User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Give people more reason to carry sidearms

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidearms have their place for SLs and officers, where you're either carrying a MD or a lifesaver belt and you're filled with other supplies. Having that free ammo in the suit slot helps a lot.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Sidearms have their place for SLs and officers, where you're either carrying a MD or a lifesaver belt and you're filled with other supplies. Having that free ammo in the suit slot helps a lot.
    If you play SL without a shotgun you're doing it terribly wrong

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What absolute nutjob plays SL without taking at least one shotgun? Hell, I take a MOU53 and a regular pump shotgun full of buck as SL.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here's the thing. When I SL I seldom fight lurkers and runners, since they're mostly busy killing baldies in the South Nexus. So my main opponent is warriors and T3, plus I always have enough shotgunners in the squad itself to watch my ass. I hardly remember a round where a shotgun would have helped me, unless I already made some big mistake. I often carry the smartpistol, yes it's kinda bad but it scares that rare runner that ran into the formation and any extra damage on the Queen that just screeched helps and I have to stay in the back to spam my orders when she runs in anyway.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here's the thing. When I SL I seldom fight lurkers and runners, since they're mostly busy killing baldies in the South Nexus. So my main opponent is warriors and T3, plus I always have enough shotgunners in the squad itself to watch my ass. I hardly remember a round where a shotgun would have helped me, unless I already made some big mistake. I often carry the smartpistol, yes it's kinda bad but it scares that rare runner that ran into the formation and any extra damage on the Queen that just screeched helps and I have to stay in the back to spam my orders when she runs in anyway.
    You can just take a smartpistol AND a shotgun though. Squad leaders don't need a backpack or satchel.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like rolling 39-md if I am not being point as SL since ill be mainly CASing.

But SL that takes point 100% shotgun-whatever ammo+ 41. Specialize your shottie and use the 41 for cowardly acid caste

Otherwise I ussally get sidearm if I have space in a satchel, or spec. I really want all the space for ammo.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I take the buck primary along with smartpistol, I won't have the firepower of my M41. And if you're taking buck, you want it in your suit slot, less some runner pounces and drags you away. Satchel is needed for that medkit and I'm using lots of ammo. You can take the medkit pouch, or just leave it, it's up to your preference. I'm also taking a tools pouch quite often now, so it's another thing competing for space. MOU is good on SL, but I rarely get it now in my req and if I do I'm rather willing to give it to some PFC.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I take the buck primary along with smartpistol, I won't have the firepower of my M41. And if you're taking buck, you want it in your suit slot, less some runner pounces and drags you away. Satchel is needed for that medkit and I'm using lots of ammo. You can take the medkit pouch, or just leave it, it's up to your preference. I'm also taking a tools pouch quite often now, so it's another thing competing for space. MOU is good on SL, but I rarely get it now in my req and if I do I'm rather willing to give it to some PFC.
    The M41 is bad though.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M41 is not that bad. Many marines just have M41 depression, where they see that it won't kill any xenos fast and then they don't even bother to shoot from it when they see xenos. QFA is decent. I usually go with skele R6 BFA BC build. Kinda hard to use in open spaces, but at medium range in tighter corridors within a proper firing line this thing works really well. Makes T3s charging at you go "oh fuck, oh fuck, what" really quickly.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    This opens up the thorny question of why can't marines go prone to allow proper firing lines?
    The prone position is technically already moddled, not sure if the mechanism to fire is though.

I wouldn't be opposed to something like this from a gameplay standpoint. From a staff standpoint however, I would not at all be enthused about having to bonk people for meming it up by dragging themselves everywhere, which is the exact reason why the dragging mechanic was removed.