and stands out, inducing fear in the common xeno

Cons:
    -your kinda fucked against ravs and the queen
    -req never sends flares, enjoy hauling backpacks of flares to stash in the fob
    -aside from those two there literally are no downsides

Why aren't you all taking flareguns every drop????? Do you want the xenos to fuckin win?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do flares really set xenos on fire?
    Smells like bullshit to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Do flares really set xenos on fire?
    Smells like bullshit to me.
    They do, but with the way flames are, they don't work in the sense that when a xeno is on fire, it will take the same amount of damage per tick, for the same length of time.

For example, a flamer with regular napalm's fire will deal more damage and will last longer. It's also harder to remove in the sense that it will require more 'resists' or more assistance from other xenos to extinguish. Flares do pretty minimal damage in terms of fire damage, they're typically extinguished in one roll or a few pats and will also disappear quicker.

I've heard devs refer to fire as a "stacks" so what I presume this means is you could consider it like this:

A flamer will apply five "stacks" of fire to a xeno and a flare gun will apply one "stack" of fire. I would assume that each individual "stack" deals a certain amount of fire damage per tick and for every certain amount of ticks, one "stack" will disappear.
    Last edited by Corocan; 02-16-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your saying I need to carry....more flareguns?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wubawubadickcheney View Post
    So your saying I need to carry....more flareguns?
    Nope. You need to hit a beno like fuck ton of times for it to do damage and lasts as long as normal napalm fire. Flaregun fire can be compared to welder fuel flame, weak, pathetic, nearly no damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even think the fire from a direct flare hit will outdamage on weed healing, let alone pose a significant threat to any xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned, flaregun fire is very weak and typically only takes a single resist to remove (although smart T2s and T3s won't even bother removing it). You shouldn't be relying on it for damage.

That said, bring a flaregun. Stand at the back of your squad and keep flaring away. The light will really help and if you do hit something the fire might spook less experienced xeno players a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had lots of fun supporting chokepoint battles with a secondary flaregun a while back. I don't think you can put green flares through the flaregun, so that pro might need to be looked at. Another con is the slow cycle time. You're probably getting one shot off every three seconds. But the ultimate pro is that you get to be the cancer that CM deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garbage. Absolute 100% worse than the M39 and Mod 88 worst qualities combined garbage. Might as well use a holdout pistol instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the queen no longer being able to heal flaming xenos, comboing this on a T3 while pushing could certainly be useful